September 11, 2024, 10:17:25 AM

Author Topic: BFG:R 2D Fleet Markers  (Read 11532 times)

Offline Chios

BFG:R 2D Fleet Markers
« on: January 03, 2016, 12:07:25 PM »
When I started playing BFG with my friends some months ago, some of them were like "I don't know, Spaceship tabletop sounds fun but I dont wanna buy models and rulebooks and all that stuff".

Fortunately, as we all know, the BFG ruleset is free to download in various iterations and improvements, and thanks to Tyberius there are stunning Markers for all sorts of ordonance.

Models are more than a little pricey though, and scratchbuilding 5 whole armies might have resulted in my first game around my 120th birthday.
I had the great fortune of finding Markers for ships of almost all the fleets on the internet. These were all done in a top-down perspective, ready to be printed and used for impressive looking fleets to show my friends without spendng more than some Euros for glue and cardboard! Yay!

After one or two games, we switched to the fleet lists of BFG:R, so there were now shiptypes that the markers didn't cover.

Long story short, i reworked most of the fleets found on the internet and will put them up here, just in case somebody experiences a similarly reluctant gaming group. :D

Unfortunately I did not find out who made the ships in the first place, so I state it generally:
These Markers are NOT my original work, I merely modified them (heavily in some cases, but always using existing pieces rearranged). Should anyone happen to know the artist, i will gladly edit the credits. Should said artist want me to pull what I did from the internet, I will of course do so at request.
The credits for all ordnance markers on the other hand goes to Tyberius, on those I mostly just did color palette switches.
EDIT: Thanks to Leman Russ for letting me know that those are the sprites of the BFG mod for Vassal, so all credits to whoever made that!

Starting with the Imperial Fleet:

the gray/red ones are reworked from those found on the internet, there is an alternate green/white version.

« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 02:26:43 PM by Chios »

Offline Chios

Re: BFG:R 2D Fleet Markers
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 12:11:43 PM »
Next up the Space Marines:

Offline Chios

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 12:14:11 PM »
And the Eldar:

Offline Chios

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2016, 12:16:14 PM »
Orks Orks Orks Orks Orks:

I did not edit anything on the ordnance markers here, so no upload of those ;)

Offline Chios

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2016, 12:18:28 PM »
now for Chaos:

There are two documents gere, since I didn't feel like cramming all of the ships into one file.
For this colour-palette, i used the Khorne-themed ordnance markers by Tyberius.

Offline LemanRuss

• Loc: Montreal,Qc, Canada
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2016, 02:07:34 PM »
Those are the sprites of the BFG mod for Vassal.

Offline Chios

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2016, 06:37:23 PM »
Necrons: