July 20, 2024, 12:30:22 AM

Author Topic: [BFG] Test scheme for my Imperial Fleet  (Read 3381 times)

Offline Arklite

• Lurker
[BFG] Test scheme for my Imperial Fleet
« on: April 24, 2009, 04:23:06 AM »
Well, here's the new overall scheme for my latest batch of Cruisers. I've got around 50 or so to paint, so I think this has a nice rounded look to it, while not being too detailed. The rest of my fleet (~120 vessels) is a mix of the "standard" green with white prow, green with green prow, white with red prow or then there's a mix of various colors for ships that have been TDYed to my Sector.

How's it look? My overall goal for the past 7-8 years has been to put together a sector-size fleet, and I'm about 2/3's of the way there, in my opinion. This chunk will be the primary colors of the Sector fleet, with the others representing units permanently attached to various planets.

~J

Offline horizon

• Mod
  • Veteran member
  • Destiny Infinity Eternity
Re: [BFG] Test scheme for my Imperial Fleet
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2009, 04:44:23 AM »
Quite cool, a whole sector's fleet. Have you used the rulebook as a guideline? They detail how many ships are in a (sub) sector.
You also have transports etc I hope...

I think when finished this would be a great photo gallery for Warp Rift. Contact me at horizon@epic40k.co.uk

Onto the painting:
It's neat and probably works for a complete fleet look but I think the main hull looks a little flat/dull on its own.
It could use some contrasts. Only little. Yellow lights would also liven it up a little.

Remember GothiComp!