October 06, 2024, 03:21:26 AM

Author Topic: WM High Elf Army attempt #3  (Read 13503 times)

Offline adamsg01

• Loc: Australia
Re: WM High Elf Army attempt #3
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2016, 02:02:40 AM »
Thanks for the info Geep (and to other commenters as well for the encouragement). Managed to find my hard cover rules and note its 60cm movement for heroes except for those with flying mounts, which is up to 100cm.

Here my next lot - a demi-brigade of Silver helms though I need to finish off the bases to match the rest of the force - 220 points (add to 1430 already = 1650 points so far)

And a group mugshot after adding magnets to the bases.

The Elf painting is taking a bit of a hit as got distracted with an undead Skull chukka and bone giant I repainted (thanks ebay). Also painting up 28mm figs to sell so this is getting lower priority for a little while. Finished off some more characters over the weekend but dragon need more work so hopefully more photos for you all soon.

take care.

cheers

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2016, 08:51:36 AM »
Looking good!

thumbs up

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2016, 10:57:40 PM »
Yep, really nice ! Dragon princes really looks different, so it's great for diversity in your army.

Offline adamsg01

« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2016, 11:04:01 AM »
Sadly Marell they are only (mere) silver helms. I once had a real blister of dragon princes and I got an amazing amount for them on ebay which of course I regret sellign but such is life. I think I will just have a go at converting a Silver Helms regiment into Dragon Princes, using greenstuff, down the track (yes - it is a rather long and windy track for sure).

As as promised, and sorry for the delay - life has a habit of side tracking with non-hobby stuff, I present le Dragon! I think I should not have used the Army Painter soft tone on his wing cartilage bits but still he will do. Who doesn't love a pretty Dragon in their warmaster army. This one will be a mount for hero I suppose as I already have a general so that going to be another 100 + 80 points - ouch. So add to 1650 makes for 1830 points - nearly there @ 2k painted. According to my inventory spreadsheet I have 2395 points worth of figures so the end is in sight (then onto empire, undead and orcs )

Hope you all had a happy easter and got to play some games - esp. warmaster.
cheers

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2016, 11:19:47 AM »
Lovely work. =)
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline Rowlybot

• Loc: Cambridge, UK
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2016, 02:02:38 PM »
That's a great looking dragon.

Offline Geep

« Reply #21 on: March 31, 2016, 02:46:17 PM »
Very nice. I just hope I can paint 2000pts of Orcs before you've done the same :p

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
WM High Elf Army attempt #3
« Reply #22 on: March 31, 2016, 02:49:09 PM »
He :P me too. Slow and steady getting there.
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2016, 09:59:55 PM »
Really nice !

But the base seem too simple now :)

Offline adamsg01

« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 01:00:32 PM »
Howdy folks,
Latest addition is a hero on a budgie. So that is 1830 + hero on eagle = 100 pts = 1930 point pained of Warmaster High Elves so far.

Hey marell le fou -  good point on pretty basic basing on the Dragon mate. For the moment I am going for a mass production style theme but I agree A dragon should have something pretty sweet for its base. Just need some Dark Elf casualties to help 'spice' up the base. Seem dark elves are a  rare thing nowadays let alone as casualties. Will look to improve the base down the track.

cheers

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 03:53:13 PM »
Don't worry about all that, if you start fussing about that kind of thing you'll be where I am, which has been only painting one unit per month for the past few years, which is no way to make an army!

Good job and if you really don't like them in a couple of years time you could always rebase / repaint them.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 09:39:43 PM »
I agree, go on ! And you will be back at this base one day, after dozens of games played, when you will fall on a pack of dark elves for a low price or a trade.

For now keep on painting ! You already have a nice small force and it's growing quickly.

Any picture from the back and up of the eagle ? The picture is not very good to see wings.

Offline adamsg01

« Reply #27 on: April 17, 2016, 12:49:17 PM »
Howdy Folks,

Well I managed a recent purchase of some pre-painted warmaster High Elves which needed a little touching up but were pretty perfect match for my other figs. Without further ado may I introduce the following:

3 Spear-elves, 1 archers, 1 chariot, 1 silver helms, 1 bolt thrower, some characters (wizard and hero) so figured another 180 + 75 + 95 + 110 + 65 + 90 + 80 = 695 points.

I also just finished my first unit of chariots so added them to the family portrait :o) so that is another 95 points giving 790 extra points to the already painted 1,930 so that is 2,720 points so far.

Currently painting up another 2 units of spear-elf's. Figured 3 spear-elf units, in column, with a unit of archers in line in front  (all touching bases) is a good deployment (at least in theory, for support factors). Still have another unit of chariots, Dragon, Eagle rider and at least 1 more unit of archers to go. Looking to purchase 2 more units of reavers also in the future (and maybe some phoenix guard too). SO maybe 3500 poins worth. Better get started on my undead soon to have someone to fight, although i do have Empire, Orc and gobbo forces in the pipeline, and a cameo chaos force just for fun. I will stay away from dark elves, dwarves and Bretts as just too tempting and I still have to pay of my house yet.

Take care and thanks for your interest.

cheers
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 12:54:23 PM by adamsg01 »

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #28 on: April 17, 2016, 02:50:22 PM »
They look great, I thin k they match well with your figures.

Offline Geep

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2016, 03:55:46 AM »
That's a very nice and fast army boost. My High Elf army was bought pre-painted, with the intention of repainting, but it is really too good to require it- and an instant force is very nice!