August 18, 2024, 07:21:59 AM

Author Topic: Toy's n' That....  (Read 89097 times)

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
Re: Toy's n' That....
« Reply #465 on: May 01, 2021, 07:42:16 PM »
that warbringer's stride is truly intimidating.
love it.
loking forward to the weathering on him too...

that big boy is not to be trifled with either is he? bloody hell its huge!
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
« Reply #466 on: May 02, 2021, 12:18:31 PM »
I'm waiting for GW to do him at 40k scale. Can you imagine the size of the thing lol

Minor update before I'm back to work tomorrow. I have the White all lined out and ready for highlighting. The purple is also done. Although I'll probably end up doing some more panels purple. I've left a few as I'm not sure what colour to do them (might change when I get it all together)

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #467 on: May 17, 2021, 06:24:40 PM »
Well, that's this guy done. Well, I say done. I need to paint the Quake Cannon and find some replacement Flakk guns for him. But, yeah, he's done enough foe me!!

Also, name change. Fragmentum Acervum (Scrap Heap)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #468 on: June 04, 2021, 06:12:01 PM »
Love the battle damage!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #469 on: July 25, 2021, 09:54:02 AM »
Well, been a while! Not gonna bother with excuses. Just gonna post pictures of some WIP work of my Warmaster (Lux Aeterna).

Had my first game since Covid yesterday. In true fashion, I lost. but it was a great game none the less. I'll get some pics of that up soon(ish)

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #470 on: July 25, 2021, 12:51:21 PM »
So, this was my first game (I think) since Covid hit and my first game using my Yellow Titans!! My opponent who has been sitting on his titans for about 6 months and still not got them done borrowed my other Titan force. Both were 1530pts (an odd number but hey, at least they matched!). We didn't use Maniple rules, Stratagems or Legio rules as I wanted to keep it basic as it was his first game.

In the White Corner we have

Vetus Gloria (Warlord)
Ultima Nuntius (reaver with Melta Cannon)
Sol Alba (Reaver with Volcano Cannon)
Senex Spe and Friend (Warhounds)

In the Yellow Corner we have..

Legio Cariosus
Fragmentum Acervum (Warbringer)
Ferrum Meretrix (Reaver)
Fallo Amans (Reaver)
Senem Sordidium (Reaver)
Trux Animalis (Warhound)

Deployment and First Turn. Not a lot happened really. Pretty much all of Legio Cariosus pushed their reactors to get closer to the enemy and other than a few pot shots little happened.

Senex Spe and his mate move into the ruined town, only to make a hasty withdrawal as Fallo Amans smashes its way into the town square only to end up squaring off against Ultima Nuntius. As if the war torn town hadn't had it bad enough!!

Vetus Gloria, Sol Alba, Senex Spe face off against Sordidium Senem. It did not end well for poor Sordidium Senem who crashed to the ground in front of the enemy battleline.

Fallo Amans smashes his way through the town to get to grips with the enemy Titans whilst Trux Animalis and Ferrum Meretrix attempt to flank the enemy and get to grips with Senex Spe. Fire from Fragmentum Acervum, Ferrum Meretrix and Trux Animalis finish off Senex Spe's Friend who suffered a Critical meltdown and damages all nearby Titans.

Ferrum Meretrix opens up Spenex Spe's armour with it's chainfist and finished it off with it's Gatling Blaster. This resulted in a complete reactor Meltdown damaging all Titans nearby, some badly.

After Senex Spe went critical Ferrum Meretrix was easy pickings for Sol Alba. Ferrum Meretrix also suffered a critical meltdown and the resulting explosion also caused Fallo Amans AND Trux Animalis to suffer a critical meltdowns as well.

Sol Alba, reeling from the damage suffered from multiple reactor meltdowns then took a direct hit from Fragmentum Acervums quake cannon. Resulting in yet another Critical Meltdown and causing the unfortunate Ultima Nuntius to suffer a magazine detonation. This left Fragmentum Acervum and Vetus Gloria as the only Titans still standing....

Turn 4, with only two Titans left the game could end here.... Fragmentum Acervum rescues the Titan crew. All it needs to do is survive until the end of the game. However Vetus Gloria has other ideas and hits Fragmentum Acervum in the face with it's Belicosa, causing two critical hits....

The game carries on to turn 5. Vetus Gloria wins the initiative and first fires it's Belicosa into Fragmentum Acervums face (again) and finally puts the last of Legio Cariossus down.

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #471 on: July 26, 2021, 07:01:07 AM »
Coolness!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #472 on: September 10, 2021, 11:48:03 AM »
Been a while since I managed to get any Titanicus done, mainly as I'm working on a little Necromunda project.

A mate of mine printed off some Plasma Blast guns for my Reavers. I've painted up 4 but only have 2 painted Reavers lol. So I'd better get my posterior in gear and paint up my last 3 Reavers!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #473 on: September 17, 2021, 06:53:07 PM »
Beautiful pics!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #474 on: October 13, 2021, 02:30:22 PM »
Been a while! But I have been a tad busy. I bit the bullet and bought a 3D printer so I've been having some fun with that. More printing and buiding than painting but I have managed to apply paint to a few things!!!

A Chain Fist for my Warlord.

Some Teeny Tiny Armigers. Yes, they're not based! I know! I'm not sure whether they'll end up on 25mm bases or on 32mm ones........ who knows!

I've also done some more work on my Warmaster - Lux Aeterna. I'm hoping to have the Torso done this week. I'm still looking for some Heraldry for him to go in the little shields.

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #475 on: October 13, 2021, 02:36:19 PM »
Awesome stuff once again! Regarding the basing of the tiny Armigers. Is the Questoris Knight on a 32mm base or 40mm? It might be nice to have the Armigers on 25mm if the Questoris is on a 32mm one.
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #476 on: October 13, 2021, 04:29:55 PM »
Normal Questoris Knights are on 40mm bases. The Cerastus are on a 50mm and an Acastus are on a 60mm bases.

I was hoping to put two Armigers on a single 40mm base to represent a single Questoris but, alas, they're too big so the base is far, far to cramped.

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #477 on: October 13, 2021, 07:05:18 PM »
32mm might then be more fitting. The 25mm ones you've used now seem to be fully covered by the model. Some extra space might give you some more play room.
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #478 on: October 18, 2021, 12:39:24 PM »
Ok, The Torso is finally finished. Minus some decals on the little shield things and on the Purple Plate above his head anyway. But I'm yet to work out what I want to put where with the Decals. So they can wait.

Next up? I'm currently Painting up a load of Titanicus Scale Armigers and I shrunk down a 40k Las Impulsor so I could convert up 2 Knight Preceptors to lead them.

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
« Reply #479 on: October 19, 2021, 06:14:30 PM »
think this one might be the best one yet.
it seems, unlike most of us, who's quality of of paintjobs go a bit lax as the wight of the project starts to make you wane a bit, enthusisam wise, you've been getting better and better jobs on these paintjobs as you go along, despite the volume of models done!

as the first one was shit-hot to start with, Its now a surprise to see it just gets better and better!

particularly nice white and the gold is real crisp too! more please! ;)
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC