August 18, 2024, 11:17:48 PM

Author Topic: Toy's n' That....  (Read 89167 times)

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Toy's n' That....
« Reply #225 on: March 19, 2019, 07:50:17 PM »
Hehe, Glad you like it mate. I thought of you when making the bridge. It's a dome, like a lot of your ships.

On another note. Just been made aware that some scoundrel has recast my Super transporter and is flogging it on ebay. How ungentlemanly is that??

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
« Reply #226 on: March 19, 2019, 10:00:50 PM »
what a cowson! whats to be done about it? surely on ebay thats easier to stop such monstrous blatant thievery than on alibaba or whatever?

also thanks for the homage on the dome. you know I love a dome, Ive been doing those since I first saw the pre release mock ups of the 'rogue trader' cruiser gw released and tbh, I'm not at all surprised my dome ocd's have not gone unnoticed ;)

on a side note, i've still one of those high conveyors unpainted!  never did decide on a colour for it in the end...
« Last Edit: March 19, 2019, 10:05:49 PM by osjclatchford »
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline Chios

« Reply #227 on: March 20, 2019, 08:31:46 AM »
Unbelieveable, the sheer asshattery of it!  >:(
... On a lighter note, a great model!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #228 on: March 25, 2019, 09:57:15 PM »
Well, it's all sorted. Knock-off Conveyors are now gone :D The resulting Facebook storm did me a favour actually as I sold the last 20 over the weekend :/ Got some more coming though :D

Anyway! I re-did the Eagle prow and have done a Voss prow as well. Not sure on the winged skull to be honest, but that's probably because I suck and sculpting skulls. I just wanted something different. What say you? re-do it or leave it?

Offline Chios

« Reply #229 on: March 25, 2019, 10:33:59 PM »
Personally, I like your eagle prow far better. The skull is JUST that little bit wonky. It would be fine if for example I had done it, but with the backdrop of your excellent scratchbuilds it detracts too much. It's all your own fault really, could have half-arsed everything and it would have fit, but nooo!  ;D
Just kidding of course, but seeing how great your other greens have been up to now I would vote for a do-over!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #230 on: March 26, 2019, 09:39:15 AM »
I hear you, but apparently it's only you and me who are a bit iffy about it. Two people are fairly adamant they want the skull to stay and everyone else hasn't raised any issues. If no one else says anything today it'll go in the post tomorrow. Saying that, I can always make a one off for you if you want ;)

Offline Chios

« Reply #231 on: March 26, 2019, 02:46:13 PM »
Haha jeah, the people have spoken, don't feel the need to do unnecessary work just because I played devil's advocate earlier! As I said (at least I hope I brought it across) the sculpt is not a bad one at all!

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #232 on: March 26, 2019, 05:39:34 PM »
Both are shit-hot as far as I'm concerned.  :D
 But then you've seen my ships. Nerry a straight line for  more than an inch...Wonkyness is a solid part of bfg anyway. Anyone who's ever assembled a gw battleship can attest to that, no?

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #233 on: March 26, 2019, 06:06:56 PM »
Really lovely work!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #234 on: March 27, 2019, 09:15:43 AM »
Thanks guys :D So what's next? Endeavour? Gonna be on Nights this week and have a heavy week after that so probably wont get much done for a couple of weeks at least.

Haha jeah, the people have spoken, don't feel the need to do unnecessary work just because I played devil's advocate earlier! As I said (at least I hope I brought it across) the sculpt is not a bad one at all!

If I didn't want feedback, I wouldn't have put the WIP pics up ;) I'm not sensitive, if something I put up is rubbish, I fully expect people to tell me so. How else do we improve?  ;D

Anyone who's ever assembled a gw battleship can attest to that, no?

I've built 10 Battleships *shudders*. The only thing worse than that is a China recast battleship! The parts were wonky when they were cast and made even wonkier when they came out the mould!! Even though I complain, I'd rather deal with metal than Resin. I dunno why, I just prefer it. I wish I could get my ships done in metal instead.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #235 on: April 03, 2019, 09:32:07 AM »
Thought I'd grab a deal off Facebook and grabbed two metal space stations for £30. Unfortunately one of them was really badly cast (apparently it is genuine, I'm still dubious). So action had to be taken and it ended up being a double station! Kinda works I think even if it does look like a Burger. (Burger Station 1)

Paint job took me an hour. I think most of the time was spent on the yellow system ship hah.

Offline Chios

« Reply #236 on: April 03, 2019, 10:37:13 AM »
Should I... Nah... But I need to... Pls nobody hit me, I cannot hold it in, here it goes:

I'm lovin' it!

(Badumm-tsss)

Offline Bessemer

• Loc: UK
« Reply #237 on: April 03, 2019, 02:40:53 PM »
If I ever got my hands on a couple of these that's exactly what I would have done, looks so much better than the single one.

As for the casting, when I got my Apocalypse (when the SG lines were being scrapped) the wing section was badly cast, but only where you couldn't see it when built. Looks like GW didn't give a crap when ending these.
I refuse to be killed by something I've never heard of.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #238 on: April 03, 2019, 05:54:39 PM »
Groovy... never got one of these but kinda glad I didn't based on the casting report. Damn good conversion idea doubling it... Also,
Nice to see a yellowline truck in there ;)

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #239 on: April 03, 2019, 09:42:16 PM »
Love this burger station :)