October 02, 2024, 03:26:09 AM

Author Topic: Are Steamtanks worth it?  (Read 6306 times)

Offline Tiberius

• Loc: Anaheim, CA
Re: Are Steamtanks worth it?
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2015, 08:24:50 PM »
Don't be too enthusiastic.. it's mostly nerf... the cannon is worse and the biggest problem making this choice a big gamble for it's point cost is the rule that it is automaticly destroyed after loosing the combat...
Ahh, right.  That is kind of the opposite of "Unbreakable".

I can see how having several together would be helpful.  Since they are not the terror that they are in Warhammer, it is probably a little more acceptable to field two in one army.

Offline Tzar_Boris

« Reply #16 on: December 05, 2015, 05:05:07 PM »
I agree that the Brick-tank is a problem unit, but today we had quite a confusion, when the tank was in combat with a cavalry unit with a hero on dragon joined.
The fact is - not only steam tank doesn't cause terror, I didn't find any mention of it being immune to terror! So the wimpy tank was terrified and made 1 less attack.
Maybe I don't know something? I searched the rulebook through and through, still found no mention of it. It's kinda counterintuitive

Offline honestmistake

• Tentacles make everything better!
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2015, 06:17:22 PM »
You are right as far as I know (I stopped fielding Steam tanks almost 2 years ago because they are just a point sink) They do not cause terror, they are destroyed if pushed back and they no longer weild a cannon so don't benefit from 'bounce' basically they are ok at shielding an advance from missile fire (as long as its not cannon!) but they will die very easily in close combat and do very little damage to the enemy. Making them cause terror and charge as chariots might help but even then they are very poor compared to other armies 'prestige' unit... A real shame as I love the model :(