July 18, 2024, 02:23:34 PM

Author Topic: OSJC's Fallen Angels project...  (Read 4776 times)

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
Re: OSJC's Fallen Angels project...
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2022, 07:54:44 AM »
That is a beautiful model mate.

I'm really liking now 'real' the Primaris marines are looking. The old 'first born' marines legs have always bugged me but they seem to have fixed this with the Primaris ones.

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2022, 05:04:32 PM »
Dang you got mad skills............................

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2022, 10:12:46 AM »
thanks guys.

yup, its true that the primaris scale and proportions have knocked the firstborn into a cocked hat as of late.
the new beakies have shown that gw has learnt quite a bit by doing primaris and have used such knowlege well on the newest kits but the scale really is all over the place these days...

anyway, its been far too hot to sensibly paint this weekend so as such I figured I'd share the WIP of a base for an upcoming fallen mini for now:

as you can see I've elected to cast and mold some parts of the classic 90's gothic ruins kits in greenstuff.
works rather well and should look great when painted.
FYI, the red parts are just where the marine's feet are going...

Also, whats with all the hacks around here lately? the forum was down for a few days and since its been back up has had shit-posts and bot crap all over it... anything we can do (as forum users, I mean) to help stop this?
« Last Edit: August 14, 2022, 10:14:31 AM by osjclatchford »
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2022, 09:20:40 PM »
Nothing really to do.

Cybershadow needed to do a backup. After that the spam block was down but it is back under control.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2022, 03:20:08 PM »
good to know, thats for sure...

Offline CyberShadow

• Administrator
  • Swarm Tyrant
    • Loc: Singapore
    • CyberShadows Hobby Blog
« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2022, 03:13:34 AM »
Yeah, sorry for that. A swarm made it through but are being removed daily and things are back down to manageable levels again now.
My blog: http://www.cybershadow.ninja
The Tactical Wargames Network: www.tacticalwargames.net

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2022, 05:38:32 PM »
Behold;

'the supplicant'...

'The supplicant' has been cybernetically altered so that his burden, of glorious purpose, is lessened to some extent.
carrying a genuine piece of the ruins of caliban, the supplicant ensures that wherever they may find themselves, the band of fallen will aways have some ruins to lament over...

converted from the grimaldus cenobyte servitor, this has had a headswap from the deathwing knights sprue, to add not only a hooded cowl but one that extenuates the stooped position somewhat.
also included is the darkangels symbol tot he back of the pillar and a purit seal to hide a join on the head/neck area...

the sculpt is an excellent reinterpritaion of the metal original (which I too used for my eclesiarchy models of old) adding more life and depth to the idea. very nice but built in a way that makes subassemblies almost impossible. As i also intended the headswap I instead built it all then painted it. a bit of a pigger this way but it still came out ok.
In truth, as its been awhile, I'd forgotton the exact method I've already done the other's robes in and this one came out a little greyer than the others. but, meh, its done now...

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2022, 08:21:04 PM »
more to whet your appetite, here is the next (possibly final) member of the Fallen party:

Uthor...
clad in ancient MKIII armour, Uthor is a no-nonsence warrior.
His seething contempt for his former Darkangel brethren is matched only by his fervor in battle...

yup, a truescale Mk3 that was simply achived using cataphractii legs and a mk3 torso, backpack and arms.
The pads are from the DA sprue and the helm is greyknights because of the ties to the hh knightly theme and the fact that I'm simply not a huge fan of the mk3 paint-kettle helms... LOL
The bolter is a tigrus but with an umbra mag slapped were the forgrip is. I put the magrelease there too and positioned the trigger/grip further down thegun to emulate the RT boltguns (much as I did in my space-shark project).
The supporting hand is from the heavy intercessor kit and is the "pew-pew" looking 'go!' pose which I simply found absurd, yet ideal here to show that this guy is such a badass that he only needs his index and middle finger to hold up a gun that would have a guardsmen heaving with the effort!
His kit and that, is the usual HH holstered boltpistol, some catachan pockets around the 'belt' area (helps to hide the join some) and a section of pennant from the old ravenwing sprue, it helps enforce the darkangel theme further as, to be honest, aside the pad and the pennant stuff he could be any chapter really...
the base was the one I showed you before but now littered with the excellent candles from anvil. they really are great and well worth getting hold of If you can...

more once he's painted!