October 01, 2024, 08:14:19 AM

Author Topic: [WM] Tzeentch Horde  (Read 9429 times)

Offline marell le fou

Re: [WM] Tzeentch Horde
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2018, 10:51:26 PM »
A big WOOOW !!

The choir is wonderfull. Absolutely wonderfull. Both well imagined and well realised. The idea of a daemon with a clavecin is excellent.

One of the best idea and conversion i have seen so far, really.

And you have used the 28mm beits of the book very well !

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
« Reply #16 on: March 28, 2018, 07:05:21 PM »
Thanks Marell. I think the next unit will be a random bunch of pinkies, finish 2nd changer unit and get started painting cavalry.  In no particular order. There's nothing settling in the mind regarding the flyers or chariots so they'll have to await a decision. I bought some scibor shields to use as discs or chariot bodies but need to do a few trials.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #17 on: March 28, 2018, 10:58:39 PM »
A unit of warriors on discs would be wonderfull. Or carring flying chariots.

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 04:13:51 PM »
5 units of infantry in. Undecided as to how many hordes I'm going to go with. 6 core sounds plenty. I'll probably do up one more Tzeentch unit.

I've managed to buy up a decent number of metal Nurglings but some have enamel paint which is proving to be beyond the white spirit. I might need something a bit more stringent. Caustic soda should kick it.

I'm short some decent wings for my overlord. The reaper Bones Deva looks OK but not sure what size it is. If anyone has an idea then please let me know.

I should note that I'm happy with the MM  demons I got in. Vulture demons and the slaaneshish ones are good. Plague ones I haven't painted up yet. Only 2 variants of the vulture and plague ones though which isn't  ideal but they helped me out with this lot.  Enough rambling,  show us some pictures you hippy.

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2018, 04:26:26 PM »
Could you post photos of the vulture demons please? There are none on the MM website.

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2018, 10:23:03 PM »
I'll see if I've got a couple left over but here's a link
http://www.10mm-wargaming.com/2017/11/new-10mm-fantasy-demons-from-magister.html

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2018, 10:38:51 PM »
Thanks  :D

Difficult to make out exactly what they look like without a wash or some paint on them but clear enough nonetheless I reckon.

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2018, 04:19:56 PM »
Not great photos but youll get more of an idea.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 10:30:07 PM »
I'm really impressed by the aspect of the 5 units you have. All the figs are different, ant it really gives an impression of mad pack.

Best daemon army i've seen so far, clearly.

« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2018, 12:03:12 AM »
Note: Dettol has some poke. 3 days and a gentle rub with my old toothbrush and Bob's your Aunties live in lover.

Cavalry: done 3 units but 2 more in the pipeline. Didn't originally intend making that many but I decided to mix in a few of the blue horrors/ sparkles of ignorance and ended up with loads. I'm hoping to get some photos done tomorrow.

Still no bright ideas on the flyers or chariots. It'll come eventually...

« Reply #25 on: June 03, 2018, 02:15:28 PM »
Demonic Cav. Not 100% complete as yet. There's a few bits need painted and a couple of fixes before sealer and basing.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 02:21:28 PM by industrialtrousers »

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #26 on: June 03, 2018, 09:48:31 PM »
You... You did sculpt three units of those cavalry ?! This is awesome again.

Did you use bits or is everything sculpted ? Some parts seem of different origin.

« Reply #27 on: June 03, 2018, 10:25:38 PM »
There's some blue horrors in there, also some titan forge sparkles of ignorance, bits from various tzeentch kits for banners and shields are Scibor goblin shields. Some of the mounts heads I've made but most are tzaangor heads. It's probably roughly 50/50. Heads are tough at 10mm. Haven't really developed a technique I'm happy with yet for them. The answer may lie in blending putties. Also been trying to work on making my bits less static for the next two.

Offline Apocolocyntosis

« Reply #28 on: June 04, 2018, 08:53:34 AM »
wonderful and creative

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 10:43:05 PM »
Clearly, i do LOVE this creating process. I think i have approx the same, but not for WM figurines. More for vehicules (Grail relicary, etc), monsters or sceneries.

Characters are still too small for me and i'm not sure i will manage to sculpt some one day or the other.

Anyway, i'm always in hunt for interesting bits. I thought of some first time i saw your cavalry units. It's the Skyfires discs supports. Could help for supporting a sorcerer or the two beasts on the third could go with a chariot, etc.

https://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/tz-enlightenedskyfire-disk-stand-a-p-14954.html

https://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/tz-enlightenedskyfire-disk-stand-b-p-14953.html

https://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/tz-enlightenedskyfire-disk-stand-c-p-14952.html