October 08, 2024, 12:37:13 PM

Author Topic: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects  (Read 82259 times)

Offline BlackEd

Re: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2011, 04:56:09 PM »
BrutalRage:  Thanks!  I'm glad my work left you speachless!

It's been a while since my last update.  Sorry about that!  I'm still working on my entries for the Pendraken painting competition, but it is coming slowly.  In addition, I am selling off some old WH40K figures, but I decided to paint them first to see if my painting skills would bring any extra cash.  Today I posted a Black Templar Chaplain, a Black Templar squad, and a Grey Knight squad.

Anyway, up for today:  I painted up my unit of Tzeentch Chariots, and have a unit of Tzeentch beasts.

First up, the beasts:

as you can see, these are old style flamers with a bit of flames added on.  the beast in the center is a converted malifaux figure.  I removed the forward facing hands and sculpted up my own 'flamer-hands'  In the end, I don't like him as much as the converted flamers.

Next up: the Tzeentch chariots:

I might have to take new phots of these, as the lightinh does strange things to the flames.  But I thought you guys would like a look at them.

Offline graymatterblues

• The Procrastinators Guide to Wargaming
« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2011, 07:38:56 PM »
Having faced those chariots on the field I can safely say they are intimidating! :D

Offline Guthwine

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2011, 10:21:22 PM »
Fire is a pain to paint (at least to me :D ) and yours look excellent!  Great work!
Warmaster:
- Bretonia
- Dwarves
- Highelf WIP

Epic:
-Imperial Guard
-Necrons
-Space Marines WIP

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2011, 10:24:18 PM »
damn those are awesome!

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #64 on: June 13, 2011, 08:28:26 AM »
I guess we need to create a new special rule for the flamers, to allow them to lay down a wall of flame behind them, counting as blocking LOS and unpassabel terrain, just to make you paint MORE flames/fire !

Not sure what you deem wrong with the photograhy, on this side of the water those look awesome !!

Offline calmacil

• Loc: Nottingham, UK
« Reply #65 on: June 13, 2011, 11:13:29 AM »
Those are brilliant!!!  :o The flames really stand out, works very well.

Makes me want to start a daemon army  >:(   :'(  ;D

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #66 on: June 13, 2011, 11:42:18 PM »
These flames are the very best I have ever seen in a "fire-stuff mini". Congrat !!

can you share how did you did it? did you catch fire your models and then take the pic ;)?

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2011, 06:17:53 AM »
I will post a tutorial soon, along with better pictures. 

This is more of a news update.  I got laid off Friday.  I have an 80 hour contract with my company, but I wanted to let folks know I am looking for something more solid now.  If anyone knows of a company in needs of a software engineer with skills in C++, C# and Windows CE and handhelds, please let me know via PM.

Despair not my friends, I will land on my feet and always have.

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2011, 10:43:36 AM »
Sorry to hear.
Best wishes ofcourse.

Where are you located?

Offline Brutalrage

« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2011, 02:20:35 PM »
These flames are the very best I have ever seen in a "fire-stuff mini". Congrat !!

what he said :P

and im sorry to hear about your job situation, hope u find somethin new soon!

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2011, 11:23:45 PM »
Fracas,

I am in New Hampshire in the USA.

I spent the past three and a half years focused on wireless communication between an on-board device and a server.  By wireless communication I mean over a wireless modem or using a wifi card.  The devices are in trucks, collecting data and transmitting the data back to a central collection point.  Because the devices are in trucks, they need to be rugged devices and withstand extreme temperatures.  You really wouldn't believe the amount of vibration these things are subject to.

I found that problems can creep in anywhere.  The cables can come loose (antennas or power!).  The cell carrier can accidentally disable a modem.  A cell carrier can provide great signal in an area, but only provide voice service (cell phone) and not data service (what the on-boards use to communicate).  Then there are flaws in the code that are revealed by a bizarre chain of events.  So the work is endlessly fascinating, ands sometimes frustrating.  Making order of the chaos is rewarding for me.

In the last year, I started working with handheld devices.  The software on the device provides proof of pickup and proof of delivery.  I've worked with the MC70s and Honeywell Dolphins mostly, but I had recently started porting the application to the MC95.

It was a lot of fun.  Especially the parts where I solved an issue that had baffled many people before me.

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #71 on: July 16, 2011, 04:06:18 AM »
OK friends, back to painting and modelling.

Here is the Elder Thing I sculpted up for the Pendraken Sculpting competition.  I created two head options for it.  One head is larger than the other.

First, the small head:

Next, the larger head:

I made this guy with Pro-Create and greenstuff.  I hope you like (in an insane, non-Euclidean sort of way)!

Offline Brutalrage

« Reply #72 on: July 16, 2011, 09:18:32 AM »
outta sheer curiousity, what army is this  thing for?
me not knowing all the 10mm armies outside of WM

Offline azrael71

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #73 on: July 16, 2011, 09:59:52 AM »
Very cool.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #74 on: July 16, 2011, 10:46:20 AM »