July 27, 2024, 09:25:33 PM

Author Topic: ASC 2.0 Chaos Development  (Read 35379 times)

Offline Gothmog Lord of Balrogs

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
Re: ASC 2.0 Chaos Development
« Reply #75 on: May 17, 2016, 08:53:55 AM »
AWESOME!!! THANKS!!!
SHOULD MAKE IT IN THIS WEEK!
"Give me a thousand men crazy enough to conquer Hell and we shall do it!"
www.sepulchreofheroes.blogspot.com
sepulchreofheroes@gmail.com

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2016, 01:25:51 AM »
A little late, but an updated look on the Dethroner. Also tweaked the rules you gave a little BUT very much still the same ship. Thanks.

Offline Fr05ty

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2016, 11:46:04 PM »
A little late, but an updated look on the Dethroner. Also tweaked the rules you gave a little BUT very much still the same ship. Thanks.

I like the prow cleaning, don't like the back of it though :( Feels too much like a GK crossed with a Chaos cruiser (especially with the weird vanes coming down at the rear and in the middle of the ship)
What did you change rules-wise?

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #78 on: June 23, 2016, 12:17:26 AM »
I wanted to use your image but it wasn't cleaning up well with the limited setup I have, so I had to start from scratch and used an apoc as the base. Tried to make it look a little more like a traditional imperial ship in doing so due to the fluff. The rear find is the standard apocalypse fin, just with the aquilla removed. Also changed the keel using a repulsive I believe

As for rules I bumped the wb down to 45 but upped the lances to 60, however at s2. This was done primarily to be different than the Majestic, Despoiler and desecrator, giving it a more concrete fleet role.  There was nothing wrong with you version,  just needed to be "more different", you know?

Also made it that you get 3d6 AAF along with the 5cm speed if you take the engine upgrade.

Offline lord_blackfang

• Loc: Slovenia
« Reply #79 on: June 26, 2016, 08:59:54 AM »
Excuse me, but is there a point to these schematics? It's not like anyone will build them. A lot of them can't even be physically built.

Offline harec

« Reply #80 on: June 26, 2016, 09:44:01 AM »
Excuse me, but is there a point to these schematics? It's not like anyone will build them. A lot of them can't even be physically built.

Well they are quite useful as inspiration, specially for modellers.
What do you mean by nobody and physically?. :o
I colaborate with a spanish blog called profanus40k.
http://profanus40k.blogspot.com.es/

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #81 on: June 26, 2016, 10:04:18 AM »
The underestimation of resin, 3d printing and quality modelers. ;)

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #82 on: June 26, 2016, 03:03:01 PM »
I actually use partsome from existing sematics almost exclusively so people can attempt to model them. I have made a few myself. And there are ALOT of 3d and resin bits or suitable proxies floating around the Internet. Also, they are there as a "guideline". Ifor someone makes one, they don't need to follow it exactly,  but they get a good idea of what the end design should be similar to

The biggest thing is each ship needs to look different and grounded in the big universe.

Offline Xca|iber

• *Transcribing Intensifies*
« Reply #83 on: June 26, 2016, 05:43:17 PM »
Hey Gothmog, I was working on the BFG:XR Chaos list and I had an idea for a Chaos ship that I think would fit well in the ASC. (It's a little too out there for the regular fleet doc, in any case  ;) ).

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Black Ark, Voice of Hal........400 Points
Type/Hits: Battleship/12
Speed: 20cm
Turns: 45
Shields: 4
Armor: 5+
Turrets: 5

Armaments:
Dorsal Lance Battery: R60cm, S2, Left/Front/Right
Dorsal Torpedo Launcher: Sp30cm, S6, Left/Front/Right

Port Obliterator Array:
.........Gunnery: R60cm, S8, Left
.........Lances: R60cm, S2, Left
.........Turrets: +2 Turrets Value

Starboard Obliterator Array:
.........Gunnery: R60cm, S8, Right
.........Lances: R60cm, S2, Right
.........Turrets: +2 Turrets Value

Prow Obliterator Array
.........Gunnery: R60cm, S12, Front
.........Lances: R60cm, S3, Front
.........Nova Cannon: R30-150cm, S1, Front

Special Rules: The Voice of Hal is ponderous and cannot use Come to New Heading special orders. In addition, it is a unique vessel; only one may be included in your fleet. If taken in a campaign, it must be designated as your flagship.

Obliterator Arrays: The Voice of Hal's weapon arrays have been slowly corrupted by the Obliterator Virus, fusing guns with their crews over the last ten thousand years, transforming the ship into a bizarre hybrid of flesh and technology. At the start of each of your shooting phases, you must choose which mode each of your Obliterator Arrays will use from the types listed in their profiles (each may use a different mode, if desired). An array cannot use the same mode it used on your previous turn (if any), unless the ship is on Lock On special orders. The choice of mode lasts until the start of your next shooting phase. Lastly, due to the regenerative properties of the Obliterator Virus, damaged Obliterator Arrays are repaired on a roll of 4+ instead of 6 (all other systems must be repaired normally).

Spectral Shielding: The Voice of Hal uses an advanced but unstable form of void shields stolen from the Martian Vaults of Forbidden Technology at the dawn of the Horus Heresy. Each time the vessel is hit (and its shields are up), roll a D6. On a result of 5+, the hit is absorbed completely - do not place a blast marker. On a result of 1, the shield belches forth a cloud of debris from previously absorbed hits - place two blast markers instead of one. Otherwise, the hit impacts the vessel's shields normally. When suffering multiple hits, resolve each hit one at at time until there are no more hits to resolve or the ship's shields run out (any remaining hits affect the ship's hull as normal).

