October 06, 2024, 01:17:30 AM

Author Topic: Mlkr's plog and misc.  (Read 49825 times)

Offline Bel

• Answer_mods
    • Loc: Somewhere in Siberia
    • PolarFox
Re: Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2015, 08:13:02 AM »
Decided to paint them + Trolls from Polar Fox

Don't forget to insert the 'vomit' peace into the mouth of appropriate troll  ;)

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #31 on: April 23, 2015, 11:29:18 AM »
Will certainly do ^^ 1-2 trolls will probably be put as bodyguards for characters. Maybe the pukong one ;D
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline mlkr

Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2015, 10:33:56 PM »
So, I started on the night goblins - cleaned about 9 units from flash and pondered how to paint them and such. While doing this I noticed it would be possible to split some strips in half without cutting into any gobbos! Why would I do this you ask? For greater variation of looks in the units :) also - since these will take some time to finish I might as well go all out :P

You can actuallly cut all variations of strips in half. I think it's only one strip where I had to cut a bow a bit short but it wont be noticed. So my plan is to cut about half or 2/3 of my strips and then mix and match them together. Hopefully creating a more chaotic look to the units when they are done :)

Pictures attached. First is the regular look (but already split) and second and third are mixed. More combinations possible :)
« Last Edit: May 15, 2016, 04:48:59 PM by mlkr »

Offline Geep

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2015, 04:02:18 AM »
Neat idea. I may consider this when I get back around to painting my goblins.

Offline Toon

« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2015, 07:44:26 PM »
If you want to increase the variation of your units even more, you can add single miniatures from other units. As an example: I removed two saurus warriors from a stripe and placed a single kroxigor on their spot. You could do a similar thing by replacing some goblins with a troll. Or maybe a goblin on a wolf? Or adding some goblin characters to a front rank of a unit? For my orc and goblin army I am thinking of adding some of the rare spider riders to some goblin units.

Cant wait to see your goblin horde :)

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2015, 07:58:00 PM »
Sounds good to me, I can't wait to see what it becomes!  "Do it up!"

Offline mlkr

Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2015, 08:55:51 PM »
If you want to increase the variation of your units even more, you can add single miniatures from other units...

This is an excellent idea! :D I was thinking I could maybe use half a strip on a characterstand but adding a little bit of everything to the gobbos on a larger scale would be really cool ^_^

The gobbos will take a long time to get done though. Will try out painting on black undercoat on the gobbos that I have for my rocklobbas but I am more fond of white undercoat so we will see...

Waiting for some paints and sprays thats in the mail so that I can base my trolls.

Picture - Polar Fox Trolls getting the treatment and 3 rocklobbas getting some paint on them.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2015, 08:59:09 PM by mlkr »

Offline mlkr

Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2015, 09:00:41 PM »
Here we go.

Offline mlkr

Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2015, 10:14:50 PM »
Setback! Made some mistakes while painting my rocklobbas. The yellow one went and took a bath because I glued the "hand" on wrong and therefore some details went upside down when assembled. I failed in another way on the other two lobbas. As of now both right-side pieces are painted red and both left are painted brown... So when assembled both lobbers are brown/red... It works, so I might keep it because I can't be bothered. Pictures to come.

Offline mlkr

Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #39 on: May 01, 2015, 08:08:24 PM »
Forgot to add pictures when I took them but here they are. I will probably keep them as is just because of the hassle to strip them.

Offline Geep

« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2015, 03:33:54 AM »
Do you even need to strip them? You can paint around the metal- is there much detail on the wood that may be lost?

Offline mlkr

« Reply #41 on: May 03, 2015, 05:22:58 PM »
hmmm, maybe not - I painted them with diluted paint over white, so there is a lot of shading not shown in my pictures that will probably need some work.. Will think about it.

Offline Zorcon

• Loc: United States
    • Zorcon's Word
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2015, 10:52:06 PM »
Love the BB pitch!
Bigger is better. If bigger wasn't better, then it wasn't big enough!

Offline mlkr

Mlkr's plog and misc.
« Reply #43 on: May 11, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »
Just a quick update on tonights work. Polar Fox-trolls will be joining their GW-brethren on the bases. Not quite done but almost! Hopefully dipped tomorrow and based the day after that. Ready just in time for a 10 person tournament on Thursday! :D

These sculpts are really good and will tie in well with what I already have painted. I decided to paint the cloth tied around their arms and legs like metal sincethe GW-sculpts have this. Thinking about adding some squigs to some of the bases for a colourfull presence on the table.

More updates to come. Enjoy!

Offline Stormwind

• Veteran member
  • Ben Sibbald | Newcastle, UK
« Reply #44 on: May 11, 2015, 11:17:35 PM »
Looking great hun =)
My Personal & Modelling Blog >>http://theancienttrack.blogspot.co.uk/