September 14, 2024, 07:18:48 AM

Author Topic: Mark of Nurge - crippled  (Read 2151 times)

Offline Atlan

Mark of Nurge - crippled
« on: January 14, 2016, 01:18:55 PM »
Hi, during writing a battle report I remembered a strange situation we had then:

My Warmaster (in a campaign) had the mark of Nurgle and was on a cruiser.
The ship took it's 4th point of damage. At this point it was as far as I understand not yet crippled (9/2=4,5 ->5).
BUT this last damage caused a critical hit: her bridge was smashed. So what is now?

- Is the Mark lost and the ship now has 4 of 8 hullpints? (and is therefore crippled)

- Is the mark lost, but the first damage the ship took is considerd just destroing "nurgle-stuff" so the ship has 5 of 8? (and not crippled)

- Does the ship still has the mark and 5 of 9 Hullpoints? (and not crippled?)

(We used version 2 then, but now I'm wondering what would be the correct solution.)

Offline Seahawk

• Bombardment!
Re: Mark of Nurge - crippled
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2016, 08:47:43 PM »
A ship never loses it's mark or commander just because the bridge was smashed, so you would not have been crippled.

Offline Atlan

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2016, 09:12:59 PM »
hm, maybe we mixed this up a little with the fact, that re-rolls get lost if the bridg of the flagship is smashed.

Offline Bozeman

• Loc: Lansing, MI
    • Four Strands Hobby
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2016, 05:14:41 AM »
If the bridge gets smashed, your character is still alive. However all the equipment they use to communicate effectively with their ship is severely damaged.  They might have to move to a less efficient backup location or work with damaged consoles.  The -3 Ld reflects the character not being able to bring their best leadership abilities to the forefront due to broken stuff.

However, the Chaos Gods don't care if your monitor has a crack in it.  The mark would still apply.