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Anyway, that's it. Just a silly evil version of the Ark Mechanicus, since I was thinking there's no real representation of obliterators (one of my favorite Chaos units) in BFG. If you think the numbers need tweaking, have at it; this is just a sketch. Feel free to change whatever you want!

P.S. Also, would you be able to take the Heretic, Unbeliever, and Schismatic CLs from the BFGR Chaos book into the ASC? I'm cutting down the CL choices in the BFG:XR Chaos book (due to the voting from before BFGR went into limbo) but I don't think they deserve to be completely scrubbed.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 05:46:30 PM by Xca|iber »
++Ask Not, Fear Not++
-------------------------
BFG:XR - The Battlefleet Gothic Expanded Revised Rules Project

• Lord of the Seven
    • Sepulchre of Heroes
« Reply #84 on: June 26, 2016, 09:59:54 PM »
I'll take a better look at your ship later. Got a long drive today and tomorrow. I like the idea of a chaos ark mechanicus.

As for the light cruisers, yes I can, but I think they should stay in BFG:R for 3 reasons

1- that vote was small and so long ago. They have been part of it for so long that it is kinda understood they are in bfg:r
2- chaos light cruisers are canon now in all the dark heresy/rogue trader rpgs, where they didn't used to be.
3- they are also now in the BFG video game too, lending even more credibility and officiality to their existence.
4- because of 2 and 3, new players are expecting chaos cl, and I virtually guarantee that they will show up in the rerelease (whenever that will be). And imo we should look forward and make these projects for new players and not just old gronards (the old voting base) as that is what is keeping the game alive. On the largest BFG facebook (I am an admin) group there is more activity from people starting BFG than the vets, trust me.

Basically the old argument "they don't belong and aren't in anything official" is no longer true. As such I really REALLY hope you keep them. But if you do ditch them I will pick them up.

Offline Xca|iber

• *Transcribing Intensifies*
« Reply #85 on: June 27, 2016, 12:16:27 AM »
I'll take a better look at your ship later. Got a long drive today and tomorrow. I like the idea of a chaos ark mechanicus.

As for the light cruisers, yes I can, but I think they should stay in BFG:R for 3 reasons

1- that vote was small and so long ago. They have been part of it for so long that it is kinda understood they are in bfg:r
2- chaos light cruisers are canon now in all the dark heresy/rogue trader rpgs, where they didn't used to be.
3- they are also now in the BFG video game too, lending even more credibility and officiality to their existence.
4- because of 2 and 3, new players are expecting chaos cl, and I virtually guarantee that they will show up in the rerelease (whenever that will be). And imo we should look forward and make these projects for new players and not just old gronards (the old voting base) as that is what is keeping the game alive. On the largest BFG facebook (I am an admin) group there is more activity from people starting BFG than the vets, trust me.

Basically the old argument "they don't belong and aren't in anything official" is no longer true. As such I really REALLY hope you keep them. But if you do ditch them I will pick them up.

Ah, I did not know that about the Dark Heresy/Rogue Trader RPGs. I knew there was a new one in BFGA but I haven't done anything with it. In that case, I can put the CLs back into the book. It shouldn't be too difficult; probably just a 1-page add before I finalize it.

Take your time with the Chaos Ark. It was just something I thought of in the shower and wanted to write it down before I forgot  ;D
++Ask Not, Fear Not++
-------------------------
BFG:XR - The Battlefleet Gothic Expanded Revised Rules Project

Offline Chios

« Reply #86 on: June 27, 2016, 03:27:26 PM »
I like the Chaos Ark, I think a whole ship with the obliterator virus is a nice idea. If Deamons can infest anything from a sword to a Battlecruiser, the Obliterator-virus paired with a ship full of Dark Mechanicus lunatics would HAVE to end up taking over the vessel like you proposed!

That said, I was biased from the moment I read the name of the ship! ;D

Haven't had a closer look at your posted stats or point costs, so no input from me on that front. The only thing I'm not so sure about is the improved Holofield paired with a shield strength of 4... it seems a little excessive, but keep in mind I haven't considered the points cost as of yet, and I'm a pretty new player myself. I leave the finetunig to other, more experienced people, saying only that the idea is frickin cool! 8)

Offline ErikModi

• Loc: Minnesota
« Reply #87 on: June 28, 2016, 01:57:34 PM »
Ooh, which BFG Facebook group?

Offline Fr05ty

« Reply #88 on: October 24, 2016, 10:08:20 PM »
Got a suggestion:

There are BFG ships hidden in the Horus Heresy books, so you could add those (they don't have rules so you'd have to make them) to the Compendium :)

Love the Tribune with its planetary assault petard!
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 05:33:40 AM by Fr05ty »

Offline Fr05ty

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2018, 05:46:27 PM »
Hey Gothmog, just noticed a funky thing: The Scylior, the modified Sword class Frigate from the Space Marines has 40cm range for its weapons batteries. Is this intended or a typo? Shouldn't it be 45cm or 30cm?

Also, the Conquest class Star Galleon was only supposed to have broadside weaponry, no dorsal or prow weapons. I'm guessing you changed it for design purposes, but wouldn't it make more sense to create another Star Galleon class with the current Conquest's loadout and keep the Conquest as a full WB broadside transport grand cruiser?

Love so many of the new designs you've done. The Lone Serpent as you've done it feels a lot better than the old one, also the use of the Nihontu's prow makes it so pretty! Please keep it up :)