August 05, 2024, 05:19:43 AM

Author Topic: Torpedo Markers  (Read 2415 times)

Offline CyberShadow

• Administrator
  • Swarm Tyrant
    • Loc: Singapore
    • CyberShadows Hobby Blog
Torpedo Markers
« on: May 20, 2015, 06:02:10 AM »
I wanted to model up some torpedo (missile) counters for my new fleet. I prefer to have a single marker, and then track the missile strength with a dice or other counter. I know that the original BFG torpedo counters had different sized bases, depending on the torpedo strength.

1. So, were 'official' torpedo counters every produced (for example, by FW), and if so what base size were they on? I know that FW attack craft were on the old 20mm x 20mm Epic bases, and I am using that size for my Barracuda and Manta minis.

2. If no counters were every produced, what sized base would be acceptible to include all strength size of torpedos? Larger bases are easier to shoot at, but also hit their target easier, so it would seem to balance out.

3. How big are the official torpedo counters in the BFG box?

4. If your opponent turned up with these modelled torpedo counters, would it be a problem if they were all the same size no matter the torpedo strength?

Thanks.
My blog: http://www.cybershadow.ninja
The Tactical Wargames Network: www.tacticalwargames.net

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: Torpedo Markers
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2015, 12:18:55 PM »
Well, then be happy and read FAQ2010:

Torpedo strength is now always a str3 marker from the original marker with a Dice on top to show the strength of the salvo.  8)

Str3 marker = 22mm wide 17mm long

So a 2x2 base will do.

Offline CyberShadow

• Administrator
  • Swarm Tyrant
    • Loc: Singapore
    • CyberShadows Hobby Blog
Re: Torpedo Markers
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 05:46:58 AM »
Well, thats great news! Thank you. I will make my own counters on 20mm x 20mm bases then. All Ahead Full!
My blog: http://www.cybershadow.ninja
The Tactical Wargames Network: www.tacticalwargames.net