September 28, 2024, 06:20:08 PM

Author Topic: Any swedes?  (Read 3628 times)

Offline Flogger

• Loc: Jönköping, Sweden
Any swedes?
« on: July 13, 2015, 01:26:25 PM »
Hey guys!

I've been away for a week (you know, typical family holiday at grandmas place) and during that week I've gotten this urge to play warmaster. I'm a typical 40k player otherwise but ten years ago I played warmaster a bit.

I have about 1k of Undead and O&G and then another 400p of High Elves. I've been scouting these forums like crazy and I gotta say I'm impressed by all the alternative miniatures out there. My armies will definitely grow, hopefully up to 2k each and then I want a lizardmen army as well :)

So, are any of you all playing this game in Sweden at all? I'm located in Jönköping, Sweden.

Cheers!

/Flogger

Offline Aquahog

Re: Any swedes?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 05:17:22 PM »
I'm in Stenungsund. There's a big cluster of players in Borås and a yearly national championship on Allhelgonahelgen/BSK. Some more players along the west coast and down in Skåne too.

Offline Aquahog

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 05:19:28 PM »
Oh, and I have 2k Skaven and Dark Elves painted and all of the original six armies in various stages of painting.

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
Any swedes?
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 08:45:23 PM »
Hi Flogger!

Nice to hear you have gotten the urge to play some Warmaster again! :) It's a small community compared to 40k but very welcoming. We are at least 3 active players in Borås that try to go to most tournaments around the country. I'm the "new guy" having found the game about 1,5 years ago ;) I think there are also a few newcomers in Växjö + some very experienced in Halmstad and Linköping and Aquahog of course ^^

There might be a tournament at Warcon in Varberg this summer. Then of course the "big one" at BSK that Aquahog mentioned :) Armies available to borrow if you want to join in :)

Myself I am painting up my supersized Orc-army and still looking for some mini's to complete a Vampire Counts-army. That stuff is crazy hard to find. Looking forward to painting it up in about 2 years time ;)

You should look up the group "Warmaster (GW)" on facebook. Cheers :)
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline Flogger

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 09:10:23 PM »
Well then! Nice to hear!

Boràs is only about an hour from here!

I'm working on an Egyptian themed table at the moment to go with the tomb kings and then it'll be a grass table for the orcs and goblins.

We host tournaments all the time for 40k so I figure it might be fun to do the same with warmaster if we are enough people. Ur perhaps just organize a gaming meetup? :)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 09:47:07 PM »
I am very far away from Sweden, but only want to welcome you to the forum,

About your proyects, I am sure you are aware but if not let me comment the state of the marker;

Eureka had released a superb lizards range, and magister millium also had lizards. You also have the two ranges of Pendraken lizardmen in greek classic style and tribal lizardmen more stone age lizards. Finally you could by some  irregular lizards which in my humble opinion are more cartoonish.
To customize your army you could have some "cold blood" units to give colour to y our army as eureka sankemen or pendraken fishmen or the range of magister militum dinosaurs.

About the egyptian undead, you could contact berzermonkey or Dave of Warmonger and try to grab some super superb skellies egytpian. Also Pendraken have some Anubis and skellies of egyptian mitology, and mummies. Magiste rmillitum have some 10mm crockhead guys and jackal headdudes.

Hope it helps and welcome back to warmaster...

Offline Flogger

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 10:33:41 PM »
Eureka is exactly my plan for the lizardmen, they have everything there! And hey all look amazing :)

Will look into the undead info! Thanks!

Thanks for the welcome!

Offline mathiasrapp

• Lurker
    • Loc: Melbourne, AUS
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2015, 01:42:29 PM »
I'm from Gothenburg, living in Melbourne, Australia now but I try to go back to Sweden every summer or so.

I"m thinking of building 2 smaller Armies there next summer so that I can have some games whilst on holiday!

Anyone know if there is a scene in GBG?

Could be cool to travel around somewhere to game too!

- Mathias

Offline Aquahog

« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2015, 06:23:46 AM »
No scene such that I know of. There are a few players sprinkled around the greater Gothenburg area though. Please feel free to send me a pm when you get back if you're up for a game.

Offline mathiasrapp

• Lurker
    • Loc: Melbourne, AUS
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2016, 08:28:48 AM »
Sorry for late reply! I'll be in sweden July 11 - august 13 so will either bring bits of my armies, or build a new one over there.  Could be cool to get a game played!

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
Any swedes?
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2016, 08:44:46 AM »
Gametime! I'll talk to the locals and maybe we can arrange something at our club. :)

/Mlkr
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2016, 11:34:05 AM »
Don't be afraid to post on the Trades and Services section asking to buy models.

High Elves, Undead etc. are the more common factions to find blisters for.
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/