August 18, 2024, 11:16:27 AM

Author Topic: Toy's n' That....  (Read 89113 times)

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Toy's n' That....
« Reply #420 on: November 29, 2020, 04:56:29 PM »
I was co chuffed I went and made some more

Added another Cactus to the Warlords and a Reavers base. I guess I'll be making quite a few of these now. Do you guys use Flock on your bases? It's hard to scale I guess but I'd like some dry shrub on there to add some colour/detail. Any ideas?

Due to having left over green stuff and a long memory. I went ahead and made some 2nd Edition inspired green balls with red spikes! (is anyone old enough to remember them?) Oh, I also finished blacking out the Diamond pattern so now I just needs highlighting.

Offline Ragsta

• Loc: Edinburgh
« Reply #421 on: November 30, 2020, 09:08:36 AM »
I remember them fondly, and I love you for modelling these!
I like the sense of movement you’ve captured with these units so far too.
Yeah my hobby buddy is a cheeky young whippersnapper - he barely grasps 3rd edition let alone 2nd. Young pup...

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #422 on: November 30, 2020, 06:52:46 PM »
Haha thanks. It is worrying when you think 3rd Edition came out 22 years ago  :o I remember heading into GW and having Intro games of it!! I work with people who aren't even 22 years old!  ::)

I hate static poses, so thanks for that  :D Especially as the Yellow Warlord was a cock up! I wanted him stood on something but managed to mess it up. then tried to rescue it, failed, ripped the knee joint to pieces and he ended up as he is.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #423 on: December 16, 2020, 12:50:01 PM »
Ok, Finally, FINALLY finished this diamond pattern. I had to correct it in places. Mainly the left front shoulder armour as the pattern curved all over the place. I'm pretty much happy with him how he is although he lacks any sort of markings at the moment.

I also finished all the painting on the White Warlord. Kinda happy with the freehand diamonds and symbols but the colours seem to blend into one. I should jabe gone with a plain red background. Anyway It's just Decals and.......

....... Because Painting white and Diamond patterns wasn't punishing myself. Banners!! This will be for the Warlord (between his legs.)

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
« Reply #424 on: December 17, 2020, 02:10:34 AM »
Awesome weathering in the yellow one. White and purple is quite striking!

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #425 on: December 17, 2020, 07:14:26 AM »
This Remains Insane.
  8)

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #426 on: December 23, 2020, 05:57:02 PM »
Really stunning posing on the titans, I've never seen someone do that with the plastic kit before.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #427 on: December 26, 2020, 12:26:47 PM »
Thanks guys :D I hope you've all had a nice, relaxing and productive Christmas!

I saw a starter on eBay for a steal (a 3rd of RRP!) and couldn't resist. All the titans/kngihts were prebuilt and either sprayed silver or part painted but, hey, I'm still happy :D The Reaver isn't posed exactly how I imaged him but that's mainly due to not being able to pull it apart at the hip joints. Oh well. It''ll do!! He'll be joining the Yellow and Diamond pattern Legio.

Warhound on the base is just done with some quick press mould. Right, off to spray him!!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2020, 12:29:34 PM by Lord Borak »

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
« Reply #428 on: December 27, 2020, 08:52:35 AM »
cor, thats a great pose with the wrecked warhound. thanks for proving me wrong about that. I think its because the interaction between the two is simply foot on top that stops it being a cheese fest and more of a sense of context...

and lols with the cacti. never did like those but they do evoke pleasant nostalgia none the less...
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #429 on: December 27, 2020, 04:13:34 PM »
Impressive!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #430 on: December 28, 2020, 05:37:55 PM »
The pose is a little off to be honest. I wanted him more crouched and leaning to the left (his left), almost like he was using the warhound as a platform to push off from into another opponent. But he kinda ended up standing on the Warhound like a Trophy. I still like the pose though, even if it isn't as dynamic as I envisioned.

I do need a name for him/her though. Any ideas? I have a name for the Warhound already; Trux animalis (Filthy Animal). The other Reaver is Ferrum Meretrix (Iron Whore). So I need something of similar vein. Plus the Warlord as well for that matter. I never did decide for him.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #431 on: January 05, 2021, 09:52:41 AM »
I've been told to isolate due to Covid, so, I've managed to get some painting done :D Just the yellow on 2 titans but, hey, give me a chance. It's a start!

Sordidum Senem (Dirty Old Man)

Trux Animalis (Filthy Animal)

How about Mors Spei (Death of Hope) for the Warlord? It's a bit grander compared to the rest of the Titans but Warlords are supposed to be incredibly rare in this run down legio.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #432 on: January 06, 2021, 03:14:07 PM »
In an effort to avoid painting the red and black Diamonds on the Titans.......... I've spent today painting tiny black and white diamonds on a banner for my warlord. (no, I still havent painted his weapons lol)

Offline Apocolocyntosis

« Reply #433 on: January 06, 2021, 04:28:04 PM »
really clean, like the cacti too.

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #434 on: January 07, 2021, 01:10:04 PM »
Very impressive!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!