September 07, 2024, 12:20:32 PM

Author Topic: Any Players in Bay Area/SF?  (Read 43687 times)

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
Re: Any Players in Bay Area/SF?
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2014, 02:49:15 PM »
I’m in Tracy about a hour east of SF, a hour south of Sac town.  If you wanted to meet up at my place I’ve got a 30 X 40 foot open room with Air conditioning.  I also have a bunch of tables and chairs, secure parking and no neighbors.  If we’re looking for a meeting location my place is a option.   We’ve just started playing BFG and have done a bunch of small games.  Shoot we even play with counters at times.  We’re still figuring out the rules and flow of Da Game.  Ahhhhhhh Timdb, why is it you Nurgle folk are always so willing to share…………………………

Offline capt044

• Loc: SF East bay
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2014, 02:55:23 PM »
Sundays generally work for me I am in Livermore so Tracy is great for me.

I haven't played in quite a while. the stores supporting the game just kind of disappeared. But as long as we aren't in a tournament players can resolve the problem and keep the flow of the game moving. Nothing kills the fun like stopping for  a rules check.

Sounds like fun

Offline timdp

• Loc: Northern California, USA
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2014, 09:43:02 PM »
Your space sounds great Gun, but it makes a 2 hour plus drive for me. The Fairfield location (Gold Hill Rd, just off 680) is just over an hour from Sebastopol, Citrus Heights and Tracy, so is very centrally located

I'm expecting game play to be very casual/fun with newer guys learning the rules.

Offline capt044

« Reply #18 on: July 05, 2014, 09:39:52 PM »
Sac area is fine put up some possible dates and let's see if we can make it work

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2014, 11:34:25 PM »
newb question! Would we be using BFG:R? Or standard rules? I don't know the difference but i'm going to start downloading what i need to read and want to make sure i got everything correct.

Blind-

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2014, 12:35:59 AM »
I’m good with where ever we play, I’m just offering up my fortress as I know I have lots of space, no time constraints, AC, plenty of tables, 12 acres of secure parking and what have you.  Now to be frank it’s convent for me and it means my dogs can hang out too!  Cute little cuddly types……………………………  Ummmmmmm yes, friendly games please!  I’m very new and I prefer good times and good people.  Right now we are using the blue book rules as we figured we should learn the basics before we venture into BFG:R and beyond.  I’m good with what everyone else want to play by, but be nice as you’re getting us up to speed.  If we opt in the end for my place, bad tempered players will be running me Squig Hound gauntlet!  If we play elsewhere then I’ll do the propa Blood Axe thing and disappear and perhaps be waiting in the back of yer ride fer when da game is ova.

Offline timdp

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2014, 03:23:50 AM »
So the possible Sunday dates are July 27 or Aug 3rd. Still waiting for a confirmation from Greg as to whether either of the dates will work for him.

Rules: Was thinking about starting with the blue book just to get everyone up to speed with the basics of the game. Would like to move to BGR relatively quickly because the points costs are more balanced. This is obviously open for discussion...

Gun wun, sounds like your place would be perfect for a full weekend BFG minicon, assuming there is overnight floor/crash space. We have done these at Greg's or my place occasionally. Two days of gaming makes the two hour drive worthwhile...

Tim

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2014, 07:41:30 AM »
What i'm thinking about the rules is, if we just start learning BFG:R I would be interested in doing that. But I am with what everyone else thinks. I'm a little lost on which rules to start looking at when i went to the afterimagedan Blog, can someone in the know post a link to the rules i should start off looking at?

I'm not sure i can work with this dates, and heres why. I cast miniature for clients, i don't have a dedicated casting area right now and my girls grand parents said i could use their garage  the last half of july to get some casting in. I have some stuff i have to get cast on my days off from work for these clients. So i am not to sure if those will work for me. I'll have to keep you guys posted.

Steven-

Offline Gun_wun

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2014, 08:46:42 PM »
Yes, I have crash space as long as you don’t mind the sounds of Squig Hounds in the back ground.  Once I secure you in “Da Bunka” all will be safe (ok I’m getting a little carried away) You’re good to go for sleeping if we opt to go that route.  Ummmmmmmm perhaps with Blind’s casting situation and us figuring out which rule set we’re going to use it’s best to push it off until fall.  Say October/November?  I also got a heater if need be.  As for rule sets again I’m open.  We’ve been using the Blue book as we wanted to get the basics down.  Now correct me if I’m wrong, but isn’t BFG:R still in the works?  I’m waiting for final word on Da Ork Fleets.  I’m wanting to make the jump to BFG:R so please advise!

Offline timdp

« Reply #24 on: July 07, 2014, 07:09:38 AM »
  Ummmmmmmm perhaps with Blind’s casting situation and us figuring out which rule set we’re going to use it’s best to push it off until fall.  Say October/November? 

I would like to move forward with the current suggested dates. There will ALWAYS be someone who can't make ANY given date and its still possible that Blind could make it. Would like to get this gaming project moving  now and then plan an additional (perhaps longer) get together in the fall.

Would like to go with the blue book rules until people have the basic play mechanics figured out. Switching to BFG:R does not look very complicated. Current state of BFG:R downloads are here:
http://afterimagedan.blogspot.nl/2012/10/battlefleet-gothicrevised.html

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #25 on: July 07, 2014, 08:16:22 AM »
Tim makes a great point, and i may still be able to make it. So just let me know the date and if i can i'll be their!

Blind-

Offline Blindhorizon

« Reply #26 on: July 07, 2014, 11:39:47 AM »
And on a side note, how do you guys feel about some epic armageddon?

Offline capt044

« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2014, 04:41:06 PM »
I agree that we begin with the blue book. I am available for with either suggested date. I would be playing Imperial looks like Gun is playing Orks. what other fleets will be playing?

Offline Duke

• Loc: Bay Area, CA
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2014, 05:07:20 AM »
Woah, I'm pretty impressed guys. The forum moves slowly, but when a topic picks up, it stays up.  ;D

I'm incredibly busy as of late, so I dunno if I can make anything that's over an hour out of the Bay. But that doesn't mean I'll never be up for it!

As for rules: if we're all out of shape, then small games of 500-1000 should do initially. I would hope to go ahead and start using the FAQ2010 adjustments right away, as that seems to be the standard internationally (lol).

Also: I'm looking to buy an Apocalypse Model Battleship. If anyone has an unused one lying around, I'd like to talk to them. ;)

@Timdp: My partner lives in Rohnert Park. Maybe I could swing by one of these days....
« Last Edit: July 09, 2014, 05:09:22 AM by Duke »

Offline timdp

« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2014, 07:58:28 PM »
Currently waiting for Greg to finalize the date.

Duke, that could work, although open upcoming weekends seem pretty scarce.