September 15, 2024, 07:17:36 PM

Author Topic: Fighters vs bombers  (Read 1948 times)

Offline Lyksus

• Loc: Danmark
Fighters vs bombers
« on: June 09, 2015, 10:41:59 AM »
Hello folks...

Let's say that the 1 fighter attacks a formation of 3 bombers, how do I resolve that? We always played it that all bombers in the wave die, but after watching some batrep on the YouTubes, they only remove one bomber squad not the hole wave? :-\
I guess the hole torpedoe wave dies in the case of 1 fighter against 9 torpedoes for instance... :)

Offline Bessemer

• Loc: UK
Re: Fighters vs bombers
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 04:17:48 PM »
In the case of AC, it's 1 for 1, so in your example 1 fighter against 3 bombers would leave 2 bombers. But yes, vs Torpedoes 1 fighter removes tho whole thing!

The key word in the rules with regards to ordnance interaction is "Marker". An AC wave may move and act as a single unit, but for the purposes of fighters vs bombers/assault boats, each squadron is still one "Marker".
For torpedoes, the whole salvo is considered 1 "Marker", regardless of strength. So yes, 4 lunars in a squadron combine their torpedoes into a str 24 marker, one fighter takes down the whole thing!

For this reason alone we use the following house rule:
Each fighter Squadron removes D6 torpedoes from a salvo, racial skills/expert pilots re-rolling. If a Target vessel has fighters on CAP, you may declare how may squadrons shall intercept the incoming Salvo, minimum 1 fighter per attacking salvo. Once declared, any surviving torpedoes will attack the vessel ignoring any remaining markers on CAP.

Hope that clears things up :)
I refuse to be killed by something I've never heard of.

Offline Lyksus

• Loc: Danmark
Re: Fighters vs bombers
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 04:54:39 PM »
Yes...  Yes it does thanks for the clarification!  :)