September 02, 2024, 10:19:33 AM

Author Topic: Greetings from New Zealand  (Read 1501 times)

Offline Swiwi

• Lurker
    • Loc: New Zealand
Greetings from New Zealand
« on: January 27, 2018, 02:46:08 AM »
Hi there everyone. I have been a big fan of Battle Fleet gothic for sometime now, but struggled to find people to play against. So imagine my surprise and joy when some of my friends who play 40k started talking about playing BFG games.

Needless to say im dusting off my old fleets (Imperial and Chaos), and hope to have a couple of games started soon.
I might need some advice on some easy fun lists for my friends and I to learn/relearn the rules with. Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Swiwi

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
Re: Greetings from New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 08:13:35 AM »
Welcome boss.
I'm not much for the BFG but have a trawl around the boards and you'll find a whole bunch of info.

Offline Enceladus

• Lurker
    • Loc: Sydney
Re: Greetings from New Zealand
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 04:22:31 AM »
I'm assuming you are the only one with ships you'll all be using? What do you have to use in each fleet?

A fun way to get started might be to play a simple Cruiser Clash scenario, but dividing your players into 2 teams and giving everyone control of one cruiser each. Each player in a team moves, fires etc. in the same phase, but victory points / win conditions go for the team as a whole. It might be a fun way to introduce everyone to the game, learn the rules, and get a feel for how each ship plays all at the same time.

From there, you can branch into more complex scenarios, or if you have enough ships to share, perhaps look at starting a small campaign?

Hope that helps.