October 02, 2024, 03:17:40 PM

Author Topic: [WM] Gorrin's Warmaster lead pile.  (Read 21721 times)

Offline Gorrin

• Loc: West London
Re: [WM] Gorrin's Warmaster lead pile.
« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2015, 04:55:07 PM »
Very relevant question geep. I took literally no time over the two ME tiles I've done. My clump foliage is too high but I'm sure I could have sieved out smaller clumps had I wanted to.

I've secured it with hob e tac so it's very flexible and squashy so when turned over the tile is a little raised. However a little pressure forces it down and when connected it's less noticeable and less problematic.

I can't imagive it would be a hard job to file down the wooded flock area if you really wanted to either to give yourself a bit more foliage room.

I have one set of the (fantasy) tiles and found a 3d printer who printed me 20 blank tiles (single sided) which I will model with putty and clay. But I'm always on the lookout for more tiles!!!

Offline Gorrin

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2015, 08:55:52 PM »
Not been neglecting the WM. FINALLY acquired a chaos dragon then cut it up to make it more of an action pose.

Offline Gorrin

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2015, 08:58:31 PM »
Wings...

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2015, 11:03:03 PM »
It's an awkward POS isn't it? =-P

Did you pin it? Does it balance better?
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
« Reply #34 on: September 05, 2015, 07:19:55 AM »
Looking really good.  Nice idea for conversion.
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline Gorrin

« Reply #35 on: September 05, 2015, 10:19:49 AM »
I'm not really a fan of any of the GW dragon designs, they all seem to be balancing on their tails. I much prefer what Alexey has done with the Polar Fox Wyverns, they are in much better positions IMHO. Hence me chopping and changing this one a bit.

The arms are not pinned just glued and sealed with green stuff, but I did pin the back leg and the wings would have joined the back in a much higher position where as I wanted them to look like the dragon was gliding into a ground level attack. So these have both been pinned to each other and then pinned to the dragon's back, then sculpted quite a lot of green stuff to cover up the sizeable gaps. 

I had to cut about an inch and a half off the tail, so I've drilled into the main tail, inserted some pinning wire in there which I bent to make a bit of movement in the tail, I then built up rolled green stuff over the wire to make the tail.

SW - it does balance pretty well, I'm going to mount it on a Polar Fox clear base and to do so I've had to cut a chunk out of the dragon's belly. I did check the balance on the right style of base (now ruined by green stuff and superglue fingers!) but as I've ruined that one I've had to add some onto my last Polar Fox order!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #36 on: September 05, 2015, 01:58:36 PM »
Oh man, the one I had was so twisted, I had to pack the tail/base joint with green stuff.

The only GW dragon I don't like the look of is the zombie dragon, really, I just think they're a pain to put together. 

Offline Gorrin

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2015, 06:35:24 AM »
Just a couple of WIPs. Chaos dragon after a spray and some oil washes...and some slayers who are coming along nice and quickly due to their universal skin and beard colour! More soon.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2015, 03:49:22 PM »
Oi! You better not be painting them up better than me, I won't stand for that. =-P

Offline Gorrin

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2015, 04:39:36 PM »
Slayers or dragon? Gulp....you may have to fight these boys one day so don't be a hater @stormwind!

Not going to colours at the weekend are you?

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2015, 05:46:02 PM »
Ha ha, nah, they're beautiful!  The more painted lead on the table the better, especially if it means more games around here.

I'm afraid I'm working so I can't come.  I probably shouldn't go anyway as the last thing I need is to spend £80 on Infinity figures or £100 on scenery or £150 on some new pink elephant. =-P

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2015, 09:39:56 PM »
Really nice work ! I like the colour you use.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2015, 04:18:52 PM »
The work and paint on the dragon is amazing, wow

Offline Gorrin

« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2015, 04:35:02 PM »
Thanks for the kind words guys but most of the paint here is spray! Army painter "dragon red" for the top of the dragon and humbrol desert yellow for the underbelly!

Then a succession of oil washes over both with ocre and raw sienna on the bottom with aizarin and burnt umber for the top! Just spray and washes!

Offline Stuart Bleything

« Reply #44 on: October 24, 2015, 05:38:44 PM »
The results are truly  aweinspiring  .