July 24, 2024, 03:28:11 PM

Author Topic: Compendium Strike Cruiser opinion needed  (Read 1468 times)

Offline lordgoober

Compendium Strike Cruiser opinion needed
« on: November 15, 2013, 11:51:42 PM »
Ok. As the coordinator for Adepticon BFG I've been given a rules question for fleet design based on the Compendium Space Marine fleet list.   

For reference. Adepticon is allowing the Forgeworld ships from IA 10 outside of the High Conveyor transport.  One of those ships is the Strike Cruiser variant in there. 

With the Compendium you can upgrade half of your strike cruisers with upgrades.   

What I was asked was how the IA Strike Cruiser counted.  These are the effective options

1:  Counts as a Standard Strike Cruiser for your upgrade limit.
2:  Counts against our upgraded strike cruisers for the limit
3:  Doesn't count either way. 

3 is how I have made my preliminary ruling.  I'd like opinions on if this makes sense or not.

Offline Vaaish

• Digital Equinox
Re: Compendium Strike Cruiser opinion needed
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2013, 04:14:39 AM »
I think it makes sense. Precedent with the CG not counting toward BB.
-Vaaish

Offline AndrewChristlieb

Re: Compendium Strike Cruiser opinion needed
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2013, 04:22:13 AM »
With option three I would assume that the IA10 SC would count against your maximum number of cruisers but would not count as a standard cruiser or a variant cruiser (including not counting against the maximum number of variants).

Personally it feels a bit awkward. Making it count as a variant in a Compendium list would make the most sense to me. If you're allowing the FW list from IA10 then allow it to be taken as described there. So in other words I would play it two ways depending on what the "core" list is.
I don't make the rules, I just think them up and write them down.