August 18, 2024, 01:19:28 PM

Author Topic: Toy's n' That....  (Read 89125 times)

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
Re: Toy's n' That....
« Reply #375 on: July 10, 2020, 09:30:38 PM »
I'm done for the night

I'm going with the slogan "IRN WITHIN, IRN WITHOUT". Quite how I'm not so sure yet. I'm also going to have a little bit saying "now in Syringe form" for those who like to inject it directly into the veins! :D

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #376 on: July 11, 2020, 12:57:35 PM »
I've done the sign. Might add something to it....... Not sure if I should make it a stand alone bill board sign or attack it to a building....

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #377 on: July 13, 2020, 11:02:58 PM »
Ha!  That made me smile. <3
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #378 on: July 14, 2020, 06:56:28 PM »
Good! :D

I made some more bill boards. I needed some small scatter terrain to provide cover on the roofs of buildings and to add a splash of colour to the board.

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
« Reply #379 on: July 16, 2020, 05:24:57 PM »
Demo man... Lols...
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #380 on: July 22, 2020, 06:27:35 PM »
Got a few more of those printed off. Decided to just use prit stick to stick the print outs to the plastic as the colour was running when I used PVA glue. It has the text "F**K Taco Bell, eat a Rat Burger!" but you can't see it on that bill board :/ I've done some more posters for the painted Admin building but I'm struggling to get the pictures off my phone (computer says no)

A new bill board anyway. It's still WIP but it's a far bit larger and has some gubbinz on the base (to weigh it down more than anything!)

The board is starting to come together now. I just need to stop doing 'details' and actually get some buildings finished :D

« Last Edit: July 22, 2020, 06:29:40 PM by Lord Borak »

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #381 on: September 26, 2020, 01:50:51 PM »
Has it really been this long since I last painted something  :o

Well.. So, Necromunda and the board has been put on hold for a little while due to be being distracted by tiny titans. God knows why I haven't got into this game before...... but hey, I'm here now. I must say, these models are fantastically detailed, they're easy to build and a joy to paint.... I just wish there was Orks!!

First up is two Warhounds. I'm going to add some weathering to the feet once I do the bases. However I'll do the bases along with the other titans in the maniple (2 Reavers and 1 Warlord). Well..... that's what's currently built. I have after the maniple 2 Warlords, 1 Nemesis, 6 Reavers and 6 Warhounds in boxes to get cracking through.

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #382 on: September 26, 2020, 04:51:28 PM »
Nice paintjob. Good colours and execution.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #383 on: September 26, 2020, 06:20:17 PM »
Seconded that's some gorgeous white. And against that purple? Banging...

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #384 on: September 27, 2020, 08:05:42 AM »
Thanks guys.  ;D

I tried to get away from my usual dry brush and wash approach that I've been using for what seems like forever. Also, a mate of mine was complaining that all my armies were either black or Metallics. As I have never, ever, done a white army before I decided to go there... it's a choice I am regretting lol. Oh well... only 18 or so models to paint in this scheme....  :o

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #385 on: September 29, 2020, 04:49:06 PM »
Some WIP shots of my Reavers. They look pretty messy at the moment and I'm not sure I like the purple.... It's a bit Tron like and I'm not overly fond of harsh highlights..... So they might well get toned down with a wash at some point. I'll wait until the Gold is done first before I make that call though.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2020, 10:12:25 AM »
That purple is well lush. Once the gold's between the white and it it will look much less overtly highlighted I'm sure.the shiny gold is where your eye'll go first...

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #387 on: September 30, 2020, 09:59:57 PM »
Yeah, I agree. That purple works fine. And as said: the gold is the missing colour now.

And models are supposed to look like a mess midway painting. Mine always do. Only at the last 10% they come together.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #388 on: October 02, 2020, 02:45:06 PM »
Yeah.... you were 100% right! I'm much happier with them now than I was!!

I've been painting these all week. It's taken me 6-8 hours just to tidy up the trim and paint the gold..... but they are almost done! Just have to highlight the black, do the copper tubing, lenses and random little details and bits that I haven't worked out how to paint yet.

Due to needing something easy to dabble on to give my eyes a rest I've been working on this wee chap. No idea what he's for yet as he certainly wont be painted in the White/Purple scheme. If anyone was wondering if the Vanguard Terrain turrets scaled right for AT reavers, well, they do. I converted one up to be a Plasma Blast gun purely because a mate of mine wondered about them.

Offline osjclatchford

« Reply #389 on: October 02, 2020, 05:07:35 PM »
Indeed, the gold looks really lustrous against the purple White scheme... Nice conversion on t'other one... Full of action and life, often unseen in titan minis...