October 04, 2024, 02:15:43 PM

Author Topic: 10mm (Back to work!) Fantasy Funfest  (Read 34024 times)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
Re: 10mm (back to sculpting) Fantasy Funfest
« Reply #45 on: July 24, 2016, 12:59:53 PM »
I like the pose of the right!

good work

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
10mm (back to sculpting) Fantasy Funfest
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2016, 01:41:56 PM »
Everything in this thread is very impressive. Great sculpting on the arabic mini's. Looking forward to seeing more :)

/Mlkr
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline Grumbledook

• Loc: Uk
    • It's a hobby, not an addiction
Re: 10mm (Micro Mordheim interlude) Fantasy Funfest
« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2016, 03:37:43 PM »
Thanks for the continued compliments chaps. I've got to shape the spearpoints on a couple of the figures then I'll have my magic number of 6 spearmen finished..... a picture will follow soon!

In the meantime I've been playing around with a concept for a modular Micro Mordheim board:

Also still painting up some more Goblins for the warband, might be adding a few Orcs too. Really need to put together another warband at some point, although I've got a load of spooks, ghouls and skeletons based up I really want a decent old school Dracula in 10mm to lead the group. Might have to have a go at sculpting one, hmmm.

Thanks for looking.

Offline marell le fou

Re: 10mm (Micro Mordheim interlude) Fantasy Funfest
« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2016, 11:13:04 PM »
Really love your mordheim 10mm project !

Offline Grumbledook

Re: 10mm (Arabian Update) Fantasy Funfest
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2016, 09:00:53 PM »
Thanks marell, it's pretty good fun to develop it kind of randomly. More goblins being painted at the moment as well as a load of spooks and skeletons!

Here's a long promised update on the Arabian spearmen, six sculpts done and here they are hanging tough with a wizard:

And here they are mixed in with a load of other miniatures:

There are more words on the blog as well as another sneak peak of some of what's to come.

Thanks for looking.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2016, 12:32:52 AM »
If you want an old school dracula then you really want the minor vampire on foot from the Vampire Counts command blister...

Love what you've done so far!
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Grumbledook

« Reply #51 on: August 15, 2016, 11:23:58 PM »
Thanks Stormwind, I haven't had much luck trying to find a picture of the minor Vampire on foot but if he looks anything like Bela Lugosi then I'm keeping my eyes peeled!

Not enough sculpting going on, I've got a unit captain on the go and the Troll-things are developing. But the long gap between adding new layers is starting to annoy, so I'll be getting more dollies into corks so that I can get more done at the same time. On the other hand I've been able to get some painting done which means some things have been finished off- woop!

Gobbos for the Micro Mordheim:

And finally I managed to get my pikemen based and finished off.

At this rate I should have half an army finished off by 2025..... my dreams of re-enacting the End Times in 10mm with chaos being vanquished should become a reality by the time of my 3rd reincarnation.

Thanks for looking.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
Re: 10mm (Painted miniature interlude) Fantasy Funfest
« Reply #52 on: August 15, 2016, 11:58:47 PM »
http://s648.photobucket.com/user/jchaos79/media/GW/characterscondesvampiros2.jpg.html

2nd from right figure but he's more Christopher Lee than Mr. Lugosi!

---

Oh lovely pikemen!  Are they done from a white undercoat?

My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Aquahog

« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2016, 11:38:30 AM »
Those pikemen are magnificent!

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2016, 05:25:39 PM »
What he just said.  Great pikemen!
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline Grumbledook

« Reply #55 on: August 18, 2016, 08:35:31 AM »
Thanks guys, picking a 3 colour combination for the pikemen means that they take a surprisingly long time to paint......... but it's kind of worth it in the end.

@Stormwind: these chaps were primed black, which was only because I've always primed anything under 28mm in black in the past. No more though, I've started priming everything in white now. In fairness, the goblins I'm painting at the moment get dulled down pretty quickly once a couple of washes goes over the base layer. We'll see how they come out!

In other news, almost finished my unit captain, and I've found a caster who has one of the figures to make a sample/test cast from. I can then get a painted example done. Just need to get more figures done to fill the mould, save up some pennies then there will hopefully be a modest number of units cast up. It'll take a few months to finish sculpting and get stuff organised, but things will happen and it's all rather exciting.

Offline Grumbledook

« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2016, 11:13:06 PM »
A little update to show that this project is still going on - a combination of attempting to decorate and childcare (always condusive to getting stuff done) has slowed things down a bit. I've finished the Arabian Captain (one of several in due course) so here's apicture of him hanging tough with some pals:

More sculpting still going on; namely a standard bearer and another spearman (hell why not? Because I really don't fancy sculpting a musician - that's why) and I've nearly finished painting a few more Goblins. Hopefully there will be more to put up soon.

I also managed to avoid buying some 28mm figures...... that would've been unhelpful to say the least! But I did treat myself to a pdf of the Otherworld Miniature Skirmish rules and they actually look pretty fun - more so at 10mm!

Thanks for looking.

Offline industrialtrousers

• Loc: Londinium
Re: 10mm (Arabian Captain finally finished) Fantasy Funfest
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2016, 11:51:52 PM »
Great stuff. Lovely sculpts. Massed ranks of these blokes are going to look excellent. Glad you're going to get them cast up.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #58 on: August 23, 2016, 11:09:07 PM »
Really really good stuff.

Offline dry_erase

• Loc: London
« Reply #59 on: August 23, 2016, 11:26:17 PM »
I need some of these amazing Arabyans to take on my undead! Do you know how they would go along with some of the historical Ottomans/Saracens/Turks?