October 08, 2024, 03:19:35 PM

Author Topic: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects  (Read 82270 times)

Offline BlackEd

Re: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects
« Reply #45 on: April 19, 2011, 06:36:13 PM »
Graymatterblues:  Yes, I take commissions.  What would you like to have sculpted?

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #46 on: April 19, 2011, 06:44:07 PM »
Cool work.
I love the gold hero as well as the foo dogs.

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #47 on: April 19, 2011, 07:55:36 PM »
Hoorak for the 10mil nipplepainters !!   8)

Dont bother with toos!   give her some piercings !

Ed, the Temple dogs are those we discussed in Kahrlsruhe ??   did you consider our other area of discussion ??

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #48 on: April 19, 2011, 08:40:49 PM »
10mm nipple-painters?  I hope this is a good thing.  Looking at the pictures, her nipples seem too dark.  No piercings, at least for now.  She's already been converted enough.  I will see if I can track down a 'before' picture so you can see what I did to convert her to this form.  I did briefly toy with the idea of giving her multiple sets of breasts.

Of course, she is bigger than 10mm herself, so I'm not sure that I have earned my place in the ranks of the 10mm nipple painters.

All the Slaanesh characters that I will use are 28mm miniatures, and will have bare breasts.  For some reason, an army of daemonically beautiful nearly naked women appeals to me.

The Temple Dogs are converted from Reaper.  No, they are not the sculpts I had in mind when we talked in Karlsruhe.  I realized recently that Temple Dogs only have 2 attack dice, so these temple dogs look a bit big.  I still like the idea of one male, one female, and a stand of puppies.  The dogs pictures above are all male.  If I had taken a shot of their rear you would see that the sculptor endowed them with unmistakably male bits.

What was the other area of discussion?  I remember we talked about Tengu, but am not sure if that's what you are referring to.

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #49 on: April 19, 2011, 08:57:14 PM »
I was really fired up to do sculpting when I was in Germany.  After being back for a week, I felt like crawling under a rock.  I will start sculpting again next week, but when Real Life (TM) gets this bad I mostly paint, read or play computer games.

Summary of the past three weeks:  Roofer still not done with the new roof on the house.  Cost of new roof: $36K.  Septic system failed at second house. (Yes, I own two houses.  I am renting the other one out.  If anyone would like to buy a house within 30 minutes of the New Hampshire sea coast in the USA, please contact me.)  To fix that will cost between $11K and $14K.  Work sucks, as we were understaffed and now two more people have quit, make us even more understaffed.  My work computer was hit with a virus.  I have 5 different customers who want me to work on their problem *right now*.  I have strategic projects that I haven't been able to make progress on.  And then my boss asks me, "So, what are you working on?"

In a week or two the weather will get warm and beautiful, and will want to spend quality time with my Kayak.  The good news is that my wife will also want to spend some quality time with her kayak.  So at least we can actually spend time together.  In a related vein, I would love to kayak down the Rhine river.  has anyone done this?

Back to sculpting, I want to finish the sculpts I have started, especially the chariots.  And once I get the crewmen done, doing Tengu, Oni and Imps ought to be a snap.  

Oh, wait.  Lex, do you mean the hounds?  Yes I thought about it, and even have some ideas of how to pull it off, at least for ones sculpted/made by hand.  But no experiments yet.  Watch this space.

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2011, 09:53:04 PM »
I have 5 different customers who want me to work on their problem *right now*.  I have strategic projects that I haven't been able to make progress on.  And then my boss asks me, "So, what are you working on?"

Sounds familiar

In a week or two the weather will get warm and beautiful, and will want to spend quality time with my Kayak.  The good news is that my wife will also want to spend some quality time with her kayak.  So at least we can actually spend time together.  In a related vein, I would love to kayak down the Rhine river.  has anyone done this?

