October 05, 2024, 06:39:40 PM

Author Topic: 10mm "Evil Men" on Indiegogo  (Read 27341 times)

Offline forbes

• Loc: North West, UK
Re: 10mm "Evil Men" on Indiegogo
« Reply #60 on: June 17, 2015, 10:17:34 PM »
I'm with Andy on this - I've PM'd a couple of other backers in the UK and neither of them have had figures yet either, so it seems very few people have had figures. 

I was happy enough to wait for while the figures were sculpted and moulded and cast - along with the various reworking.

But once the figures were cast and delivered to Yann, I was rather expecting that they would be sent out fairly quickly - the number of backers is fairly low, and while there are a number of different codes, I don't think that it would take this long to pick and pack that many orders.

While I don't have direct experience of sending out miniatures I have run a couple of dispatch operations, and if we couldn't get 60 orders out in 6 weeks, we'd have been closing down.

Offline Stuart Bleything

« Reply #61 on: June 18, 2015, 08:32:32 PM »
Had nothing yet either . This is becoming rather drawn out .

Offline andys

• Loc: UK
« Reply #62 on: June 18, 2015, 09:04:51 PM »
This cut from Indiegogo's terms of use:

Campaign Owners are legally bound to perform on any promise and/or commitment to Contributors (including delivering any Perks). If a Campaign Owner is unable to perform on any promise and/or commitment to Contributors, the Campaign Owner will work with the Contributors to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution, which may include the issuance of a refund of Contributions by the Campaign Owner. Indiegogo is under no obligation to become involved in disputes between Campaign Owners and Contributors, or Users and any third party. In the event of any dispute, such as a Campaign Owner's alleged failure to comply with the Terms or alleged failure in fulfillment of a Perk, we may provide the Campaign Owner's contact information to the Contributor so that the two parties may resolve their dispute.

Contributions, including the Service Fees portion thereof, are not refundable. If a Campaign Owner is unable to perform on any promise and/or commitment to Contributors (including delivering any Perks), the Campaign Owner will work with the Contributors to reach a mutually satisfactory resolution, which may include the issuance of a refund of Contributions by the Campaign Owner.

So, basically, if Yann doesn't deliver what we've all ordered, it's nothing to do with Indiegogo. Effectively they are, potentially, facilitating scamming and there's nothing contributors can do about it. Nice. Hands up all those who will ever use Indiegogo again?

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
10mm "Evil Men" on Indiegogo
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2015, 07:48:35 AM »
Basic crowdfunding principles. It doesnt matter what service you use - they all have similar rules :/
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline forbes

« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2015, 09:02:03 AM »
Andy, there is no point getting upset at IndieGogo they are a facilitator.
Also crowd funding is funding not shopping - there is a risk involved in funding.

While the delays are annoying, I think it's a bit premature to call scam.

Offline andys

« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2015, 11:33:03 AM »
Andy, there is no point getting upset at IndieGogo they are a facilitator.
Also crowd funding is funding not shopping - there is a risk involved in funding.

While the delays are annoying, I think it's a bit premature to call scam.
I hope you're right, I fear you might not be though. Well Rome wasn't built in a day I suppose...

Offline forbes

« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2015, 05:27:09 PM »
Had a shipping email today - so hopefully the figures will arrive fairly soon  8)

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Loc: Vigo, Galicia, Spain
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2015, 05:39:35 PM »
I also recieve a contact from Yann. Great.

Offline Vermis

• Mini Sculpture
« Reply #68 on: June 26, 2015, 10:43:33 AM »
I got my lot this morning. Very pleased with them. The only thing is that it looks like the dragon will need some wrangling to fit together, but not too much.

Offline mlkr

• Loc: Sweden
10mm "Evil Men" on Indiegogo
« Reply #69 on: June 26, 2015, 11:07:06 AM »
Pictures! And how does one get it's hands on some? :P
//Swedish BB & WM-player.

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #70 on: June 26, 2015, 02:31:04 PM »
I had just recieved mines. The figures are exquisites, great poses and very very originals.

I will try to picture them and link them into the catalogue.

Congratulations and thank you for your effort, Yann.

Offline andys

« Reply #71 on: June 26, 2015, 04:12:32 PM »
Package arrived today, at long, long last  ;D.

First impressions, having only opened the envelope 10 minutes ago:

1) Some of the figures look to be a bit fragile, I think 1 or 2 of the standard bearers might be mis-casts.
2) Bases are generally small.
3) As jchaos says, good poses.
4) Not large/chunky figures, roughly the size of GW Empire figures.

Now all I've got to do is sort out the heavy and light infantry into Chaos Warrior and Marauder units.

Offline forbes

« Reply #72 on: June 26, 2015, 04:31:11 PM »
Mine have arrived today too!  :)

They are very nice figures - a huge number of poses - the infantry packs look to be 9 unique infantry twice, and banner bearer and drummer. The marching drummer is one of my favourites.

The command pack has all sorts of goodies - it will take a bit of working out what some are - the flame mage is cool.

The drake is huge!

Most of the figures do look quite slight - but fit with Empire infantry and Pendraken Romans that I happen to have on my painting table.

Yes, bases are quite small, whether this matters or not will be seen. I've not noticed any miscasts, most figures are very clean casts, with just a bit of filing on the bottom of the base needed.

The number of poses is great!

Offline jchaos79

• Veteran member
    • Fortunes of war
« Reply #73 on: June 27, 2015, 08:14:35 AM »

Offline andys

« Reply #74 on: June 27, 2015, 09:56:10 AM »
In short, I think making a Chaos army from these figures is going to be a little bit challenging. In long...

Made a start this morning. I've got one pack of Erynies, 20 figures that I'm splitting to make 2 units of Harpies.

Man but they are fragile! Be VERY careful, or you might break the figures from the small base they are on. It hasn't happened to me but more by luck than judgement I think! I don't know if the Erynies are suitable for gaming with, being so fragile, I can see them breaking in the heat and excitement of a game if you're a touch on the ham-fisted side. Fortunately I'm "just" a collector, so it shouldn't matter to me. Gamers beware though!!

As the bases are so small, I've stuck them to the 20x40 base by placing a large drop of super glue on the base, placing the figure into the glue, then quickly dropping fine sand around the figure base. All the while holding the figure, as they tend not to stand up on their own - especially the flying one!!  ::)

If the infantry figures are the same, I'll be using a lot of sand and glue to fix them onto the bases - and I've got 8 infantry units to make up. Fortunately the cavalry, chariots and young drakes look to be OK for basing, another 8 units.

Anyhoo, my finger tips currently have bits of glue/sand on them, but at least I've got one unit on the bases. Painting next...