September 29, 2024, 10:20:41 PM

Author Topic: Haradrim Battalion - 3 Eureka Mumakils but which infantry?  (Read 3702 times)

Offline Joken

• Loc: Milton Keynes, UK
Haradrim Battalion - 3 Eureka Mumakils but which infantry?
« on: December 27, 2016, 08:29:24 PM »
So my darling wife scooped on a boxed BOFA game plus all the metals for a price that confirms her most excellent eBay skills.

I've added with other plastic snatches but the metal sellers, £99 for Elven cavalry, don't take kindly to my £8 offers so I think the next battalion will need to be Haradrim. I think 3 Eureka Mumakils will fill in the channels but I need four infantry regiments so what's the best fit for Haradrim infantry (with BOFA plastic orcs).

Thoughts?

Joken
No easy dice roll too difficult

Offline forbes

• Loc: North West, UK
Re: Haradrim Battalion - 3 Eureka Mumakils but which infantry?
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2016, 09:03:46 PM »
So my darling wife scooped on a boxed BOFA game plus all the metals for a price that confirms her most excellent eBay skills.

Good work!

It depends a bit on how particular you are about scale - the BoFA figures are definitely on the small side of 10mm.

The Tajima figures are very nice, and different - but are big. (and it appears no longer available)

Most other historical Arab figures will probably work - I've used the Magister Militum ones for Araby figures and they certainly have the right sort of turbaned look. But they are pretty chunky.

Pendraken Mongols would be a good fit size wise - but the range has very little infantry.

Offline GuerrierdeRohan

• Lurker
    • Loc: France
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 03:32:11 PM »
Hello,
as regards Haradrim infantry, we have used Old Glory Arabs and Assyrians. But they are big if you want to match original BOFAR figs. You should try some of the Irregulars Arabs, for example.
Best regards,
Guerrier de Rohan

Offline GrumpyOldMan

• Loc: NSW, Australia
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 09:56:23 PM »
Hi

Here is a pic of the Irregular 10mm figures. They are roughly the same height but thinner than other figures:-

Page here http://www.irregularminiatures.co.uk/indexes/10mmindex.htm

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan