October 18, 2024, 07:17:40 PM

Author Topic: [BFG] Solving an Unusual 'Problem'  (Read 1872 times)

Offline Zorcon

• Loc: United States
    • Zorcon's Word
[BFG] Solving an Unusual 'Problem'
« on: November 24, 2014, 11:55:22 PM »
[BFG] Solving an Unusual 'Problem'

My wargaming friends have either moved away or play other wargames. The rest of my gaming group only plays RPGs and board games. Fortunately I get to play BFG with my son (and surprisingly) with Mrs Zorcon. So far we have played 5 500pt games and we just finished a 1000pt game a few days ago. On average we can only fit about 2 hours of game time each night, and our games are taking 4-6 hours.

At first, I thought the length of our games was attributed to (re)learning the game and teaching it to non-gamers. But me thinks the real reason our games are taking so long is likely due to both my wife and son have ADHD. They both have short attentions spans and sometimes getting them to stay seated is like herding cats.

To the point of this post (finally). We are finding it difficult to track which ships have ordinance. I have tried having them mark it on their sheet, but that isn't always accurate.

This is what I came up with--A magnetized bauble. At the moment, I only have yellow, but the craft store has a variety of colors. For ships with both launch bays and torpedoes, I will have 2 of these baubles.
Bigger is better. If bigger wasn't better, then it wasn't big enough!

Offline Geep

Re: [BFG] Solving an Unusual 'Problem'
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2014, 03:18:54 AM »
That's not a bad idea. I'm lucky enough to have the Epic/BFG dice, but I've more than once forgotten to move it with the ship  :-\
I know what you mean about the herding cats comment  :P ADHD can be a fun one...

Offline Zorcon

• Loc: United States
    • Zorcon's Word
Re: [BFG] Solving an Unusual 'Problem'
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2014, 03:30:23 AM »
The dice work great unless you don't launch that turn, or the next! :)

Frankly, when we 'pause' the game for the night, we could do a better job marking re-loads (or never launched)--We have to make cat-astrophe allowances anyway. But I struggle remembering which ships reloaded 2 turns ago (ie 2 hours ago) and weather they have launched yet or not.
Bigger is better. If bigger wasn't better, then it wasn't big enough!