October 02, 2024, 07:15:07 PM

Author Topic: Warmaster Beastmen Project  (Read 9723 times)

Offline Gunslinger76

• Loc: New Jersey, USA
Warmaster Beastmen Project
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2017, 03:31:23 AM »
I've also got some pictures of the Centigors and Minotaurs, both from Eureka as well.

Offline Skerrith

• Lurker
    • Loc: Brighton, UK
« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2017, 10:48:54 PM »
Nice! On my to do list.
Better paint some of my existing armies first though...

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
Re: Warmaster Beastmen Project
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2017, 05:53:49 PM »
@Gunslinger76.  Thanks.  Hope your Beastmen project goes well.
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2017, 05:08:20 AM »
I appreciate the support, thanks everyone!

The boar riders came in and I trimmed the riders off. Here's what I ended up with:

I'm pretty happy with how they came out, so this is what I'll most likely be sticking with for the chariots. It's a little extra work trimming the orcs off, and I'll add some green stuff to patch up the boars, but I like the look it achieved.

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2017, 05:16:15 AM »
I'm hoping for a rough public opinion poll. I have the khorne daemon strips and the Eureka Orge beast man. I'm trying to decide which to use for beastherds and which for bestigors. I've got ideas for both sides, but I'm curious for what others think also. Feedback welcome!

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2017, 06:25:55 AM »
What size In The fluff are the herders and beastigors? The 6mm minotaurs from micro world games might fit the bill

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2017, 02:10:56 PM »
What size In The fluff are the herders and beastigors? The 6mm minotaurs from micro world games might fit the bill
I did take a look at those initially.  I think they're going to come up too small though, even for beastherds. Bestigors are supposed to bit bigger, a bit beefier, and hitting a little harder. For me, it comes down to which looks like it'd mess your day up more!  >:D

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2017, 02:58:19 AM »
Did a little kitbash to make some of my leaders. The model on the far left will be my general. The torso is from Magister millistrum's 15 mm Minotaur. The legs and horns are from Eureka's Orge Beastmen leader. The axe head and nose horn are from MM's 22mm minotaurs.

The far right will be my Doombull. It's one of MM's 22mm minotaurs. I added the lower side of the ax head to flesh out the look of a raging extra hulked out Minotaur.

The regular minotaurs and ogre Beastmen are for scale reference.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2017, 01:25:14 PM by Gunslinger76 »

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2017, 10:47:28 PM »
Everything is really nice and great quality. I'm a fan.

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 12:38:48 PM »
Everything is really nice and great quality. I'm a fan.
Thanks Marell! I appreciate the support. I'm going to shelve it until the end of the month as I finish getting ready for Adepticon, but in April and going forward I hope to start basically g and getting paint in these guys.

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2017, 06:19:04 PM »
Not sure how easy they would be to source in the US but take a look at Ral Partha beastmen. Scale is between the Eureka ogre and minotaur. Got some today and very pleased. Ill mix then with ogres for my bestigor units.
http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/blighthaven-15mm-c-119/warbands-c-119_120/bh004-beastmen-raiders-p-2847.html

As you're in the U.S. Blindhorizons' suggestion of Microworld is bang on. I haven't got any of these as the shipping is a bit pricey to go for a small order and if they're not right and I've gone large.... Beastkin brutes look like they might be a starter for herd kin as well.

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #26 on: May 22, 2017, 03:21:18 PM »

Not sure how easy they would be to source in the US but take a look at Ral Partha beastmen. Scale is between the Eureka ogre and minotaur. Got some today and very pleased. Ill mix then with ogres for my bestigor units.
http://www.ralparthaeurope.co.uk/shop/blighthaven-15mm-c-119/warbands-c-119_120/bh004-beastmen-raiders-p-2847.html

As you're in the U.S. Blindhorizons' suggestion of Microworld is bang on. I haven't got any of these as the shipping is a bit pricey to go for a small order and if they're not right and I've gone large.... Beastkin brutes look like they might be a starter for herd kin as well.

Thanks for adding those links! I'll need to look into them a little closer. As of right now, I think I'll be using the old Khorne Daemon Horde for the beastherd, and the Eureka minis for the bestigors. I need to put in an order w Pendraken for the herdkin.

That order from Pendraken should round out the army for now so I'll be able to get painting and basing. Maybe I'll even get motivated enough to join June's ToEP!

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
« Reply #27 on: May 22, 2017, 10:25:44 PM »
Have a look at Magister Militum. I've got some of these and they are at least on par with pendraken and offer some variation.
https://www.magistermilitum.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=FRC104+ACOLYTES+OF+PAN

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2017, 02:47:30 AM »
I went to order some of the Beestmen with Bows from Pendraken and saw they had been rotated out of their online store. Does anyone know their intent to restock or re-release? Alternatively,  I don't suppose anyone has 60 or so of those lying around, do they?

Offline Gunslinger76

« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2017, 05:35:32 PM »
I went to order some of the Beestmen with Bows from Pendraken and saw they had been rotated out of their online store. Does anyone know their intent to restock or re-release? Alternatively,  I don't suppose anyone has 60 or so of those lying around, do they?
Just wanted to give a quick update. I reached out to Pendraken and they gave some outstanding customer service. They did say that the mold was old, but it wasn't too badly worn and they were willing to cast up an order for me. Im excited to get a hold of these to wrap my army up and start getting some paint in it.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk