October 03, 2024, 07:21:04 AM

Author Topic: [WM] Raiash - Norse army  (Read 29903 times)

Offline raia

• Loc: Česká republika
    • Warmaster Revolution CZ
Re: [WM] Raiash - Norse army
« Reply #90 on: January 12, 2018, 08:22:05 AM »
Nice ! I did not know this unit. It's a horn producing ghosts ?

In rules it is upgrade of Wizard (chariot mount), which allow to send orders to flyer monster unit (150pts) . But yes, it is Horn which calls ghosts"

Code: [Select]
A single Shaman in a Norse army may be given the Horn of Resounding as a chariot mount upgrade. This not only gives some benefit in close combat but also allows the Shaman once per battle to summon the unit of Valkyries to aid the army in battle. The first precondition for summoning the Valkyries is that at least one stand of Norsemen must have been destroyed in a previous Combat phase. The second precondition is that there must be Norse units engaged in combat within 60cm of the Shaman. Once these preconditions are met then the Shaman may try to summon the Valkyries in the Norse Command phase instead of issuing a normal command.

The way that this is done is that the Shaman takes a command check with a -2 modifier to his command value. If the roll is successful then the Valkyries are placed on the battlefield within 20cm of the Shaman, but not into combat. The Shaman may then attempt further orders on them; most likely this would be used to get the Valkyries into combat. The initial command roll is the only roll with the -2 modifier applied to the Shaman's command value. However, for every Norse unit that has been completely wiped out, there is a +1 positive modifier to the Shaman's command value for the purpose of summoning the Valkyries, to a maximum command value of 10. This means that the more Norsemen have already died, then the greater is the chance of the Valkyries' turning up.

In subsequent turns the Valkyries may only be ordered by the Shaman with the Horn of Resounding. They can still move by initiative, but may only Home Back towards the Shaman with the Horn of Resounding. In addition, if the Shaman is killed, or rolls a blunder then the Valkyries disappear from the battlefield, their job being complete. Valkyries neither add to the army's break point, nor their loss through combat or through disappearing contributes to reaching the army break point for the purposes of withdrawal. Your opponent will not gain any victory points from destroying the Valkyries, or if they disappear because of a blunder by the summoning Shaman. However, killing the Shaman with the Horn of Resounding will grant the full victory points, as well as the immediate withdrawal of the Valkyries from the field of battle. So, look after that character!

Valkyries are flyers, thus all the rules for flyers apply. Due to their rather eerie spectral nature, not to mention the method in which they enter the battle they cause terror in combat.
[WM] Norse Jarl
[WM] Skaven Vermin lord

Offline raia

• Loc: Česká republika
    • Warmaster Revolution CZ
« Reply #91 on: January 12, 2018, 08:25:00 AM »
Crazy!  But in a good way.  Really like the ambition.  And character mounts can never be too big.  Can they?!

I think it is not important in game how a character base is big. Command range is measured from center of base.
[WM] Norse Jarl
[WM] Skaven Vermin lord

Offline empireaddict

• Loc: UK East Midlands
« Reply #92 on: January 12, 2018, 09:45:39 PM »
I agree.  I have some very big character bases too!
"I cannot believe you when you say [your friend] has identical plastic boxes for his armies, all color coded [...] Don't you think that is being little obsessive?"
"Yes, but not enough to scare us wargamers."
Larry Leadhead (2004)