August 18, 2024, 07:20:26 PM

Author Topic: Toy's n' That....  (Read 89158 times)

Offline marell le fou

Re: Toy's n' That....
« Reply #285 on: May 19, 2019, 09:44:28 PM »
Excellent work.

Black and green seem a little big too regular to me. I mean the surface is important, it would have added someting to insert an other colour at some point, maybe.

And on the other hand, the white prew is very nice and it's because of this long regularity on the rest of the colour.

Offline Ragsta

• Loc: Edinburgh
« Reply #286 on: May 23, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
Grud, the scratch building is mighty here, I like the subtle changes in prows very much. Might the prows ever be available like your high conveyor, I think they’d be interesting replacements for the Helios range. Er do you have some master plan on putting all your fleets on the table some day?

Where might a humble squig dung shoveler like me source those resin ships you posted previously? They have a Resin Addict vibe to them and I know Vaish was dabbling somewhere.

Offline Apocolocyntosis

« Reply #287 on: May 24, 2019, 08:43:54 AM »
beautiful plasticard work

Offline Lord Borak

• Loc: United Kingdom
« Reply #288 on: May 24, 2019, 10:41:31 AM »
Marell le Fou: I was thinking that but I wasn't sure what to do. I had thought about doing the dorsal turrets in white, or maybe the whole dorsal section and bridge in white.

Ragsta: Thanks mate, Yeah, I'll get them off to the caster as soon as I've done a few more prows. I have 2 ideas, one easy, one not. So we'll see how long they take me to do. Which resin ships were you talking about? There's a lot in this thread ;) I could do a full fleet picture, but will probably hold off until it's painted. It's a lot to get out after all!!

Apoca.......Apocoly....... Thanks!

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #289 on: May 24, 2019, 03:58:40 PM »
Well, I've started the 'Fist prow'. I don't like it but not sure how else I could have done it without the prow being to long or the fist being to small. Oh well, I'm not going to be using it :P

Offline Ragsta

• Loc: Edinburgh
« Reply #290 on: May 24, 2019, 04:12:55 PM »

Hahaha I love this! I think those would be excellent for me to convert into some Ork ships too!

The resin ships I mean are at top of page 18, mate. But hey, if you want to send me a complete listing of all your sources I don’t think anyone would mind  ;D

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #291 on: May 24, 2019, 05:07:23 PM »
Glad you like them :D

Oh, those are mine. I should have them in sometime next week.

These are what I have coming..

Light Cruiser transports

Transports

This big beast is already on ebay.

Offline osjclatchford

• Loc: chigwell, essex, uk
« Reply #292 on: May 24, 2019, 08:19:38 PM »
ok, thats not at all where I thought you were going with the fist-prow dealie.  ;D
when I did mine it was kinda more like a ram added to the end of the prow, also a friend reminded me, it was not a power fist, but an old (and I mean old, the metal/plastic hybrid kit) chaos knight hand, as it had a flared gauntlet look that was rather nice on the end of the prow. so essentially a fancier ram simply painted as gold/bronze but, yeah full fist prow, why not? very astartes to my mind...
its truly no nonsense.

crazy but, no nonsense...
2017 Droppod Studios -  A subsidiary of the OSJC

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #293 on: May 25, 2019, 03:35:16 PM »
Ah someone over on the Dakka page wanted a whole prow as a 'ram' so figured I'd do this. Purely for him really. I'm not overly fond of it but...... hey, he wanted it. It's actually growing on me now it has more details on it.

Ok, so I have a couple of ideas for future prows. One is based off the old Dominator Battleship from Space fleet - As I don't have a nova Cannon in the set. I'm also thinking of the old dictator as well, which basically has a massive drill as a prow. Not sure on the drill, but definitely going to do the Nova cannon.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #294 on: May 25, 2019, 05:02:22 PM »
Fly me Closer! I want to punch them!!

Offline uberChris

• Lurker
    • Loc: Eastern United States
« Reply #295 on: May 27, 2019, 03:08:43 AM »
Amazing and Brilliant fist prow!! Fantastic work overall, nicely done sir.

Offline Lord Borak

« Reply #296 on: May 27, 2019, 09:51:59 PM »
Thanks mate.

Work on Prow Number 4. Based off the old Space Fleet Dominator. Quite happy with it so far.

Offline Chios

« Reply #297 on: May 27, 2019, 11:35:43 PM »
Oooh, a nice one!

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #298 on: May 28, 2019, 10:33:59 AM »
Not too fond of the first, loving the dominator though!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #299 on: May 28, 2019, 10:35:00 PM »
Same. Not fond of the fist one, despite the fact that it's a very original idea.

I like the second one better.

Strange, because in general i do respect more the originality than pure technic.