September 05, 2024, 10:21:17 AM

Author Topic: Looking for info on retired ship classes (HH era stuff)  (Read 1436 times)

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
Looking for info on retired ship classes (HH era stuff)
« on: February 19, 2017, 09:00:04 PM »
Hi everybody,

Been scouring Lexicanum and found a whole bunch of ship classes which were used by the Legions in the past, but Lexicanum itself doesn't mention anything else besides that. Could anybody fill me in with more info (weapon configurations and role/function mainly) on these ships.

The ones I've encountered so far:

* Venom Class Destroyer
* Eclipse Class Light Cruiser
* Gladius Class Light Cruiser
* Bulk Cruiser
* Infernus Class Heavy Cruiser
* Retribution Class Battlecruiser (I'm guessing this is just a mistake and should be a Retribution Battleship?)
* Dictatus Class Battleship
* Infernus Class Battleship
* Lunar Class Battleship (Probably also a mistake since the Lunar is a Cruiser?)

I think the Horus Heresy books by Forge World also include a few specific classes which we haven't seen in the official rules before.

So yeah, any help would be useful!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Jimmy Zimms

• Beshert is Beshert
    • Loc: World Traveler
Re: Looking for info on retired ship classes (HH era stuff)
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 11:42:20 AM »
If you're attempting to source ship information from the BL books you're going to have a bad time. They're not even consistent within the same book on ship displacement/class sometimes! Outside of a throw away line here and there, most of that stuff has nothing written about them and in the rare case you've actually got something, it's often conflicting with known fluff.
As we Imperials say, "The Emperor [class battleship] Protects..."