September 09, 2024, 11:18:54 PM

Author Topic: ASC 2.0 Rogue Trader, AdMech, Inq, SoB, Arbites Development  (Read 9475 times)

Offline TheIronPrice

• Loc: San Diego
Re: ASC 2.0 Rogue Trader, AdMech, Inq, SoB, Arbites Development
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2015, 04:44:41 PM »
Wouldnt sob also have bombardment cannons?

Offline Gothmog Lord of Balrogs

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2015, 04:51:36 PM »
Wouldnt sob also have bombardment cannons?

I was thinking about that. I hesitated though, so didn't do it. They aren't really a Planetary Assault force, and since they are used through INQ fleets, they also don't have the effective lance limitation that Marines have.
"Give me a thousand men crazy enough to conquer Hell and we shall do it!"
www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com
sepulchreofheroes@gmail.com

Offline TheIronPrice

« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2015, 04:59:33 PM »
Okay yeah that makes sense. The other thing that just occurred to me was something for exterminatus but that's really more scenario specific isn't it?

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #18 on: June 23, 2015, 05:22:57 PM »
Yeah. And usually SM in the fluff are used for that. Otherwise the ecclesiarchy would just be wasting planets left and right because of the smallest heresy  ;)

What we're you thinking though?

Offline TheIronPrice

« Reply #19 on: June 23, 2015, 05:44:47 PM »
Yeah that doesn't sound like something the inquisition would do...  Off the top of my head I'd imagine a special torpedo. Let me think on it some more though. Theoretically depending on the mass of the projectile and the % of the speed of light it gets to a nova cannon on its own would do the trick. But that's splitting hairs.

Offline novemberrain

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
I think the SoB are more likely to have things like Melta Torpedoes or Barrage Bombs than outright Bombardment Cannons...

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2015, 05:50:34 PM »
Hmm, perhaps you could split the Adepta Sororitas up between the military arm of the Ecclessiarchy and the military arm of the Ordo Hereticus. Perhaps this could still be one list, but depending on who the commander/warlord of the fleet is, the Adepta Sororitas would be Ecclessiarchy or Inquisition.

Each possibility could have specific options/upgrades for the fleet. So whilst the Ecclessiarchy might not have Bombardment Cannons, the Inquisition would have access to those.

Food for thought...
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 07:33:54 AM »
Sorry, been busy

Love the melta torpedo/barrage bomb idea

As for the INQ/Ecclesiarch separation. There isn't going to be a seperate SoB fleet. Basically they will have a few character ships to take along with either IN or INQ. INQ already has its own fleet list, some of which have Bombardment Cannons. But the Sisters themselves don't...

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2015, 08:04:40 AM »
2 Sisters of Battle Battleships done

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2015, 06:18:37 AM »
""The Adeptus Soriatas is known and feared throughout the galaxy. They are the daughters of the Emperor, his most zealous and pious warriors who lead the many Wars of Faith against the enemies of Man.
Even though the Orders Militant of the Sororitas serve as the armed arm of the Ecclesiarchy, they primarily rely on the greater Imperium for transportation and war amongst the stars. However, some Orders maintain a handful of warships. Of these none is more venerable or as reknown as the St. Dominica’s Vengeance of the Order of the Ebon Chalice.
Saint Alicia Dominica is the Patron Saint of the Adeptus Sororitas and the founder of the Order of the Ebon Chalice. During the Age of Aposty she served as the leader of the Brides of the Emperor, the bodyguard of the High Lord Goge Vandire and the most elite cadre of the 10,000 strong Daughters of the Emperor. During the climax of the Reign of Blood, multiple Astartes chapters, joined by the Adeptus Custodes and Adeptus Mechanicus, laid seige to Vandire’s Ecclesiarchal Palace. A small Custodian strike force was able to sneak within the palace and confronted Dominica and her Brides. The Custodes Centurion was able to force a truce between the Custodians and Brides long enough to bring Dominica before the Emperor. It is unknown what transpired behind the doors of the Eternity Gate, however when Dominica emerged from the Throne Room, she was filled with righteous anger, finally aware of Vandire’s treatchery and perversions of faith. Dominica then negotiated a ceasefire between the Imperials and the Daughters and then entered Vandire’s chambers. There she found him plotting his next move over a galactic map. Upon pronouncing him a traitor she executed him with her power sword, cutting his Rosarius in half, the very one he had utilized to deceive the Daughters into his service with.
In 650.M36, the Living Saint Dominica finally fell during the Scouring of Frideswide’s World, falling to a single las beam. Upon her death, Ecclesiarch Equitus IX established the office Abess of the Adepta Sororitas, named her the Patron Saint of the Sistehood, and commissioned the vessel St. Dominica’s Vengeance, all in her honour.""