Not down the Rhine, no.....  in places that might be a tad risky with the high amount of commercial trafic.
There is plenty of goof kayaking on the various tributaries of both the Rhine and the Maas (Meuse), and I did some sea-kayaking of the belgium and dutch coast when I was younger....   8)

Oh, wait.  Lex, do you mean the hounds?  Yes I thought about it, and even have some ideas of how to pull it off, at least for ones sculpted/made by hand.  But no experiments yet.  Watch this space.

Where we discussed sculpting some of the nasty bits and using transparant resin with those inserted............

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2011, 10:24:31 PM »
I love what I see

Offline DaveC

« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2011, 10:46:46 PM »
Excellent the Foo dogs look great I hadn't realised the Reaper minis would fit on a Warmaster base. I ended up selling most of my own Nippon stuff as the Kallistra stuff was just too out of scale I must look at Pendraken again.

Your Daemons continue to impress you really go the extra mile with details like the flames on the base.

Looking forward to seeing how you tackle the Tengu these presented  me with the biggest challenge think I still have the conversion bits in box somewhere. BOFA eagle wings are great for tengu but it all depends how you envisage your tengu a suppose.

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2011, 01:08:53 AM »
Here is the unconverted figure:  http://www.reapermini.com/FigureFinder#detail/60010 or http://www.reapermini.com/OnlineStore/Xanesha

You can see that I had to twist her to face over the end of her tail, so she would fit onto a Warmaster base.  I redid her torso so that it looked closer to human.  And I modified the weapon.

DaveC:  Thanks for the compliments!  The Reaper Foo Dogs don't quite fit on a Warmaster base, but it is close.  I trimmed down the sides and then it works.  The base is pretty thick, so the whole unit is pretty far off the ground.  I might end up sculpting new ones, ones that are are more suite to a monster throwing 2 attack dice.

I am going to go with a winged swordsman type figure, possibly a spearman.  Lex pointed out that tradional Tengu are just forest goblins that had the ability to teleport inside a forest.  But I like the idea of winged birdmen for Tengu.

All:  Thanks for letting me vent.  It has been a stressful few weeks, especially after such a nice time in Germany!

Back to Slaanesh characters:  When you say piercing, do you mean nipple piercings?  I have to admit to being tempted to do one with pierced nipples and a chain between nipples.  I could do pierced skin with bits of bone and hooks stuck through.  As a matter of fact, I have a Slaanesh dragon that I started converting, but gave up on it when I reached the part about sculpting on breasts.  I was also going to sculpt on a penis.  The throne for the rider was going to be held on by chains, the ends of which would be hooks through the dragon's flesh.  I suppose I could resurrect that project now that my sculpting skills are better.

I just picked up the Grey Knight Codex, and I saw a picture in there of a Grey Knight fighting a Slaanesh greater daemon.  The weapon in the daemon's hand was awesome.  I think I will have to try to recreate it for one of my Slaanesh characters.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 01:12:56 AM by BlackEd »

Offline docdom

« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2011, 11:31:41 AM »
As always great work!
For kayaking check out at the river Lahn. It's a very popular and beautiful area. There are also lots of historic castles plus it flows into the Rhein if you want to continue your journey to Lex.  :)

Offline DaveC

« Reply #55 on: April 22, 2011, 11:06:06 AM »
PM sent.

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #56 on: April 22, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
Next up are some additional Slaanesh Overlords/Sorcerers/Heroes.  In other words, plenty of bare breasts.

My wife thinks the nipples on the Slaanesh greater daemon are too pink and need some brown in their color.   

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #57 on: April 22, 2011, 09:10:21 PM »
ROFL !!

remember the wife is ALWAYS right !

Offline graymatterblues

• The Procrastinators Guide to Wargaming
« Reply #58 on: April 27, 2011, 04:56:04 AM »
Such a Renaissance woman you have there Ed!

Look forward to all the breasts on my table.   :D

Offline Brutalrage

« Reply #59 on: June 11, 2011, 09:29:44 AM »
i have never seen such beautiful custom made units be4....
im a bit speechless...