July 19, 2024, 02:28:02 PM

Author Topic: [WM] Vincent's Stuff  (Read 122289 times)

Offline spiritusXmachina

• Warmasterplaytest team
    • Loc: Austria
    • Plain of Battle - Worldwide Warmaster Campaign
Re: [WM] Vincent's Stuff
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2010, 06:18:21 PM »
I am very impressed, vincent. You seem to have worked quite effective.
And I know what I'm talking about as I made my own fortress some years ago (doing my own moulds). It took three months of every spare minute I had (not mentioned painting).

You only should consider to change your "destroyed wall section". Taking the existant WM Siege Rules a destroyed wall section is between 4 to max 5 cm wide and could be in the middle, to the left or right of your 12,5cm sections. So maybe you should create some 4cm sections to exchange...

Great work,
Gerald
WARMASTER
Small models
Great Game!

Offline vincent

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2010, 11:04:18 PM »
@fracas and Gerald:
I'm planning to play with Warmaster Medieval Armies rules since IMHO they are far more complete and mature and will happily adapt to a fantasy wargame. In Warmaster Medieval Armies walls are 12cm sections, including destroyed one. This is why I choose this length.

I stretched 0.5cm to 12.5 cm only to give some room to manipulate units atop walls with ease or ensure stands just a little bit wider than 4cm due to basing material still fit atop the walls.

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2010, 11:39:16 PM »
will you make towers as well?

i really want some if i can afford them

Offline vincent

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2010, 11:46:17 PM »
will you make towers as well?

Sure I will :)
I was prototyping them this evening. I should have the 1st model done tomorrow evening or the day later if I'm busy with real-life stuff ;)

Offline vincent

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2010, 09:10:31 PM »
Just enough spare time to complete the tower prototype this evening:

A bit too flat for my taste. I'll try to improve that later, but the basis are there.

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2010, 10:31:32 PM »

A bit too flat for my taste. I'll try to improve that later, but the basis are there.

Vincent,

it could do with some arrowslits on the exterior, and maybe doors for access to the battlements that will adjoin it ? That would also take away much of the "flatness"

Or have an outward sloping edge,  or buttings to its bottom, like on the walls

Offline vincent

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2010, 10:45:19 PM »

Vincent,

it could do with some arrowslits on the exterior, and maybe doors for access to the battlements that will adjoin it ? That would also take away much of the "flatness"

Or have an outward sloping edge,  or buttings to its bottom, like on the walls

There is 4 arrow slit per face. You can't see them because of the color of the walls and the flash.
There is also a door on basement on the rear already, but I did not take a shot of it ;)

The slopping edge is not a viable option: walls would not longer connect nicely to the tower.
Buttings could be a good option though. I'm just wondering if they could prevent the walls from connecting nicely too. I'll give it a try :)

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #52 on: March 02, 2010, 03:33:24 AM »
what about buttressing on the corners?
would lend an impression of sloping walls without interfering with wall placements

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #53 on: March 02, 2010, 12:07:14 PM »
and if you place such on the tower corners, you can size them so that wall pieces will fit securely next to the towers

Offline David Wasilewski

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #54 on: March 02, 2010, 09:30:36 PM »
You could add some vines/creepers to help break up the wall of grey (excuse the pun)

Dave

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 08:16:01 AM »
Of course, ONLY on the inside.....   no sensible castleowner would leave stuff on the outside that would allow someone easy entry into his abode....

One thing you would see on older buildings is wall-amchors....   large "staples" that seem decorative, but supposedly hold stuff together.

Offline Carrington

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
Of course, ONLY on the inside.....   no sensible castleowner would leave stuff on the outside that would allow someone easy entry into his abode....

One thing you would see on older buildings is wall-amchors....   large "staples" that seem decorative, but supposedly hold stuff together.

Fair point -- presumably clearing the vines would be a first priority task for the corvee.

That said, would you climb up the 'vines' on a Chaos (or wood elf) castle?

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 11:03:50 PM »
Fair point -- presumably clearing the vines would be a first priority task for the corvee.

I guess Vine-removal would be prefereable over garderobe cleaning.....     8) which DOES bring up another item you might add to the towers

For the Woodies I would guess the wall, for as far as they would exist, probably consist off vines (and brambles.....)
as for the things on the outside of a chaos castle, I guess that we dont REALY want to be in close contact with them

Offline Carrington

« Reply #58 on: March 04, 2010, 01:57:50 AM »

I guess Vine-removal would be prefereable over garderobe cleaning.....     8) which DOES bring up another item you might add to the towers

For the Woodies I would guess the wall, for as far as they would exist, probably consist off vines (and brambles.....)
as for the things on the outside of a chaos castle, I guess that we dont REALY want to be in close contact with them

Heh... yeah, with chaos, the question is whether the vines would start climbing you.

Offline Fluffyheretic

• Lurker
« Reply #59 on: March 06, 2010, 11:45:15 AM »
Just a note to say brilliant work Vincent and really inspiring, as I am now considering a Tomb King army.

Cheers

Dave J