October 01, 2024, 02:32:45 AM

Author Topic: Tell us your plans  (Read 17561 times)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
Tell us your plans
« on: August 02, 2015, 06:24:05 AM »
So , what are your plans? what are you painting, or planning to play?

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
Re: Tell us your plans
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 09:10:09 AM »
Beastmen. Lots of Beastmen ...

Hopefully an antidote to the Wood Elves that my son & heir is painting.
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:20:00 AM »
What are my plans? Over the next few months, paint the following stuff that I’ve already bought:

2 units Araby Spearmen
2 units Araby Bowmen
4 units Bretonnian Peasants
3 Wizards for Vampire Counts

All of the above using various Pendraken codes. Then paint a Chaos Army using the Evil Men range. Must admit I’m struggling to get my painting mojo going on that one. So far I’ve only done the Harpies, errm, Eyrnies and made a start on the characters but can’t really decide on the colour scheme for the army overall.

Once I get all that lot painted, I’ll have done just over 12000 points worth of figures since early January, adding various stuff to my existing Empire, Dwarf, O&G, Tomb Kings, Halfing, Dogs of War, Bretonnian and Araby armies. Included in the 12000 is a >3600 point Chaos dwarf army, using various Eureka, Kallistra/Pendraken, Polar Fox and Magister Militum figures.

The Hobgoblins (MM Goblin codes) from the Chaos Dwarves are also part of a Hobgoblin army I’m putting together, with an army list I’ve drafted. More infantry and wolf riders needed for that army.

I’m also part way through a Vampire Counts army, using Pendraken and Polar Fox stuff, just over 1850 points so far, all done since January. At some point I’ll get some zombies and cavalry from Kallistra and maybe some more Kallistra skeletons for that army.

Edit - Now I've seen Pendraken's new Warband Zombies, I think I'll be getting some of those instead of the Kallistra ones.

Beyond that? Probably some Polar Fox Trolls, to add to the O&G/Chaos/Hobgoblin armies. 2 units each of Magister Militum Dwarf Pikes and Crossbows to add to the DoW army - the crossbows could also double up as Rangers for the Dwarf army. Must get some more cavalry for the DoW as well, I’ve only got 5 mounted units so far.

Then I’ll move on to new armies, I’ve got rough plans for Kislev, High Elves and Norse – but I think that will be next year, not this!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 05:09:41 PM by andys »

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
Tell us your plans
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 10:28:43 AM »
Hmmmm...
The plan is to finish off summer and also to put my paintingstation back in order again... ;)

The local Warmastergroup is building new terrain for swedish open (you are all welcome!) and personally I plan to get more of my OnG's finished :)

We are also trying to start up a Mordheimcampaign so a Beastmen-warband needs creating and a lot of new terrain needs to be built.

Thats that I guess...
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline Gorrin

• Loc: West London
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2015, 11:32:51 AM »
All about Warmaster at the mo:

3,800 points of Elves
3,750 points of Dwarfs
2,700 points of Empiire
4,200 points of Chaos
3,500 points of Orcs and Goblins
2,200 points of Undead

That's a lot to get through...but on the workbench at the moment:

x1 Dwarf Warriors
x1 Orc Warrior
x1 Black Orcs
x1 Ironside PF Orcs

Dwarfs are being held up at the moment by me designing and printing some (very small) transfers for their little shields!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 01:45:42 PM »
The only things prepped for painting I have are Chaos and High Elves.  Resisting the urge to start prepping Lizardmen, Dark Elves, Empire etc.

Last year I barely painted anything.  This year I have painted more but it's still a fraction of what I intended.

Trying out colours for a Silver Helm unit now.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/

Offline dry_erase

• Loc: London
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2015, 09:01:46 PM »
Several projects on the go!

Empire - I have c. 3000 points painted and I'm currently expanding with a detachment of maritime-themed troops, including several units of excellent Warmonger swordsmen and the Landship I shared on here.

Early Germans - a very slow-moving project which involves painting thousands of hairy blokes in trousers. A mix of Magister Militum and Steve Barber.

Albion - using the Germans from the above as warriors, but with the addition of British chariots (Old Glory), Eureka warhound, "ogres" (Copplestone 15mm Picts - much more primitive than the GW ogres and a better fit), a Copplestone 15mm giant and various bits from other manufacturers for characters.

Undead - another slow-moving project, using almost entirely GW miniatures. Bone Dragon and an undead elephant both converted from Microworld.

Hobgoblins - slow progress as every single miniature is converted to look like the old Citadel hobgoblins! I've used mongols and steppe nomads from Old Glory, Pendraken and TB Line, with wolves from Copplestone as mounts. I've sculpted my own general and temple dog and used 28mm hyenas from Obelisk miniatures as hobhounds. This will be a "counts as" army, using the Kislev list.

I have some half-arsed thoughts about a Dogs of War and a Chaos army, but I'm trying to keep the new projects under control.

Offline marell le fou

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2015, 09:34:02 PM »
I'm working on 40K sceneries :

http://www.warhammer-forum.com/index.php?showtopic=233210

But i will be back to warmaster soon...

Offline Geep

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 02:03:08 AM »
Very nice terrain Marell- those rivets alone must have taken ages!

I've mostly been assembling Epic (as I have a local opponent for the next 5 months), and am still working on Vassal Warmaster. I have a huge amount of painting to do, but the lack of opponents reduces motivation there.

Offline Flogger

• Loc: Jönköping, Sweden
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2015, 08:16:44 AM »
Currently painting my Undead and building terrain for a Desert themed table to go with undead and Araby :)

Offline Aquahog

Sv: Tell us your plans
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2015, 01:23:31 PM »
Empire army with a mix of units from Reikland and surroundings.

Offline David Wasilewski

• Warmasterplaytest team
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2015, 07:41:39 AM »
Flitting backwards and forwards between painting terrain (4 citadel woods) for 28mm skirmish/role playing games and doing khorne chariots and spawn for my warmaster chaos.

Dave

Offline Dave

• Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2015, 01:02:42 PM »
I need to finish these:

And these:

I have a Bolt Thrower and Reavers set for priming, and Eagles that need to be finished. I also started converting some Dragon Princes, and have dreams of doing the same for White Lions, Lion Chariots and a dragon.

Offline Flogger

• Loc: Jönköping, Sweden
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2015, 12:43:16 PM »
What elves are those?  :o

Offline Dave

• Loc: Worcester, MA
    • The Epic Gamer
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2015, 01:03:18 PM »
Lothern Sea Guard conversions.