July 28, 2024, 11:26:34 AM

Author Topic: Adepticon Announcement  (Read 33534 times)

Offline lordgoober

Re: Adepticon Announcement
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2013, 09:14:45 PM »
ok.  I think you're making sense on the Eldar working together much more.  As a note,  if contingent used,  it's supposed to be NOT from your own main fleet race so same working with same doesn't really matter ^_^.

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2013, 10:26:26 PM »
Ok so here is my main question about this: why would I take another fleet's stuff when it is basically spending points on something that gets me downsides? I'm going to bring Tyranids again most likely, so why would I bring allies when I could just take more Tyranids?

Offline AndrewChristlieb

« Reply #32 on: December 23, 2013, 01:49:22 AM »
Ya it seems that you should have a mandatory amount of "allies" if thats the direction you're going to go. Eldar admech and SM seems the most likely to stand out due to their already above average leadership. Im going to have to take a look at this on the computer to get a better view because a few of these seem pretty off (Admech trusts Tau more then IN or space marines?)

Ok so looking at these this is where I would think they would fall.

Admech allies: Chaos orange, Inquisition yellow, IN green, Necrons orange, Space Marines green
Chaos allies: Admech orange, Inquisition yellow, and Space Marines red
D Eldar allies: DE green, Eldar green, and Inquisition orange
Eldar allies: (includes CWE?) DE green, and Inquisition orange
Inquisition allies: Everything should be yellow or orange, except the Nids
IN allies: Necrons orange
Necron allies: Admech orange and Inquisition orange.
Ork allies: Rogue trader yellow, SM red
Rogue trader: Inquisition SM and orks yellow.
SM allies: Admech green, Inquisition yellow, orks red, Rogue trader yellow
Tau: Inquisition orange
Nids: red lots of red and more red.

Ordo Hereticus Inquisitior Lord allows for Admech, Inquisition, IN, RT and Space Marines as Green allies.
Ordo Xenos Inquisitior Lord allows for any one alien race to be yellow. *except nids
Ordo Malleus Inquisitior Lord allows for Chaos as green allies.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:24:02 AM by AndrewChristlieb »
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #33 on: December 23, 2013, 04:13:01 AM »
Two things. Isn't there some new updates about Tau and the Imperium that would make their alliances more of an option.  Also, if genestealer cults can take over planets, I suppose that should be accounted for here in some way.

Offline lordgoober

« Reply #34 on: December 23, 2013, 05:03:06 AM »
The genestealer cults is why I even had ally options available for them.  The way the chart is done,  the your main fleet is on the left then you ally options are from the top.

The reason I had them all as Desperate allies is because I figured that the Genestealer Cult would be in control of the main command of the ship but not the whole ship,  kinda like was put in part of the fluff in the Armada Chaos section I think about the still loyal crew in the engineering department.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #35 on: December 23, 2013, 05:08:36 AM »
Goober, I was mainly referring to Andrew's list. Also, what about my earlier comment?

Offline RaptorEvolved

• Into the fires of battle, unto the anvil of war!
    • Loc: Chicago
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2013, 05:26:06 AM »
since were bring up a lot of changes...

I will be changing the allies matrix accordingly, I was thinking
we can make the auxiliary flotilla a mandatory for all fleets. have a total base of 1750pts to begin with,  then mandatory for 250 points of allies.. how does this sound?
If I do kill you, it'll be from the front, and you'll be armed.
-Malcolm Reynolds

Offline unseelied

• Loc: Levittown, PA 19057 USA
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2013, 03:06:37 PM »
Whats the reasoning behind the manditory allies number?  Seems it would be easier to fit in with less restrictions.  The lower number of points spent on them the crappier they will be so its sort of self regulating.  Cherry picking the best stuff is kind of the point of allies or why else would you take them to a tournament? 

Is no one else concerned about a double tombship list in this format?  If not you are going to be rudely surprised come april.  A necron player I know is coming and if he is allowed to take two he is going to take two.

As to the various allies fluff arguements can be made in almost any direction.  Admech cult could worship something under Mars or it could believe the crons are the most unnatural thing ever.  It all depends on how extreme the Admech guys are.  Whatever you decide someone will not agree so just decide.  Rule with your iron fist of doom. 

Offline lordgoober

« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2013, 05:35:18 PM »
The Mandatory allies number is more because it's a replacement for the Transports from the past.  You still have your 1500 point base fleet but instead of transports,  you're getting allies from another fleet.  You don't have to use all the 250 points but any not used are lost and you can use up to 100 of your main fleet to balance out points as needed.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2013, 05:40:20 PM »
So why not just say this is a 1,500pt tournament and you may bring up to 250pts of allies on top of that using the chart?

Offline lordgoober

« Reply #40 on: December 23, 2013, 06:50:51 PM »
I think that was the original way I had written the rules. That will probably be how it's stated in the final rules pdf that will go on the adepticon website.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #41 on: December 23, 2013, 07:04:35 PM »
Sweet. Can't wait for that packet!

Offline unseelied

• Loc: Levittown, PA 19057 USA
« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2013, 07:32:39 PM »
If the intention is to have 1500pt fleets you should then allow people to ally with themselves for the extra 250 if they want a "pure" fleet.  This would be instead of the straight 1750.  1750 allows all kinds of shenanigans like opening up more Battlecruiser or grandcruiser slots or what have you.  If the ally fleet was an extra thing, unconnected in any way to your main fleet list it would level the playing field and give the "pure" lists no advantage over the mixed ones.   As it stands I'm seeing more advantage to not bringing allies but instead just bringing a 1750 fleet list.

Offline afterimagedan

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2013, 08:08:49 PM »
Unseelied, what I think they are going for is to not allow 1750pt single fleets. Saying 1500pts with additional 250pts of allies then makes it level out and gets rid of the 1750 fleets. They should probably also say that the allies don't contribute to requirements for bigger ships. Just count them as an entirely different small fleet.

Offline lordgoober

« Reply #44 on: December 23, 2013, 08:26:41 PM »
Dan's got the intent absolutely right.  If we wanted to we could make this just a good old vanilla 1500 point tournament but we felt it was going to make things more interesting by bringing in allied contingents.  If you don't want an allied contingent?  Fine,  your fleet is 1500 points.