October 01, 2024, 02:26:30 PM

Author Topic: 10mm Ogres coming to kickstarter October 3rd 2016 from Black Gate Miniatures  (Read 45847 times)

Offline Barry Pittman

• Loc: Chelmsford, UK

Offline Ole

• TTT
    • Loc: Hamburg
Well done!

Thank you sir!

But our princess is in another castle!

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
Congratulations Barry, "Well done that man"  :D

Although I was getting a bit worried towards the end, with some people dropping out and changing their pledges!

Obvious question - when is the next Kickstarter? "Tomorrow" would be good, with low goal levels, so we can get the characters and mammoth riders done. No pressure  ;) :D

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Yes I'd happily pledge chieftain level, again, to get command, artillery, small monster riders, big monster rider.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Barry Pittman

Thank you for your comments.

I will admit, the last week was quite stressful, with 11 pledges being cancelled for more than £700! We seemed to be on the verge of £3000 and then barely over £2500 in just a few hours.

Lessons have been learnt.

I plan to put all the money raised into delivering the pledges (minimum 18 more sculpts, master moulds, production moulds and the Pewter to cast them all up) and then what's left will be spent on expanding the range. I won't be making a penny on this  :) Hopefully, some time in the future, I will make some money from this project but not at this stage.

Give me a few weeks to thrash things out and then I will set out my plans.

Offline Tiberius

• Loc: Anaheim, CA
Good Luck!  Thanks for putting all this effort into it.  You are doing a great service for us!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Thanks, Barry, that often seems to be the case with these things.  We are, alas, a niche within a niche. :-X

Offline Barry Pittman

We have reached an important milestone in the journey.

All 22 miniatures for phase 1 have been sculpted. I have 11 with me and the rest have been paid for and are in transit.

Next is the production stage. I am planning to break the back of the production in February and we should hopefully be in good shape come the beginning of March.

For pictures of the rest of the models follow the link below. Extreme close ups on small models don't do them justice, these guys are going to be great on the table.

https://www.blackgateminiatures.com/gallery/

Offline Aquahog

Looking good! Now that the roof is paid for I'll be happy to get some at the general release. :)

Offline andys

Very nice indeed. I'm guessing I won't be the only one who will be mixing the armoured and unarmoured command figures up a little to create more varied units?

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Thanks for the updates!

In an earlier email you suggested a2nd kickstarter would take place - would that be later this year?

Offline Barry Pittman

Thanks for the updates!

In an earlier email you suggested a2nd kickstarter would take place - would that be later this year?
I am working on the second Kickstarter and just need to get the production sorted for Phase 1 first.

Won't be long though before Phase 2, maybe this even later this month.

At present my plan is:

Mammoth Riders, Characters (including on Mammoths), then possibly Yeti's or Greenlings.

You can also get stuff from Phase 1 as an add-on, but not at the exclusive £7.50 per unit price from the first Kickstarter, the cheapest price will be £8 a unit.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Excellent!  I would beg for some kind of artillery instead of Greenlings as I believe Polar Fox already has some Snotling type characters out that might be suitable?  I haven't seen them in person, though.

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
Minis look great.  Really glad I backed the Kickstarter!  And I look forward to Black Gate Miniatures future projects!
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline andys

Excellent!  I would beg for some kind of artillery instead of Greenlings as I believe Polar Fox already has some Snotling type characters out that might be suitable?  I haven't seen them in person, though.
Bel kindly sent me a unit of Grotlings at Christmas which are perfect as Gnoblars. I'll doubtless be ordering some more at some point - when I've reduced the size of the metal heap!