October 01, 2024, 04:27:47 PM

Author Topic: 10mm Ogres coming to kickstarter October 3rd 2016 from Black Gate Miniatures  (Read 45855 times)

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
Ogre Mammoth Riders!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackgateminiatures/10mm-fantasy-ogre-miniatures-from-black-gate-minia/posts/1710455

Let me know what you think of them.
In a word:

"GIMMEGIMMEGIMME"  ;)

Man those look good, all extremities crossed this encourages lots more folks to pledge.

What are your plans if we don't get to the next goal Barry, even though it's only £300 away at this point? Individual KS (with lower goals?) to get the Armoured Ogres, Cannoneers and Mammoth riders done?

I find it hard to believe that only 1 person has pledged from France at the moment, I thought the WM community over there was quite active.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Maybe your announcement on the French forum got buried as you did it as a reply to someone else starting it.

Might be a good idea to repost as entirely your own topic?
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Barry Pittman

• Loc: Chelmsford, UK
Ogre Mammoth Riders!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackgateminiatures/10mm-fantasy-ogre-miniatures-from-black-gate-minia/posts/1710455

In a word:

"GIMMEGIMMEGIMME"  ;)

Man those look good, all extremities crossed this encourages lots more folks to pledge.

What are your plans if we don't get to the next goal Barry, even though it's only £300 away at this point? Individual KS (with lower goals?) to get the Armoured Ogres, Cannoneers and Mammoth riders done?

I find it hard to believe that only 1 person has pledged from France at the moment, I thought the WM community over there was quite active.
I am still confident that we will make at least £2,000, given my conversations with Kickstarter veterans. There tends to be a rush of activity at the beginning and the end of the project and a lull in between. In hindsight, maybe a two week deadline would have worked better for this project.

We just need to focus on getting the £270 needed to fund Warriors and Armoured Warriors via the Kickstarter, then I am sure we can get the rest of the range sorted given time using either a second Kickstarter or private funding.

Offline Barry Pittman

Maybe your announcement on the French forum got buried as you did it as a reply to someone else starting it.

Might be a good idea to repost as entirely your own topic?
We have a bit of traction now since the Mammoth Rider release but will start a new thread if it stalls.

Offline andys

Ogre Mammoth Riders!

In a word:

"GIMMEGIMMEGIMME"  ;)

I am still confident that we will make at least £2,000, given my conversations with Kickstarter veterans. There tends to be a rush of activity at the beginning and the end of the project and a lull in between. In hindsight, maybe a two week deadline would have worked better for this project.

We just need to focus on getting the £270 needed to fund Warriors and Armoured Warriors via the Kickstarter, then I am sure we can get the rest of the range sorted given time using either a second Kickstarter or private funding.
If/when it does go over £2k, i'll add another £15 to my pledge. I'd like 8 warriors + 4 armoured warriors, but not 12 basic warriors 😊

Offline Barry Pittman

Armoured Ogre Warriors have unlocked! Fantastic news for anyone wanting a 10mm Ogre army.

To say I am happy is an understatement.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackgateminiatures/10mm-fantasy-ogre-miniatures-from-black-gate-minia/posts/1713016

Offline andys

In that case, "Pledge increased".

Would it be too much to ask for an intermediate goal - the Chieftain figure gets unlocked at £2500?

Offline Tiberius

• Loc: Anaheim, CA
Hooray!  I'm in the same boat as Andy, I'll be increasing my pledge to a Chieftain soon as well.

Offline andys

Barry,

Just a suggestion for the next KS.

Instead of setting a goal for a unit of X figures, why not set goals for individual figures, for example:

Goal 1 - Cannoneer No. 1
Goal 2 - Cannoneer No. 2
Goal 3 - Mammoth Rider No. 1
Goal 4 - Cannoneer No. 3
Goal 5 - Cannoneer No. 4
Goal 6 - Character No. 1
Goal 7 - Mammoth Rider No. 2
Goal 8 - Character No. 2
Goal 9 - Mammoth Rider No. 3
Goal 10 - Character No. 3
Goal 11 - Mounted Character No. 1
etc.

Presumably each goal would be quite low (<£100/figure), so based on the current crop of backers, you'd quickly meet the early goals. Failure to hit higher goals would simply mean units would have fewer numbers of individual figures but, importantly, different unit types could be created to make up an army and you could pick Mammoth Riders for either units or characters.

Based on the artwork, if the Mammoth Riders are pretty much identical below the waist, it could be an easy set of goals to get them released?

Looking at your current pricing, each figure is around a £1 or so, so people would probably be happy to put £30-40 in. With 40 backers, the early goals would be a snip.

I can't help but think that this approach might result in higher backing. Worth a try? We could be certain of then getting both Cannoneer and Mammoth Rider units and at least mounted characters.

Assuming my guess of £1/figure and £100/goal is right, at the current level of backing, we'd have 20 goals unlocked (less Kickstarters cut presumably). Even if you only got half that, almost all of the figures I've mentioned above would be unlocked. Backers then just let you know how many of which figures they want for the amount they've backed. If that makes sense?

Edit: In fact, now that the Armoured guys are unlocked, if you did this much lower level of unlocking for individual figures now, I'd almost certainly chuck in enough extra cash for up to 4 units of Cannoneers if two or more individual figures got unlocked, probably more if Mammoth Riders were in the picture.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 08:25:44 PM by andys »

Offline Grumbledook

• Loc: Uk
    • It's a hobby, not an addiction
If it's any help I've put a link on my blog. Hey, "no such thing as bad publicity" as they say!

Hope the pledges keep rolling in.

Offline Barry Pittman

In that case, "Pledge increased".

Would it be too much to ask for an intermediate goal - the Chieftain figure gets unlocked at £2500?
I have reworked the Stretch Goals. They are now split.

£2,500 - Cannoneers
£3,000 - Ogre Chieftain
£3,500 - Mammoth Riders
£4,000 - Character Mammoth Riders

I am also going to put an add-on price of £3 on the Ogre Chieftain for people not getting it free on the £60+ pledge but still wanting a one.

Hope this helps keep things moving along.

Offline Barry Pittman

If it's any help I've put a link on my blog. Hey, "no such thing as bad publicity" as they say!

Hope the pledges keep rolling in.
Thank you  :)

Offline andys

I have reworked the Stretch Goals. They are now split.

£2,500 - Cannoneers
£3,000 - Ogre Chieftain
£3,500 - Mammoth Riders
£4,000 - Character Mammoth Riders

I am also going to put an add-on price of £3 on the Ogre Chieftain for people not getting it free on the £60+ pledge but still wanting a one.

Hope this helps keep things moving along.
This site needs a "like" button  :)

Offline Ole

• TTT
    • Loc: Hamburg
Hi Barry,

about the Mammoth Riders. Are you planning to bring one miniature per 20*40mm base?

Cheers

Ole

But our princess is in another castle!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Blimey, I go away for a day or two and it leaps up £600!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/