September 27, 2024, 12:26:20 PM

Author Topic: looking for a bridge/buildings  (Read 5028 times)

Offline cjbennett22

• Loc: Grand Rapids, Michigan
looking for a bridge/buildings
« on: October 14, 2016, 05:44:01 PM »
who has a perfect stand alone bridge model for warmaster?  25mm interior width to match proper road widths?

I have been using paper and home made terrain and though I like it, there are a few things I wish to upgrade and a bridge is one of them  :)

Any bridges I find do not come with any dimensions and I have no idea if it will actually work for me, thank you!
« Last Edit: October 30, 2016, 02:13:57 AM by cjbennett22 »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: looking for a bridge
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2016, 06:06:52 PM »
http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/warmaster-hovels-bridges.html

After lots of research online, uhming and ahhing and Googling and looking through all sorts of bridges from 6mm to 15mm, these seem to be the best.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2016, 08:02:10 PM »
Those are definetly nice and i found those but with no dimensions i couldnt risk sending them money for something that wouldnt work. The pictures in your blog are perfect!  Any one have anything else. Im purchasing them tonight, if i dont i might never do it.

Offline GrumpyOldMan

• Loc: NSW, Australia
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2016, 10:31:51 PM »
Hi

Pendraken make a wooden bridge:-

From the catalogue - "Wooden bridge, comes in 5 sections (2 ramps / 2 walkways / 1 support) and measures 145mm long and 30mm wide"

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2016, 11:11:05 PM »
The pandraken wooden bridge is probably the coolest as it comes in pieces to really modify for your needs but, alas, it had no measurements either. However, i am now reading through its comments and one gent has announces his displeasure in a 25mm width rather than the 40mm he was looking for. So that would do it for me. I still dont see anything about being pre-painted so im assuming not.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 11:29:29 PM by cjbennett22 »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 12:31:46 AM »
Nothing comes pre painted unless it specifically says so.

I actually got out the tape measure to check for you:

10.9cm in length
2.9cm width total
2.3cm width of road

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 03:27:48 AM »
im thinking on buying 1 of each bridge.  Your picture was worth any measuring.  When they say something is 30mm wide I don't know what that means.  I could safely assume it is the width of the base, the ground entry of the bridge that everyone models in or, the outside dims across the actual bridge.  I really want the inside width dimension of the actual bridge.  If they didn't have any measurements at all but just showed a warmaster unit on the bridge it would tell me if it would work or not.  Plus you have chaos knights crossing it, I'm impartial to the 4/4/4+ knights  :)

Earlier today I actually found the wooden bridge but for some reason I remember reading it was a 25mm scale so for 40k or something.  Looked it up again as it was mentioned above and it is indeed 10mm.

Getting 1 of each I will just have to figure out how best to store them as the 5 piece wooden bridge might be tricky  :)

I have some pre-painted buildings from epsilon coming.  We will see how they end up because I have been drooling over those for a while now and I am giving myself 100 bucks to spend on this stuff to get rid of my paper buildings.  The brumbear buildings are fantastic but they are getting beat up.

I'm good at painting but honestly not as good as I want to be nor do I have the patience for it, I get frustrated too easily so pre-painted stuff is amazing to me.  Ha!

Thank you everyone, you confirmed the 2 bridges I was really hoping for!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #7 on: October 15, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »
I will say that, viz. painting stuff, the bridge was just drybrush drybrush drybrush drybrush for me!

Hand undercoated with Vallejo black, dark grey for bricks, dark brown for the road bit.  Black or brown ink wash on it, then just tonnes of drybrushing!

Offline forbes

• Loc: North West, UK
« Reply #8 on: October 15, 2016, 06:30:16 PM »
The pendraken wooden bridge is 30mm wide, and each of the main sections is 50mm long

Here it is with a 40mm square stand of troops on it

Its super easy to paint

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2016, 09:52:03 PM »
Wow, that's great, definitely something a bit more rustic / primitive looking which would work for improvised bridges in badlands / Lustria / Troll Country.

Offline GrumpyOldMan

• Loc: NSW, Australia
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2016, 10:52:20 PM »
Hi

I have one that I bought in a pet shop as an aquarium decoration very similar to this:-

I generally walk around with a 10mm figure and a 40mm square bit of card to test things out :).

Cheers

GrumpyOldMan

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #11 on: October 16, 2016, 12:46:37 AM »
I do the 25mm wide roads so the bridges will both work great. Having one of each bridge type will work pretty good. I can already see a scenario to capture the bridges. Both armies racing along each side of a river, 50 victory points to control the wooden bridge and 150 victory points to control the stone bridge. :)

Offline cjbennett22

Re: looking for a bridge/buildings
« Reply #12 on: October 30, 2016, 02:28:32 AM »
I just received my buildings in the mail from epsilon in spain.  Not sure if I am just not used to seeing such amazing scenery but these things are breath taking to me and worth every darn penny/pence/euro....anything.  No regret at all.

my only complaint is the packaging.  They all arrived perfectly fine but I don't know how  LOL  2 buildings in a plastic baggy inside a nicely packed box but I don't know how the buildings didn't rub each other down and destroy themselves.  The windmill came to me in 2 pieces and the wind catcher is primed but un painted and I paid for painting and I so far have only a few ideas how to attach it but ill need to pin it with something good and solid.  I'll probably drill into the structure and through the wind catcher and glue a nail/brad inside as an axle.....should look just fine.  does resin take to drilling tiny holes by hand well?  I'm a bit scared it will crack.

I plan on gluing magnet sheets to the bottom and boxing them up sometime next week, I really want these things to stay as beautiful as they are right now.

Offline cjbennett22

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2016, 02:29:12 AM »
and the whole table laid out just for fun.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2016, 05:14:52 PM »
Looking good!