October 01, 2024, 08:17:04 AM

Author Topic: [WM] Tzeentch Horde  (Read 9431 times)

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
[WM] Tzeentch Horde
« on: February 10, 2018, 11:47:13 AM »
I've had this project on the back burner for a fair while but managed to get it underway.

Tzeentch demon army. I've had no joy finding the GW models at a price I'm willing to pay so it's out with the old green stuff.

Here's a few works in progress.

Re: [WM] Tzeentch Horde
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2018, 11:52:44 AM »
Some demons
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:54:59 AM by industrialtrousers »

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2018, 11:56:03 AM »
Demonic choir in progress and start of overlords - just need a few bits/arms and probably wings.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 11:58:04 AM by industrialtrousers »

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2018, 12:21:44 PM »
I have a few of the new Magister demons and some Laran light infantry on order to bulk things out a bit as I'll never get the project finished making them all myself. The MM Look like they'll fit the bill (the act is really coming along) but not a great deal out there for 10mm demons. The light infantry painted with red/purple washed white skin and gold or silver/blue armour will be demonic enough I hope. Might need to add on another few arms..

I've got a bunch more of the tzaangor heads which will become flyers or cavalry. I want to have chariots, cavalry and flyers just not sure what would be easiest here. I think the cavalry I will probably be put on steeds of some description. The epic screamers would be the best flyers but don't got none and pricey. Chariots, probably use discs with ideally flyers hauling them but I haven't come up with a decent template for the yet.

Swarms- haven't really crossed that bridge, either Microworld or just use brimstone horrors if shipping and customs scare me off. Any other ideas here folks.

I've got 3 metal horrors which can be beasts if I need them.

Titan forge sparkles of ignorance might join the fray but they're marginally bigger than I'd like but pretty dam sexy
http://titan-forge.com/daemonic-kingdom-sci-fi/40-sparkles-of-ignorance

I'm probably going to darksphere in town next week with the view to getting washes and paints. The blue horrors are tempting as I need some "bits" and may as well buy a box of these and tzaangors as the shields would help my chariots and I'm thinking if I cut out the body and attach the head to legs with green stuff then that could sort out some of the cavalry. The loin cloth bits could be decent standards if I can get them off in one bit.

Big old post for a two finger typist. If there's models you think might be suitable then please let me know.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 12:25:03 PM by industrialtrousers »

Offline Aquahog

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2018, 03:56:20 PM »
Great ideas. Only wish I had more to contribute. Perhaps Onslaught Miniatures' Hellborn could be a different source for swarms? Available through Vanguard Miniatures in the UK.

Offline dry_erase

• Loc: London
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2018, 03:14:54 PM »
Fantastic stuff! I always enjoy your sculpts... properly chaotic as ever.

We really should arrange a game soon.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2018, 10:07:39 PM »
Fantastic stuff, really...

About those chariots, maybe you could use the shields to make them floatable chariots. I mean no wheels. Don't really know if that is already what you planned to do...

But tzeentch chariots should not have wheels, i think.

Where does the small character on the last picture come from ? I have seen it somewhere... Familiar in the AoS range or something ?

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2018, 10:59:13 PM »
Thanks for encouragement all. Let's see how plans go.

Marell - I believe it's from the silver tower kit, and yes, a familiar. There used to be some photos on here of Dave's chariots which used screamers but they've disappeared in the great Photoshop rodgering of 2017.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 01:08:56 PM by industrialtrousers »

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2018, 09:36:05 PM »
Chariots with Screamers would be awesome, but it would cost an arm... Or you could try to mold them, maybe.

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 10:32:03 AM »
There's been a fair bit of progress on the modelling a couple of orders have come in. This bunch were based off the changer of ways model. The cavalry have come on well and I'm about a unit in. I'll post up some pics this week.

The MM demons are good sculpts. I got 3/4 designs as the big headed blokes just didn't feel right. The vulture demons are a definite starter and the tester I've painted up looks very much the part. Laran miniatures order came through Friday so I'm going to paint up a light blue and pink skin version. These will be used to bulk out units and as charioteers.

I`ve ordered some of the sparkles of ignorance from Wayland but they might be a while by the look of it.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 10:40:20 AM by industrialtrousers »

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 09:55:35 PM »
Wow, excellent.

Maybe a general "thin" aspect when you will put them all on a WM base, but... Naaah it's ok. They will do the job.

They make me think of the skekses ;)

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2018, 10:58:41 PM »
It's been steady rather than sporadic but only very slowly. That said I needed to do a few to see what sort of units I wanted to go with.

Here's the first of probably 2 changling style units. They're quick to make these ones, well, comparatively.

There's a couple of the new MM vulture demons in there as well as one of the slaanesh style ones but the rest are my own. Some not quite as good as the others but on the whole they look the part.

The next unit I want to complete is the demonic choir which is 1/3 stands in at the moment.

There's a couple of cavalry units need painting shortly as well.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 11:07:15 PM by industrialtrousers »

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2018, 11:11:47 PM »
Windmill I made a while back still needs basing and foliage

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 09:47:10 PM »
Both your slaaneshii and your windmill are great.

The slaaneshii particularily fitt the fluff. Good job, really.

« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2018, 06:14:08 PM »
Very happy with the demonic choir. Need another highlight and basing.