July 25, 2024, 11:22:08 PM

Author Topic: the ships of BFG armada 2  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Hellebore

• Lurker
the ships of BFG armada 2
« on: November 07, 2019, 10:31:25 PM »
Hi everyone, it's been a while.

I've been looking at BFG again, as my favourite 40k game.

The new computer game has different ships in it - especially for the craftworlds. (Also, I came up with a Phoenix battleship 10 years ago hehe..... >_>). Have people incorporated these into their games, ignored them, or count them as something else?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 12:07:15 PM by Hellebore »

Offline Lotus

• Loc: germany
Re: the ships of BFG armada 2
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2019, 12:43:22 AM »
Ähm...no. There is no new craftworld ship in BFG Armada II.

You can build the same Wraithships and the same Dragonships (you just have to choose the weapons).

In fact, the Tabletop has more Craftworld ships (50% of the Weaopon Layouts have a Ghostship Variant).

And there are already rules for many Craftworld Ships that are not present in BFG Armada II (Wraithscorpion, Ghosthunter/Warphunter, Specter/Banshee, Naiad, Void Dragon, Phoenix, Stellar Phoenix....).

To your Question: Yes, i have incorporated the Craftworld Ships from BFG Armada II. Before BFG Armada II was released.  ;D

All you need for doing this is the "Yriels Raiders" document. If you want even more ships you need the "Add-On Eldar VM EN V2.0" document for everything exept the Phoenix - the Rules for the Phoenix are in Warprift 30.

Edit: For the Corsairs: The Kurnous and the Vaul are from BFG Armada I (but are not present in the Tabletop) - and the Solaris from BFG Armada I+II is the Icarus class from "Book of Nemesis".

I think you can buy models on Shapeways in good Quality (could be more easy than finding ships to use for a conversion).
« Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 12:51:55 AM by Lotus »

Offline Hellebore

• Lurker
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2019, 12:01:53 PM »
Hahaha, wow this is pretty funny.

I wrote that entry for the Phoenix in warp rift and completely forgot about it. It has been 9 years...

Ive been out of the game for a while - not long after that article actually.

I'd seen armada 2 with its new names and thought it had added some things. But you're right in that they're just weapon load outs.

Ha, I can't believe rules I wrote 10 years ago are still in circulation.

I'm getting back into BFG by 3d printing at home. I can actually print up a version of the Phoenix.

Offline Lotus

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2019, 05:10:52 PM »
I have seen the "writen by Hellebore" in the Article and was wondering for a short moment if there could be some connection. Then i thought.....nah, he would have mentioned that.

I am honored.

You left a permanent imprint - your phoenix class inspired the stellar phoenix class from BFG:Fr. So there is a chance that even people who have never seen the warprift article are influenced by your work.

Keep us informed about your printing progress, as far as i know the phoenix class is not buyable on shapeways.

Offline Hellebore

• Lurker
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2019, 09:59:30 PM »
Yeah, it's funny because I remember writing it only after seeing it again. It was during a tumultuous time in my professional career so it kind of slipped away...

I'm not sure if they actually used it as the basis for the armada vessel - my concept was to explain where corsairs coudl get the resources to build a battleship while also giving the craftworlds a powerful battleship for their limited Fleet.

I never liked how little support flyers that weren't chaos or Imperial got.

Giving them cool powerful weapon options (like a nova cannon) was also in this spirit.

Armada made it a battlecruiser rather than a battleship so I'm unsure how connected they are.

My plan for printing is actually to do some 3d kitbashing with the available models from thingiverse and print out a model that looks like the one I originally designed 10 years ago (I've still got the prototype and drawing around somewhere).

I had basically combined the voidstalker with the flame of asuryan in terms of aesthetics.

Offline Hellebore

• Lurker
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2019, 10:14:28 AM »
Well I decided to build a phoenix battleship out of models I found on thingiverse

Offline Hellebore

• Lurker
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2019, 08:59:08 PM »
Printed my first prototype with a custom sail I designed.

Will probably need to print it smaller for games, but happy with how it turned out.

Offline Lotus

« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2019, 06:00:39 PM »
Awesome work there. Are you planning to sell these via shapeways in BFG BB size?