October 01, 2024, 12:23:27 PM

Author Topic: 10mm Ogres coming to kickstarter October 3rd 2016 from Black Gate Miniatures  (Read 45837 times)

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
Fingers crossed by the time you get the artwork sorted it'll be over £2k anyway.

Now there are 3 4 infantry units, 1 cavalry, foot and mounted characters available, you'd like to think a gaming shop somewhere would pledge an amount to get some stock in. Just one shop putting in a decent sized pledge would tip it over £2k and encourage individuals to pledge even more. Everyone wins.

Edit: And now over £2k, so I've increased my pledge to cover a couple of Yeti units.  :)
« Last Edit: June 29, 2017, 03:18:24 PM by andys »

Offline Barry Pittman

• Loc: Chelmsford, UK
Yeti are unlocked!

Update 4:

What can I say but thank you. Three days in and we have unlocked our third stretch goal.

Say hello to the Yeti....

I think Christian really hit the ball out of the park with these guys. A little taller and leaner than their home loving Ogre brothers, these guys will be a welcome addition to any Ogre army.

And what is the next stretch goal?

£2,500 - Savage Kin. Crazy, bestial, insatiable Ogres.

I will update everyone as soon as I have the art ready!

Cheers

Barry

Offline andys

Oh yes, those Yeti look suitably wild and vicious!

I suppose the Savage Kin will not in any way shape or form be Gorger(ou)s  ;)

Congratulations once again Barry, this really is going very well indeed.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Oh man yes, I had forgotten about the possibility of a brutal / wild unit!

I can't believe how well this has gone!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline andys

Looking at the number of backers and the total amount pledged (so far!), I think several people must be buying various infantry units from the previous Kickstarter. Which must go a long way to the funding of this second one.

That works for me, as we get even closer to a full set of units for an Ogre army.

The third phase, assuming Barry has one planned, will be interesting...

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
£2,363, now. I haven't even put my money in yet.  Was planning on one of each "unit".

Offline Barry Pittman

Update 4:

Christian has been working hard, and with only £31 to go to release the Savage Kin, I thought it would be cool to share you were we are up to with them.

I know you are going to love them. I certainly do!

We only have one more stretch goal left for phase 2, the mighty Hill Giant. Then I will have to bring the whole of the phase 3 Kickstarter forwards and include it this phase 2 Kickstarter. Amazing stuff.

Not complaining, just a whole lot of work :)

Cheers

Barry
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:50:25 PM by Barry Pittman »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Blimey!  I would beg you to consider exchanging the Giant with either artillery or hill goblins etc. as there are some really good Giant proxies already available (Copplestone, Polar Fox).

Offline andys

I agree. I've got 5 giants across my various armies, I don't need any more!

Artillery for me please, goblinoid-type figures can be had aplenty already. Magister Militum and Polar Fox as two examples.

Offline Barry Pittman

Update 5:

Unbelievable. 4th Stretch Goal in 4 days!

Wow, things are really moving on now.

After the Yeti yesterday, we now the Savage Kin released. They are available as an add-on for £8 a unit. RRP will be £9 after the Kickstarter finishes.

Next up will be a Hill Giant. The art is in the pipeline, but we are still playing catch up, and the Savage Kin concept art is next to be produced.

So, I will have to use words to describe the Hill Giant. He won't be wearing a bucket on his head and won't be bending the knee in servitude to anyone. This guy is going to look fantastic on the table and will be atleast 32mm to the eye.

Release at £3,000, as an £8 add-on. He will retail at £10 after the Kickstarter.

After this stretch goal, we will be onto the Greenlings!

Cheers

Barry
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 04:50:39 PM by Barry Pittman »

Offline Barry Pittman

I understand your hesitation around giants but I promise, you don't have a giant like the one I am going to produce. This guy is going to be a house.

The Phase 3 Kickstarter was planned to produce the Greenlings and Artillery but things are moving very quickly and we are almost out of things to produce in Phase 2 :)

Finally, I plan on having a whole Ogre range available. That is the goal. People don't want to have to shop around, pay multiple postage charges, deal with different scales from different manufacturers. They just want to order an army, base it, maybe paint it and play :)

Offline andys

The Phase 3 Kickstarter was planned to produce the Greenlings and Artillery but things are moving very quickly and we are almost out of things to produce in Phase 2 :)
That's fine but think of the outlay backers might have to make. Whilst it would be nice to buy an army in one big hit, some people might not be able to afford it. Or be able to justify it to their better half  :o.

Perhaps leaving the Phase 3 units until next year would be helpful? There's also a better chance that in Phase 3 new backers will appear who decide to put extra cash in to buy Phase 1 and 2 units, thus making the Phase 3 goals more easily attained.

Softly, softly, catchee monkey?

Offline Ole

• TTT
    • Loc: Hamburg
I understand your hesitation around giants but I promise, you don't have a giant like the one I am going to produce. This guy is going to be a house.

Finally, I plan on having a whole Ogre range available. That is the goal. People don't want to have to shop around, pay multiple postage charges, deal with different scales from different manufacturers. They just want to order an army, base it, maybe paint it and play :)

Great news, sir. But please make sure he fits onto a 20mm x 40mm base facing the small edge.

But our princess is in another castle!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
I must admit, I would rather have it all sooner rather than later - I won't start painting an army until I know I have all the units available to clean, glue, base, undercoat at the same time!

I don't own any giants (Don't have an O&G army) so I will put money down for this one!  I guess it's a good idea to have figures that all the fit the same aesthetic.

Offline Barry Pittman

Great news, sir. But please make sure he fits onto a 20mm x 40mm base facing the small edge.
Will do :)