October 08, 2024, 07:40:51 AM

Author Topic: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects  (Read 82256 times)

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
Re: [WM] BlackEd's Warmaster Projects
« Reply #180 on: January 02, 2013, 04:42:39 PM »
For fittings all I use is two Ts, a release, a pressure gauge and a quick connector. Shouldn't cost you more than $15-20. You can get the Ts, guage and quick connectors at a DIY store and the pressure guage on eBay for cheap.

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #181 on: January 13, 2013, 02:04:00 PM »
I've got the new pressure tank set up.  I did a couple of tests with the new rig, fixed a few air leaks, and now am ready to test.  No pictures of the new set-up today though.  Sorry!

Here is a new Samurai cavalry unit.  The unit is mounted on my new stands.  I took these pictures so you can see how the miniatures fit into the stands.  No fuss!  Just glue the figure into place and go on to the next one.

I was so excited about the cavalry stands that I made some stands for infantry as well.  I'm almost done with an Ashigaru unit, the only thing left is the basing.  Here are some shots of the new infantry stands and one figure in one stand.  You'll see cavalry stands also, with one horseman in one of the slots.

I can barely wait to finish the Ashigaru unit, but alas, other things need to get done this weekend.  I decided to start teaching again.  I need to get ready for a college course I'm teaching, Object Oriented Analysis and Design.  However, I will do at least one test casting with the new pressure system this weekend. 

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #182 on: January 13, 2013, 04:39:36 PM »
Two posts in one day!

I tried casting using the new pressure tank.  Incredible!  The casting came out almost perfect!  Below are photos of the ankylosaur that will be carrying the Engine of the Frogs.  The tan was cast without the pressure tank, the white was cast with the pressure tank.

As you can see the spikes on the ankylosaur came out on the white version, the one cast under pressure.  Yippee! 

I also cast up a set of arms for the Greater Daemons.  They also came out without air bubbles!  This is awesome!

And here is a picture of the Ashigaru getting glued into the infantry bases that I cast up.

I will be creating similar bases for the Warmaster strips when I get back to painting GW figures.  Is anyone out there interested in these bases?

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #183 on: January 31, 2013, 12:10:01 PM »
Matt has asked that I paint up one of the Goblin Pump Wagons that I cast.  I'm still owrking on painting the crew.  But here is the wagon itself, equipped with a brightly colored, psychedlic mushroom.

And here's a Mystic for my Samurai army:

Offline Dave

• Mod
    • Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #184 on: January 31, 2013, 12:39:17 PM »
That looks like one of those poison mushrooms from Mario. Who's the mystic from? Pendraken?

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2013, 05:35:01 PM »
Yes, it is a Pendraken figure.

Offline Jurisch

• Karlsruhe, Germany
    • WARIMPERATOR
« Reply #186 on: February 01, 2013, 11:57:25 AM »
Hi Ed,

Fantastic work!!!

Nothing more to say....b :)

Cheers,

Jürgen

Armies ready for battle - Empire, Chaos, Dwarves, Skaven, Bretonia, Araby, Witch Hunters
Armies in recruitment - Orcs & Goblins, High Elves, Dogs of war

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #187 on: June 13, 2013, 05:14:58 PM »
Wow, too long between postings.

I have the Samurai army mostly done -- just some bases to flock.  Unfortunately, the pictures I took last night came out WAY too dark.  However, I do have a few photo's to share.

CaptPiet created the model of the Goblin Pump Wagon.  I created a mold, cast one up, and have now finished painting this one:

I'll post the photos of the Samurai army once I get better pictures.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #188 on: June 13, 2013, 07:02:44 PM »
That is pretty cool, looking forward to see your samurai army complete!

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #189 on: June 20, 2013, 02:54:37 AM »
Hi folks!  I have some pictures to share today!

Here's some shots of the entire Samurai army.  I might need to make a few extra characters.  Right now I have the Samurai Ape with banner bearer, Samurai Ape on the back of a Fu Dog, and a Samurai on foot with two Foo Dogs rampant as guardians.  I've also got a Mystic and a Sorcerer done.  The general you've seen before.

General with some Ashigaru units.  There are 9 Ashigaru units in this army.  You can see some of the characters along the cliff edge also:

This army has four units of Samurai on foot, and four units on horseback.  So the breakpoint of this army is 4.

There are three units of Ronin in this army.  Nice to have when you need the 'Expert Swordsmen' ability, but are certain the unit won't survive:

Another shot of the center of the army:

Three commanders out front trying to get the Ronin to move.  The hero on the blue base is standing on a casting of a Chinese coin that has a dragon on it.  It's supposed to be a tiled floor.  (How a tiled floor gets to the battlefield remains a mystery.  But I thought it would look cool.)  The hero is flanked by two Foo Dogs rampant.

A close-up shot of the General.  The Mystic is on the right, the Sorcerer on the left.  A Samurai hero can have one of five different retinues, and no retinue can be chosen twice in the same army.  I have the Army Builder files for the Nippon army if any of you use Army Builder.  Anyway, the Mystic is an Elf Wizard from Pendraken.  The fire is my sculpting.  The Sorcerer started as an Empire Wizard.  I took the skulls off the staff and sceptre.  I added a jar to the base that is supposed to have fog creeping out the top of it. 

I hope you enjoy the photos!

Ed

Offline Edmund2011

• Loc: Madrid, Spain
« Reply #190 on: June 20, 2013, 11:27:18 AM »
Really nice army. Congratulations!

the General Vignette is wonderful :)

Offline David Wasilewski

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #191 on: June 20, 2013, 04:57:16 PM »
Excellent. The use of Foo Dogs (Reaper?) is genius.
Where are the Vimto monks? (Veeery old 1st ed warhammer joke)

Dave

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #192 on: June 20, 2013, 06:54:19 PM »
That is a great and plenty of colour army. Congrat, really nice!

Offline BlackEd

« Reply #193 on: June 20, 2013, 08:16:58 PM »
Thanks for all the kind words.  There's something like 22 painted units here.  I decided that each unit would have its own color scheme to show that the army is made up of units from different houses.

The Samurai have back banners, and the ronnin do not.

The army is done, but I still want to create more units for the army.  Now I can play wil a completely painted army. 

What's left: Dragonne mount, Abbot (monk general), Imps, Oni, Foo Dogs (sculpt is started), paint up some monk units, sculpt fanatic monks. I didn't list all the retinues possible, or any of the Ancestries.

David -- what is the joke about the Vimto monk?  I'm looking for any information so I can model one!

The good news, my friends, is this:  I can cast my own miniatures now!  So if I sculpt it, I can cast it.  Which means that I can then sell it.

Offline Edmund2011

• Loc: Madrid, Spain
« Reply #194 on: June 20, 2013, 09:26:18 PM »
And if you can sell it.... count on me for buying...  ;)