July 26, 2024, 09:12:39 AM

Author Topic: Do it for yourself  (Read 8082 times)

Offline Islacrusez

• Loc: Plymouth, United Kingdom
Re: Do it for yourself
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2013, 04:44:52 PM »
I think I'll sit out while you guys go on Void Safari :P

I could try and do another of my Imperial transports as a workshop? Everyone loves Imperial shoulder-prow transports :P
Quite crucial to be able to tell minefields and rally points apart...

Offline harec

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2013, 09:00:56 PM »
Well I guess I must cancel the workshop for lack of people(Unlees people start replying) :(, anyway I will do my whales ;D
Maybe we are more lucky witha a 3d workshop Malika, Islacrusez or anyone, do you have anything in mind?.

I colaborate with a spanish blog called profanus40k.
http://profanus40k.blogspot.com.es/

Offline Malika

• Loc: Netherlands
    • Bits Blitz
« Reply #17 on: December 02, 2013, 06:40:38 AM »
What exactly do you have in mind for a workshop? A video, or a tutorial post?
Bits Blitz - the place to be for all your bits needs!

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2013, 01:36:16 PM »
Bit of both I think... One stage at a time from tools and raw materials to completion. Obviously with 3D it's a bit different. My 3D has stalled after wrestling with an eldar turret; so I think I might do the scratchbuilt imperial transport workshop if nobody else wants to run one?

Offline harec

« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2013, 05:25:14 PM »
Is what islacrusez said, the thing is to have a group of people showing their results as well as someone showing first how to do it.
Isla you have one participant it you want to do that. ;)

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2013, 06:07:15 PM »
Man a “Void Whale” would have been really cool.  If I had more time on my hands I would have loved to safari with ya, Heric.  As for a transport Islacrusze that may be more in line with what people would want to see.  I’m not sure as I’m pretty new here.  A transport is cool, but something about a Void Whale fires up my imagination.  I can see one gutted, with several long chains attaching it behind one of me ships…………. (perhaps a  mother, or a cute baby whale; Da Boss would like that and besides there meat is sweater…………….)  Question, do you think you guys would get more interest if you posted this topic in the modeling and painting section?  Or is it just what it is?  I know I posted my fleet over at Da Waagh (being a Ork lover and all) and I was disappointed to see that only 13 people have checked it out over several days.  I guess that is the problem with falling in love with a dead game.  I have a tendency to do stuff like that.  At any rate I hope this workshop gets off of the ground because I’d love nothing more than to watch from the back of the room.   

Offline harec

« Reply #21 on: December 02, 2013, 06:32:32 PM »
Don't worry Gun_wun you will see a complete bank, I love to do several size models, as weel as some cool rules I prepared, but not yet I just have to many projects in mind.

As you said the only problem is that this game is not as popular a others, but we will see.

Offline Gun_wun

• Loc: USA
« Reply #22 on: December 02, 2013, 07:45:27 PM »
I fully understand the too many projects.  I'll be waiting patiently in the back ground for what you create.  Da Boss I'm sure will be sharpening his dinner blades with a big toothy grin!  "Smells like fresh meat me thinks!"  Actually a whaling expedition could make for a fun side game, ok you got me thinking Harec, stop it!

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2013, 08:12:51 AM »
Maybe I can do some sort of tutorial on how I do the turrets? I can do it for the next turret or bits I'm designing. It will be a picture tutorial though, not a video one.

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2013, 03:22:28 PM »
Any others want to tag along on my scratchbuilding adventure? If so, speak now or forever hold your peace you'll have to wait until I put the first post up in the modelling section. Probably the easiest way to do it; have each workshop as a separate topic in the modelling section, with the first post linking back to this thread, and this thread linking to each?

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2013, 05:14:33 PM »
Hmm, is it possible to perhaps eventually put these articles/workshops/whatever together on a simple page or document?

Offline Islacrusez

« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2013, 05:55:26 PM »
We can add them to the first post of this thread, that'll keep them all in one place? Easier than trying to manage another separate page and/or having people need to access an external system to find them. And if each individual workshop links here, people can always find the rest of them.

Offline harec

« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2013, 06:38:17 PM »
Isla as I said I join. about what to do, I don't now because at the moment we stop posting it will go down. :(

Offline afterimagedan

• Loc: Chicago IL, USA
« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2013, 12:57:57 AM »
Maybe condense into one thread and see if it can be pinned? Maybe you guys could present it in some cool, semi official way to announce the official beginning of your group.

Offline Malika

• Bits Blitz
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 06:41:04 PM »
Hmm, I've kinda got a feeling that my 'tutorial' is already included in the threads in which I show my ships. Well, it doesn't include the whole "I'm starting off with a square" routine, but some of them include very early WIP versions and then gradually show the evolution of the ships to their final versions. Would that count?