August 03, 2024, 11:16:17 PM

Author Topic: Helian Frigate  (Read 19451 times)

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
Re: Helian Frigate
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2015, 08:37:53 AM »
Aaaaaaand to get an idea of the scale:
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline DinoDoc

• Loc: Oxford, MS
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2015, 07:47:43 PM »
Aaaaaaand to get an idea of the scale:

Your pic doesn't work.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #32 on: January 09, 2015, 08:04:45 PM »
Works perfectly fine here.

Offline DinoDoc

• Loc: Oxford, MS
« Reply #33 on: January 09, 2015, 08:09:10 PM »
Works perfectly fine here.
This is the message I get from following this link in his post: You are not authorised to download this attachment.

Offline horizon

• Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
« Reply #34 on: January 09, 2015, 08:53:02 PM »
When I click that link the image opens on a new tab and with right-click I can download it.
The picture is a link from resinaddict.com, so perhaps you need to be logged in on that forum to have it available as a download.

Or it might be a problem with your browser?

For convenience I attached the picture in an attachment.

Offline Dono1979

• Loc: Canberra
« Reply #35 on: January 09, 2015, 10:20:31 PM »
I suspect that only members of the Resin Addict forum will be able to see the original pic clearly though, probably something to do with the forum setup

Offline Dono1979

• Loc: Canberra
« Reply #36 on: January 09, 2015, 10:21:51 PM »
nice! So looking to be about Sword/Firestorm size

Offline andydorman

• Loc: Leeds
Helian Frigate
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2015, 11:37:14 PM »
I so want these and I in no way need them! Beautiful, beautiful work, and done in the - pretty much - old fashioned way! Superb stuff.

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2015, 12:22:37 PM »

First resin cast of the Helian Frigate. More will be made which will then be used as production masters to make the production moulds from. It won't be long now until we add them to the BGH store!
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline mangozac

• Resin Addict
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2015, 10:07:27 AM »
Hey guys sorry I haven't posted here in a bit. For some reason I didn't receive the topic reply notification emails I had configured :(

The reason that the picture linked from the RA forum wouldn't show is because it was shared in a private subforum that is only visible to members. So it can't be hotlinked ;)

I had a few issues with the mould of the Frigate hull and just couldn't get satisfactory casts so I've had to reorient it and make a new mould. But I'm excited to report that the new mould is perfect and I've been pumping out perfect quality copies to use as production masters. Hopefully I'll start making the production moulds tomorrow night, then it shouldn't be too much longer until they're available for sale!

Offline fracas

• WarMancer
« Reply #40 on: February 04, 2015, 04:45:38 PM »
Awesome

Offline Inquisitor Earl

• Lurker
    • Loc: New Zealand
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2015, 05:17:27 AM »
Will you be selling them individually? I'm keen for 5.

I did notice a few tiny spheres of resin on my cruiser hulls but they weren't too hard to remove. Looks they were air bubbles in the mould. No worries though as i know how difficult it can be to make perfect casts in resin ( do they even exist? :) )

Just thinking that if you do get bad casts, you could sell them to make drifting wrecks. I'd love to make a few exploded ships!

Offline mangozac

• Resin Addict
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2015, 05:23:22 AM »
Will you be selling them individually? I'm keen for 5.

I did notice a few tiny spheres of resin on my cruiser hulls but they weren't too hard to remove. Looks they were air bubbles in the mould. No worries though as i know how difficult it can be to make perfect casts in resin ( do they even exist? :) )

Just thinking that if you do get bad casts, you could sell them to make drifting wrecks. I'd love to make a few exploded ships!
The plan is to sell them in packs of three, so you'll end up with a spare ;)

Out of interest, where exactly were the spheres on your cruiser? I'm only aware of one in the exposed decks behind the aftmost weapons recess in one of the moulds I have.

I do have a handful of miscasts with hollowed out areas due to bubbles. Selling them cheap for use as hulks isn't a bad idea!

Offline Inquisitor Earl

• Lurker
    • Loc: New Zealand
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2015, 06:32:02 AM »
If you look at the hull as if its closing, the spheres were in the top corners of the exposed decks and one in the middle of the right side exposed deck. i just drilled or popped them out with a sharp blade and tidied up.

Two packs it is. Definitely keen on making some hulks so let us know if you decide to sell the miscasts.

Offline mangozac

• Resin Addict
« Reply #44 on: February 05, 2015, 06:43:02 AM »
Ahh yeah that was only on the original mould - indeed I figured that anybody who noticed them would have the skill to pop them out with a knife. I'm transitioning to a new silicone and vacuuming process for the moulds which will guarantee this kind of flaw won't occur.

I'm happy to sell you some miscasts - drop me a line at my username at resinaddict.com and we can tee it up ;)