October 02, 2024, 01:22:10 AM

Author Topic: [WM][FW] Orc Village  (Read 9800 times)

Offline Geep

Re: [WM][FW] Orc Village
« Reply #30 on: July 18, 2018, 06:00:01 AM »
I'm looking forward to these.
I think most of the images are from Warhammer Online- I brought the art book, great for inspiration, a shame the game itself was kind of dull and fizzled.

I really like the over-filled boar pen. You can see why they'd be grumpy pigs...

My own painting tends to be a lot darker- probably too dark. Your colours are much better at providing contrast.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #31 on: July 18, 2018, 06:06:23 AM »
I violence myself to use lighter tones than i did, those last years.

I have found that i appreciated more light tones than dark ones. Especially on small figs. Better reading of the figs...

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #32 on: July 24, 2018, 03:25:53 AM »
Work advanced last saturday.

Here is the advanced technology goblin windmill "rotaysheun tùl".

And i have continued to work on GS addition here and there. And i have dig a furrow to add the beams to support the vertical construction.

And here is the windmill, more or less completed.

And i have selected a polarfox catapult to add a big weapon to my workshop.

I want a very precary construction for it. Sort of thing you must not shoot if you want to survive...

It's not finished, yet. I would like to give it a more fragile aspect. Working on it...

Offline adamsg01

• Loc: Australia
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2018, 12:20:40 PM »
amazing stuff there marell - any more updates please?

Love to see you you try doing up some high elf architecture in greenstuff?

cheers
G.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2018, 11:37:54 PM »
Thanks, Adams :)

Here is a new advance.

I have continued to work on houses destined to go on the dwarf pilars of the conquished citadel.

Here you can see a round house (don't know yet how i will use it). And thein painting of the windmill and of one of the vertical house.

The other vertical house has been extensed.

Probably this extension will harbour a balista or something. At worst, orcs on foot defending the whole thing. Of course, this is not very flat and well made.

I have changed the base of the cata to look more fragile. I have cut one of the longest piece and added a "reparation". It looks even less serious now.

But it's not very visible on those pictures...

Gluing of the windmill.

Painting of the defenses that lead to the shaman hutt.

Painting on the floating stone, but not very visible.

A point, to see how it generaly goes.

Finalisatoin of the first house. Well, the roof is not completly terminated but i have old it like i usually do after that.

« Last Edit: August 09, 2018, 11:27:33 PM by marell le fou »

Offline schwager

• The Art of Schwager
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2018, 07:30:07 AM »
This is so incredibly awesome!  :D
Love your work. All the detail is just amazing.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2018, 10:07:30 PM »
Thanks ! I'm the sort of guy who give importance to details ;)

Here is the following.

Work on the a vertical house.

Fixing the shaman hutt.

The most complicated thing was to put it vertical and to cancel the round shape of the green stuff on the bottom of each pilar.

Painting the workshop catapult...

Addition of a flat roof for the house.

Minor painting details on the workshop roof.

And... The spark of life with flocage and vegetation :)

Addition of the small bridge of rope from first floor to the windmill.

It will look like that when the windmill will have its blade.

And vegetation.

Offline Apocolocyntosis

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2018, 10:52:46 AM »
wonderfully creative and detailed

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #38 on: August 20, 2018, 11:03:31 AM »
Stunning work!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #39 on: August 20, 2018, 11:12:19 PM »
Thanks guys ! Here is the following step.

I have just set up the dwarven pilars and sticked the houses on them. Apologies for the bad pictures, it was sunset just before going to work.

The scale is right to me. Massiv, huge, giant pilars, with colonisation of the orcs.

Reliefs on the pilars can be a problem. I had not thought of that... I will have to position the orc elements apart from them.

I hope for 6 pilars or 8 if possible.

And everywhere, orc houses, passages, bridges, defenses, etc. And cages suspending.

And if wanted, we can even go this way, for even more gigantism.

This house is strange. I will probably add someting under it.

And here we are with an idea of what i could be with the village on the base of the pilar.

I have printed a celtic knot to see what was possible but well... Not perfect. Not large enough.

Offline Geep

« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2018, 10:42:29 AM »
This should look great. I think you may need a base of multiple pillars to have any meaningful link between them- though that can then create problems with being able to get your hand in and move stands during a game.
I prefer your two pillar idea- the added height is worth it.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2018, 09:30:35 PM »
Agreed on the two pillars. If i can, i will have some more printed.

I think i will have 6 of them, and maybe 8 within time. It should be able to either present an alley of pilars, or dispatch them regularily on the table to give the impression of a giant room with pilars.

I will probably work on two pilars linked by orc fortifications and bridges. No more than that. As you say, i must not risk the sceneris with our move when deplacing figs.

Here is the step after.

So, now, i must make a technical choice : how to stick the houses and further elements on pilars ?

I think i will remove the bottom of the pilars. They are completly closed. And then i will be able to place magnets here and there.

I could use a rod but i should drill the pilars and i would like to avoid. And above that, in case of shock on an alement, a rod would either break or the element woudl break. While with a magnet, there is a chance the element just fall.

And the new advances...

My bits have arrived ! Cages from crawlock the jailor are just perfect for me. A good strange old style. Looking very orcish in conception. Maybe a little bit small but... naaah, it's ok. I will modify them here and there and it will be good.

Even when assembled, they are not closed. It's pefect, for i will be able to make them a little bit taller if needed.

I will cut the locker that are turned in the sens i don't want. They will be oriented like this. Well, at least one of them.

And here we are with the goblin that end the windmill blades. He is carrying two wood planks in order to help creating more surface. The goblin chief told him he should just hold them like that. Did not precised it was for ever. After 8 hours, his arms began to hurt... :)

Added an orc emblema i had worked on to the workshop entrance. I did not know what to do with it. But it's ok like that :)

Small scratch on the rectangulare cage...

And here is the round one. I have turned the lockers down. They are a little bit tall for our scale but well, the main thing is that they give an idea of "orc locking". The fact that they are suspended is the best security against evasion.

They don't really have bottoms... It must be very penible for prisonners, to try not to fall !

And i have finished the basing of the shaman hutt :)

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
« Reply #42 on: September 07, 2018, 06:38:01 AM »
That's a stunning collection of buildings. Well done Marell.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2018, 10:22:26 PM »
Thanks ! New comment, no post... So, after that i have began to work on my pilars. I mean the orcish stuff added to them by the green skins.

This footbridge is magnetised in order to be able to orchish the dwarven pilars or not. Following my needs of a dwarf or orc table.

It's a lonwg work to cut and glue plank by plank...

But i like the appearance of this first test.

I will have to do several like that. And also rope bridges to link the pilars in the air.

I have opened with my dremel one of the pilars and began to remove the inner grid of the printer.

Preparing the roof of the big house that will go on a pilar corner.

Magnetising my houses...

And i have added the last object of my windmill blade : a gobelin hanging on planks (to ass surface for the wind).

A small checkup of the day work.

Painting of the flag and propeller.

Added some black paint to my exploded house that was not visible enough (but it did not do big difference).

And ths Windmill is complete.

A new terminated building !

Well, ok, characters ar still missing but well... The building itself is complete.

Final painting test on the orc footbridge.

And it was time to call it a good day of work :)

Offline Geep

« Reply #44 on: September 10, 2018, 12:47:58 PM »
Great stuff, as usual.
Personally I'd be concerned that the magnetised houses and bridges may be too weak when not on the pillar- storage could be an issue.