October 01, 2024, 12:22:14 PM

Author Topic: 10mm Ogres coming to kickstarter October 3rd 2016 from Black Gate Miniatures  (Read 45835 times)

Offline toadie

• Loc: uk
Really like the woolly mammoths, but what about doing a Coelodonta Antiquitatis to interchange with them?!   ;) http://rhinos.org/species/extinct-woolly-rhino/

Offline Barry Pittman

• Loc: Chelmsford, UK
Hi Barry,

about the Mammoth Riders. Are you planning to bring one miniature per 20*40mm base?

Cheers

Ole
Yes, one per base. They will be way too big to share bases I think.

Offline Barry Pittman

Really like the woolly mammoths, but what about doing a Coelodonta Antiquitatis to interchange with them?!   ;) http://rhinos.org/species/extinct-woolly-rhino/
Nice idea, I will keep it in mind going forward.

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
Looking on the French forum just now, it looks like a couple of the guys on there will be pledging soon. If the pledge gets over (or very near) £2500, I'll be throwing another £30 into the pot for 4 units of cannoneers.

C'mon guys, where ever you are in the world - get pledging!  :D

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Chucking in my chieftain pledge momentarily.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Barry Pittman

Chucking in my chieftain pledge momentarily.
Thank you :)

Offline Tiberius

• Loc: Anaheim, CA
Woohoo!!!  That's super exciting!  We will have some proper ogre armies now!

Offline andys

Increased my pledge to £120 now. Well done Barry  ;D ;D

Can't help but think that if the Mammoth Riders were available at £3000, instead of the Chieftain, we'd be very close to, or even over the £3k already.

The vibes I'm getting from the French forum are that they are interested in those particular figures more than the others. Which may go some way to explaining why there aren't any French backers, at least yet?

Offline Ole

• TTT
    • Loc: Hamburg
Excellent great news!

But our princess is in another castle!

Offline Barry Pittman

Increased my pledge to £120 now. Well done Barry  ;D ;D

Can't help but think that if the Mammoth Riders were available at £3000, instead of the Chieftain, we'd be very close to, or even over the £3k already.

The vibes I'm getting from the French forum are that they are interested in those particular figures more than the others. Which may go some way to explaining why there aren't any French backers, at least yet?
We have a couple of French backers, they got us past the £2.5k goal.

Kicktraq has the project funding tracking at £3479.

Worst case scenario, I will run another Kickstarter or privately fund the Mammoth Riders.

Offline andys

Worst case scenario, I will run another Kickstarter or privately fund the Mammoth Riders.
Barry, I'd seriously suggest considering looking at individual figure goals for another Kickstarter. That way at least some of what you've got planned will be funded by the KS. Any goals that aren't then reached (hopefully they all will be though!) would then be less of a financial burden to you.

Theres a community of 50 or so people interested in these figures. Based on your pricing of £5(?) for the foot characters, £5 for the mounted ones and £10 for the Mammoth riders, a total of 9 figures I think it was. I'd guess the next KS would bring in about £1k or so. So setting low-ish goals would possibly make it easier to get some of the 9(?) figures funded quickly.

Will you be having a website to sell this range on, like Dave's Warmonger site? Could you even have a joint venture with Dave, where his and your figures are marketed from the same site? A one-stop shop for independent figure vendors perhaps?

Edit: When you look at the Dogs of War army list, Dave's figures fill the first 4 slots with basic human infantry, your Ogres are in there as well and a Mammoth Rider would make a very nice Tuska model.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2016, 01:34:21 PM by andys »

Offline Dark Omen

• Loc: UK - Midlands
As I have used your podcast to motivate me into painting my 2000 pt Empire army for the Tri Wiz this year I thought it only fair to fund your Kickstarter in return.

Bring on the Ogres!

Iain S

Offline Barry Pittman

As I have used your podcast to motivate me into painting my 2000 pt Empire army for the Tri Wiz this year I thought it only fair to fund your Kickstarter in return.

Bring on the Ogres!

Iain S
Thank you Iain for both you kind words and your backing.

Look forward to meeting you in a couple of weeks time at the Tri Wiz.