September 03, 2024, 10:19:45 AM

Author Topic: Base Sizes/Standards for Ordinance/Small Craft?  (Read 2194 times)

Offline MetalCoreKnight

• Loc: Canada
Base Sizes/Standards for Ordinance/Small Craft?
« on: October 28, 2017, 01:37:42 PM »
So I've been working on a Grey Knight Fleet and recently got in an assortment of small craft, about 150 of the little buggers but having never actually had the chance to play the game I never really had a chance to learn to much in depth about it and one of the things that I never came across was how I'm supposed to base things like Small Craft or Ordinance! Like is there a specific size/shape or is it more freeform?

Help a Battle Brother out?

Offline Xca|iber

• *Transcribing Intensifies*
Re: Base Sizes/Standards for Ordinance/Small Craft?
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2017, 06:47:22 PM »
Each Attack Craft squadron should be a 20mm square base.

Torpedoes are a little trickier. In the classic rules, you had different templates for different numbers of torpedoes, IIRC in groupings of 1-6 (and you would simply combine them for larger values). In the FAQ 2010, this was changed so that all torpedoes use the 3-strength torpedo template, with dice to indicate actual strength. Some disagreed with this change, however.

The 3-torpedo template is approximately 24mm x 20mm if memory serves. So an individual torpedo is 8mm wide and 20mm long.
++Ask Not, Fear Not++
-------------------------
BFG:XR - The Battlefleet Gothic Expanded Revised Rules Project

Offline MetalCoreKnight

• Loc: Canada
Re: Base Sizes/Standards for Ordinance/Small Craft?
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2017, 05:37:11 PM »
Ah Thanks for those numbers! This should let me start getting my Small Craft based.........once I figure out how I'll do it.....probably just end up getting some thick styrene.....