September 10, 2024, 07:16:26 PM

Author Topic: GW bringing back BFG?  (Read 7321 times)

Offline Hengest

Re: GW bringing back BFG?
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 05:06:01 PM »
I wouldn't want to see any change in the scale of the ships to be honest. A 10 inch battleship does nothing for me big models like that take up too much space and restrict the amount of real manoeuvrability on a gaming table.
I've played x-wing a few times and it is quite fun but no more than a giggle and a laugh. Armada I dislike though. I find it slow and very complicated (might be an age thing). Both are regularly played at our club. We also play BFG and that is well liked.
An issue I have with both x-wing and armada is that they are pay to win games. Its all about building up lists and paying cash for the next model/upgrade pack. It usually takes ages setting up as well. There are bits of cards and markers scattered all over the place. Personal preference (again probably my age) and all that but I decided quite quickly that the most I would do is buy an x-wing starter set for when young nephews turn up on a rainy day - haven't even bothered with that to be honest.
Pre-painted models are interesting but I'd rather do my own and impart my own personality/paint scheme on them. Even of the results are varied.
So. Please keep scale (and general mechanics even)the same

Offline Lyksus

• Loc: Danmark
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2015, 08:47:19 AM »
I hope to Odin that it'll be the same scale, maybe new models and do a warhammer aos on it so that there will be new rules for all the old ships.
I think the models are at a good size where as they are easy to transport, move around when playing and build terrain for etc.
So a 10" battleship thou cool would be unpractical, especially if you don't have a car to drive, and need to transport a hole fleet...  :)

Offline connahr

• Loc: shropshire
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2015, 09:52:53 AM »
I think the scale it good now

I also hope they don't go down the pre-painted and assembled route, that would be used as an excuse to make it so much more expensive and also take most of the fun out of the hobby. I do like x-wing, but it is pricey. I'd much pefer it if GW did the battleships and frigates in a modular design like they did the cruisers, basically just bring the models up to the standards of the other kits they make
theres no such thing as over kill, its just making sure