October 08, 2024, 12:39:43 PM

Author Topic: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects  (Read 82261 times)

Offline BlackEd

[WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects
« on: December 22, 2009, 03:56:46 AM »
I wanted to share some of the conversions I did for my Dwarf Army, and then I realized that I wanted to also show some the Conversions I did for my Chaos mortals list, and then...

So I will post the Dwarf and Chaos stuff I have pictures of now.  I will photos of the other stuff later on.

First up, Dwarfs:

Dwarf general. modelled after one of the Dwarf Character models in WHFB at the time.  The WHFB model was standing on a shield held by two other Dwarfs.  So I did that and added some details, with the general's rune stone in the background:

Next I worked on the Runesmith.  A mini-diorama showing the Runesmith working at the forge.  The banner is plumber's epoxy and brass rod.  The images on the banner (and the runestone, above) are freehand.

Dwarf Gyrocopters:
I thought it would be cool if the Gyros where flying over the tree tops.  The skeleton of the tree is florist's wire, and plumber's epoxy to cover.  It is an early sculpt attempt.

Offline BlackEd

Re: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2009, 04:06:00 AM »
Now for some Chaos:

I was reading the posts on the yahoo group, and someone mentioned using Marauder horsemen to drive the chaos hounds.  I liked the idea and made up a few units:

I wanted a Tzeench unit, so I used flyers from teh plastic Epic scale.  I added larger eyes and used the packmaster as a rider on the flyer.  Some of the folks I play with think these look more like chariots.  You may notice one of the flyers has a larger eye.  I painted the eye as a bruised, swollen and half-closed eye.

At the time I painted this army, I had a Warmaster league going.  One of the scenarios we had used objective markers.  So I made two Chaos themed markers:

An finally, the General:

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2009, 07:37:55 AM »
 :o

by the tremendous amount of detailed brushwork !! 

I love the Dwarf on Shield, had been toying with that idea, but could not get it to work for me !! Kudos !!

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »
Absolutely stunning effort.
I love the chaos hounds, makes a lot more sense the packmaster being on a mount, what with them being Cavalry ;D.
My friend has done his dwarf general on a shield but it is nowhere near as good as this one.
Hope to see more soon.

Offline m4jumbo

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2009, 03:54:27 PM »
Very cool stuff.  Those alternate packmasters make those Chaos Hound units look really great.

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2010, 05:08:19 PM »
Now that Pendraken has released the worms that I sculpted, I decided to update my Warmaster projects thread.

Here are the worms with Empire Skirmishers:

Empire Skirmishers getting charged:

Compared to a US Quarter:

On stands.  I will use the worms as daemon cavalry.  As promised in other threads, I will sculpt up some riders for them.  I just am not sure when!

I want to post more pictures -- I painted up some Tzeentch daemon hordes and screamers that I really like.

Offline Carrington

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 06:03:02 PM »
Now that Pendraken has released the worms that I sculpted, I decided to update my Warmaster projects thread.

Beautiful work, great idea with the Chaos hounds, and great snakes... (hmm, is there a Fremen army list for Epic? or FWC?)

They just seem a little perky and well-disciplined without a rider -- having trouble making sense of the 'worms on parade' formation :-).
« Last Edit: September 15, 2010, 06:21:33 PM by Lex »

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2010, 03:55:01 AM »
Another update!  Here is an army shot of everything painted up for my Cthulu themed daemon army:

I'm happy with how it is coming out, but over the last few battles I realized that I need more characters.  The leaders for this army are very expensive.  To make matters worse, none of my daemon wizards have gotten a spell off yet!

I assembled the unit of Daemon hounds for the army.  Here is a WIP shot of the Hounds of Tindalos:

These guys are a conversion of the chaos hounds.  The green stuff flames (or clouds) are formed when the hounds rip into our part of reality from where ever they live.  I still intend to sculpt my own hounds from scratch and see if Pendraken would be willing to cast them.

DaveC kindly cast up some daemon units, and I have most of them painted now.  Here is a unit of Khorne Daemon flyers:

I hope you like the eyes!

Four units of Slaanesh daemon swarms:

The tough part here is that I wanted to stick with lighter purple-ish colors, but I wanted to be able to distinguish the unit from each other.  I think I was able to acheive what I wanted.

Here is the start of a Tzeentch army:

I had the good fortune to win an auction with a bunch of Tzeentch daemon units.  I have most of them painted up.  The daemon hounds were cast by DaveC.

A unit of daemon horde:

I went for flame colors.  I like the brightness of these.  I wanted the red/orange stripes to appear as if they were fixed in place, and the daemons were changing colors as they moved through the stripes.  I'm trying to figure out how to paint the daemons to represent that they are twisting reality...

So this next unit:

I painted this one up to be a "negative" -- light in the craks and darkest on the topmost edges.  They came out OK, but I may touch them up later.

The first unit I painted:

I like blue daemons.  I hope you do too.  I tried to get the highlights to be very bright, as if the color would hurt your eyes if they were real.

Screamers:

The body on these fades from yellow to red. 

More Screamers:

Sort of a compliment to the previous unit of screamers, only this time the trailing lines fade from yellow to red.

And the two units of Daemon hounds:

Again, the almost-white highlights are to represent color almost too bright to look at.

Some works in progress:

Two daemon leaders:

The one on the left is an AD&D 15mm figure, a Mindugulph Kendu.  If anyone has more of these, please PM me.  The leader on the right is going to have a ring of fire around him.  I may build it up a little higher before calling it done.

A unit of Daemon chariots:

As you can see, these are disc riders.  The models came from DaveC, but I converted them quite a lot.  While adding the spikes around the disc, the hand fell off one of the disc riders.  Which sparked the rest of the work.  I replaced the hands with fireballs and did the same for the other riders.  When it came time to make the stand with plumber's epoxy and a bit of clear acrylic rod, I thought it would be cool if the discs were leading a wedge of flame as they hurtled toward the enemy.  I finally finished the putty work on these earlier today.  You might also note the flames coming off the back of each of the riders.

And a greater daemon:

He is partially painted.  I need to highlight the robes and fix a blemish on his leg.  And do the base, of course.

As you can tell, I've been busy!

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2010, 08:44:20 AM »
Very nice work. I am looking forward to see the chariots and characters painted. Great job on sculpting the flames!
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2010, 09:32:27 AM »
Ow, my eyes hurt.
Truly spectacular, some of those pics a too bright :)
Really great looking army, you can't go wrong with dave's sculpts as they are excellent.
Glad to see another great daemon army out there.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2010, 09:34:48 AM by azrael71 »

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2010, 09:43:28 PM »
very impressive

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2010, 01:04:28 PM »
I decided the Cthulhu daemons needed another Hero.  I found a "Faceless Horror" made by Reaper (I think).  Here it is:

And here is another Reaper figure, converted a bit to be a Slaanesh Greater Daemon:

I had to reposition her so that she would face the short edge of the stand.  Originally she had scales on her torso and conical breast coverings, so I restored the proper flesh to her torso.  I replaced the weapon (it was a spear).  I liked the wierd face and the hand in the hair.

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2010, 01:19:46 PM »
Great models and very thematic.

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
Great model work

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2010, 11:35:54 PM »
Great paint in the faceless horror full of eyes and mouths!! uuuuuummmmmm, you genius!

but where is chtuluh himself? did Metal Magic do not have a critter of chtuluh in his Dunwich detective range of figures?

regards