October 01, 2024, 12:21:50 PM

Author Topic: 10mm Ogres coming to kickstarter October 3rd 2016 from Black Gate Miniatures  (Read 45831 times)

Offline Barry Pittman

• Loc: Chelmsford, UK
The Evil Men KS got just over £2600 and 58 backers for a reasonably comprehensive range. I suspect this KS might not hit £3k but should easily reach £2k. Fingers crossed I'm hopelessly wrong!

Come on guys, get pledging!
I have a few things planned for wk2 including add-ons of custom dice and cheap base packs and also Christian Schwager is working on some Mammoth Rider concept art for me.

Offline Dave

• Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
I usually just write the message in English and post it along with a google translate French version in the same post. If anyone was offended they didn't say anything on the thread.

Offline Aquahog

I'm certain marell wouldn't be offended if you asked him for a little help. :)

Offline Barry Pittman

Posted up. Needs to get some pictures on there later. 

http://warmaster-fr.niceboard.com/t3152-encore-des-ogres#42266

Thanks for your help chaps.

Offline Ole

• TTT
    • Loc: Hamburg
Congrats for hitting the target!

But the real party starts at 3000 I guess.

Ole

But our princess is in another castle!

Offline marell le fou

Don't hesitate to post in english on our forum, it's not a big problem as long as it's for the WM cause ;)

Offline Barry Pittman

Don't hesitate to post in english on our forum, it's not a big problem as long as it's for the WM cause ;)

Offline Barry Pittman

So week 1 is in the books and we managed to get to over 150% funded. This mean we are well on the way to getting those Armoured Ogre Warriors unlocked at £2,000.

We have received a lot of positive press from all over the gaming community and that, together with the collective push from our backers, has created a good vibe around the project.

Meanwhile, I have given in to demands for a higher pledge level and created the "King of the North" pledge level. For £90 you will get twelve units and a pair of exclusive Black Gate D6's as a special thank you. They will be in Gemini Black/Red with Gold, for those who know the Chessex range.

Next we have two new Add-Ons, both available now.

Black Gate D6's at £1 each or £10 for twelve in either Ivory or White.
    40x20mm basing packs. Laser cut 2mm MDF in packs of 50 for £3.

Finally, I have some exciting stuff planned for later this week including the concept art for the Mammoth Riders from Christian. So keep spreading the word please.

Ogres forever!

Barry

Offline Lex

• Global Moderator
  • I wonder...
    • Loc: Bergen op Zoom, Netherlands
    • Warmuster . BitzBox
Good work Barry !

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
I note that the warriors and armoured guys comprise 9 individual sculpts, whereas the cannoneers are only 4 sculpts.

Whilst freely admitting I know nothing about the economics of the cost of an individual sculpt, it seems to me that if the number  of sculpts at the first two goal levels were reduced, the actual cost and thus goal level for those two might also be reduced?

So if the first two units only had, say, 5 or 6 individual sculpts, might we now have the armoured guys funded and be well on the way to the cannoneers and the chieftain? I'm sure no one would object to repeated figures in a unit, we tend to have that from most manufacturers already. Just a thought.

Offline Barry Pittman

Offline Barry Pittman

I note that the warriors and armoured guys comprise 9 individual sculpts, whereas the cannoneers are only 4 sculpts.

Whilst freely admitting I know nothing about the economics of the cost of an individual sculpt, it seems to me that if the number of sculpts at the first two goal levels were reduced, the actual cost and thus goal level for those two might also be reduced?

So if the first two units only had, say, 5 or 6 individual sculpts, might we now have the armoured guys funded and be well on the way to the cannoneers and the chieftain? I'm sure no one would object to repeated figures in a unit, we tend to have that from most manufacturers already. Just a thought.
Thanks for the feedback.

It is very true that the vast majority of the costs for the Warriors and Armoured Warriors is in the sculpting and yes, if we only did 6 sculpts per unit we would have funded them by now. However, they are the backbone of the army and I feel they need to look good. At 10mm, and 8-10 to a base, repeated miniatures are not a problem but at 18mm and 3 to a base they will stand out a lot more.

I have had to compromise on the Cannoneers and some of the other later Stretch Goals because they just won't sell in big enough quantities to cover their costs. People may want a unit or two of them but usually no more than that. So they have fewer sculpts per unit to make them viable. They will still look good though :)

Offline Grumbledook

• Loc: Uk
    • It's a hobby, not an addiction
Arrived at this party a little late, a recent binge of the podcasts brought it the campaign to my attention! Love the sculpts Barry, and painted up they look fabulous. I'll defiantly be checking out the pledges this evening.

I wish you every success with the kickstarter and hope you get to unlock all those very exciting extras.

Oh, and I'm really enjoying your podcasts so thanks for putting all that time into those episodes.

Offline andys

• Loc: UK

Whilst freely admitting I know nothing about the economics of the cost of an individual sculpt, it seems to me that if the number of sculpts at the first two goal levels were reduced, the actual cost and thus goal level for those two might also be reduced?

Thanks for the feedback.

It is very true that the vast majority of the costs for the Warriors and Armoured Warriors is in the sculpting and yes, if we only did 6 sculpts per unit we would have funded them by now. However, they are the backbone of the army and I feel they need to look good. At 10mm, and 8-10 to a base, repeated miniatures are not a problem but at 18mm and 3 to a base they will stand out a lot more.

I have had to compromise on the Cannoneers and some of the other later Stretch Goals because they just won't sell in big enough quantities to cover their costs. People may want a unit or two of them but usually no more than that. So they have fewer sculpts per unit to make them viable. They will still look good though :)
No problem, it's your project when all is said and done.

I just thought that, for example, the warrior with the top knot and the 2 spiked club (?) could be customised by users by either cutting off his top knot and/or one of the spikes on the club to increase the variety of what would otherwise be two (or three) identical figures. I don't know if similar simple customisation could be done to any of the other figures.

Getting close to £2k now, fingers crossed we get as far as £3k  :D
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:44:13 PM by andys »

Offline Barry Pittman