October 01, 2024, 12:18:46 PM

Author Topic: 10mm Ogres coming to kickstarter October 3rd 2016 from Black Gate Miniatures  (Read 45824 times)

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
Great news. Pity I won't be around tomorrow but I'll definitely be backing you on Tuesday evening when I get home.

Not that I'll be buying any, (I've still to start painting the 16 units I bought the first time around!), but will any new phase 1 purchases count towards the goals?

Edit: As there were about 50 people who backed Barry for the first phase, I think the first £500 will be met easily. Pledging at the Early Bird level of £16 only needs 32 people to hit that goal. Even if people are cautious and just go for this level, thinking they can use one unit as cavalry and the second as characters, hopefully enough will back it to push the cash up to £800, which will encourage people to throw in a little extra to hit the foot characters goal of £1k.

I'm less sure that £1.5k will be reached though - come on guys, prove me wrong!  ;D

Edit 2: Hmmm. If the Early Bird people throw in £24, that'd be 2 units of cavalry and 1 unit for characters. More importantly, 50 x £24 = £1200, nicely over the second goal and letting folks switch their order to 2 cavalry and 1 foot character pack later on.  ;D ;D
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 12:19:49 PM by andys »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Great!  I will post it on my gaming forum.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline infinite_array

• Lurker
    • Loc: Philadelphia, PA
Edit 2: Hmmm. If the Early Bird people throw in £24, that'd be 2 units of cavalry and 1 unit for characters. More importantly, 50 x £24 = £1200, nicely over the second goal and letting folks switch their order to 2 cavalry and 1 foot character pack later on.  ;D ;D

I'll be pledging £10 for a unit, £10 for the character pack, and then £32 for four units of Ogre Warriors (I misjudged using the older Ogre units with the newer ones - no way! - and only got two units of regular Warriors. I need six for 2000 points!). So £52 from me.

Offline Barry Pittman

• Loc: Chelmsford, UK
Thanks everyone.

I am really excited about this set of releases. My sculptor Robi is promising great things.

Even if we get to £1,000, that would mean the core of an army would be available including a set of characters.

After running the first Kickstarter, I can see why manufacturers stayed away from Ogres. The number and cost of sculpts involved makes it virtually impossible to produce them. I can only afford to do it because I am dealing with the production myself and making no profit at this stage. Maybe one day in the future :)

Anyway, enough chatter. The 2nd Kickstarter is now live and you can find it at https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blackgateminiatures/10mm-ogre-mammoth-riders-from-black-gate-miniature

Please back it if you can and spread the word around any smaller Warmaster communities that you may be a part of.

Thanks
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 02:51:15 PM by Barry Pittman »

Offline andys

Backed, despite this blasted smart phone. Just looked and its only a few quid short of the first 500! Impressive, well done Barry!

Offline marell le fou

Relayed on the french forum.

Offline Alexander

• Loc: Netherlands
how can I chose the extra stretch goals? when I select the ogre warrior i can't select the opend stretch goal? Or do I get an additional mail once pledged? im a kickstarter noob  ;D
« Last Edit: June 26, 2017, 10:33:54 PM by Alexander »

Offline mocchus

• Loc: Vallauris, France
    • Fantasy logbook
pledge done !

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Posted it on my forum.  I think I'll be the only one to back it as I'm the big Warmaster fiend in my group but still, does no harm to spread it around the net. = )

Offline andys

As I type this, we're only £62 away from £1500. Extremely impressive indeed!

I've upped my pledge to £26, to get 2 units of riders and the character pack. When it goes over £1500, I'll be chucking in another £6 for the mounted character.

Nice one Barry  :)

Offline Barry Pittman

All going swimmingly so far. Just over 24 hours in and almost at £1,500.

Yeti's are at £2,000 and then will try and get additional unit types added per £500. This could be a really big moment for 10mm Ogres.

Alexander - I think I have spoken to you via Kickstarter but PM me if you need any more info.

Thanks to everyone who has backed or share the project.

Offline andys

And just over £1500, so I've upped my pledge to cover a mounted character  :) :) :)

Barry - got any artwork for the Yetis please?

A scraplauncher, errm, rubbish thrower  ;) would be nice.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2017, 08:57:12 PM by andys »

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
Yes, some kind of --- artillery thing would be nice.  I'm not too fussed by a 'giant beast' figure as Eureka have a huge mammoth that could do for that in a pinch.

Offline marell le fou

Artillery is a nice idea. What do you see exactly ?

Offline Barry Pittman

Kickstarter Update 3:

Reaching £1,500 so quickly is both a blessing and a headache :)

I have my stretch goals planned out, but only had art created for the Mammoth Riders and first two stretch goals (Characters and Character Mammoth Riders). The reason is pretty simple. I have to pay for the art when it is completed and so I felt confident getting those three pieces commissioned, but didn't think we would be this far along so quickly, and planned on having more time to get the next lot of art work done.

Anyway, it's a nice problem to have and I am working on sorting the Yeti art today.

Also, we are down to less than 20% availability on the "Early Bird Special" and so grab it quick!

Regards

Barry